• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Four Games are going multiplatform. (Pentiment, Sea of Thieves, Grounded, Hi-Fi Rush)

DJ12

I think this might be what they have on the roster:
- Sea of Thieves - live service game that depends on the community playing it, having it on other platforms make a lot of sense if they're thinking about expanding an audience to multiple platforms
- Grounded - survival game with lower scope that is based around co-op, already finished its life cycle and have potential to reach new players
- Pentiment - small adventure game which can especially do well among Switch players who play on handheld mode or PlayStation Portal users
- HI-FI Rush - well-acclaimed game that didn't made a huge splash commercially. Having it on multiple platforms can give it much more recognition and improve its sales performance

I wouldn't count for Starfield, but I think Avowed, Hellblade 2 and Indiana Jones may have a big chance for releasing on PS5 in 2025
So other than Sea of Thieves, which one of those is a GaaS game?

he said two smaller games, and two service games.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yeah but now they've had their hope crushed. With him saying this, they are smart enough to realize if it does come it definitely wont be anytime soon after its release on Xbox.

Can't wait for the first person immersive sim experience later this year.

Darsxx82

It's amazing that they let a snowball grow so much when only for this.

Taking so long has only unnecessarily damaged the brand's image and created insecurity among its users.

In the end it ended up being what was expected, no bomb, certainly not the announcement of its disappearance 😅 Will more XBOX games besides those 4 come out on PS and Switch? That's for sure, since with Bethesda and Activision many Studios will release games that will only be profitable if they are released on multiple platforms. In fact that already happens.

But it is clear that the day when everything is launched on PS is not close and nor is it that it will be launched on day one.

The disappearance of XBOX consoles is not close either. There is going to be another generation of XBOX and in fact it sounds like it is going to be "traditional"(It's up to them if they think it's the best decision)
He has also left clues that new hardware will be announced at the end of the year (Xbox Handlead?, XSX slim?, XSPro?) and that in June there will be a Conference with big game announcements.....

In short, all this did not require waiting a week and letting Troy burn.

mitch1971

Boosting game sales can help with future hardware. So, why in the hell go the sub root when you could of been selling all these games like you normally would?

Dazraell

So other than Sea of Thieves, which one of those is a GaaS game?

he said two smaller games, and two service games.
Grounded. I believe he mentioned something about "community-driven" and that game was an Early Access multiplayer survival game which was updated for several years

Honestly, these four games are great and worth playing.

If you want to try them for free*, you can with a month of Game Pass Ultimate™ starting at $1, available now on PC.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm warming up to it. I think the fistfights will be much more strategic and involved in first person much like this game:

The former Starbreeze devs at Machine Games have had years to think about how to improve on this.

First person exploration, puzzle solving and platforming ought to be pretty good. I don't expect them to go crazy like Doom Eternal but still.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Ah yes…the soft break in period like Xbox is just beginning to groom Xbots. I’m telling you this is a lead in to softening the blow of full scale multi platform for Microsoft. Screenshot and/or bookmark it or you want. But I guarantee you by the end of 2024, that’s exactly where we will be going. Next will be Starfield by the end of spring.

Killjoy-NL

how was the show today?

5wdioz.png
Exactly as expected.

I take it you completely missed the part where they said more games will come, but in different words?

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
But I don't want to create a false expectation on those other platforms that this is somehow the first four to get over the dam and then the dam's going to open and that everything else is coming. that's not the plan today.

The least convincing thing I’ve ever heard come out of Phil’s mouth.

RickMasters

how was the show today?

5wdioz.png
Now they be like:

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

They won’t be getting any of the big hitters, and that makes sense. Those are for selling Xboxes and game pass subs.

That said. I welcome PS gamers too, sea of theives…. Join in. You can finally stop hating on the game. Personally I’ll sink the lot of you at sea, with my crew. Looking forward to that. 😅😅😅

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
But I don't want to create a false expectation on those other platforms that this is somehow the first four to get over the dam and then the dam's going to open and that everything else is coming. that's not the plan today.

So laughable that people here really believe this isn’t the beginning of the end for Xbox exclusives. I wish I could turn on blinders like that.

Update: Games are:
Pentiment
Hi-Fi Rush
Grounded
Sea of Thieves

https://twitter.com/tomwarren

ZojUjDf.png

Xbox chief Phil Spencer doesn't rule out Starfield and Indiana Jones coming to PS5. "I don't think we should as an industry ever rule out a game going to any other platform.

Please Tom dont lie i have seen the podcast they refused to tell what does four games are..you are just making things up....and between the lines they will be more games coming to Playstation but talked about 4 to soften the blow. It was standard PR fluf...Phil and Booty i dont believe you guys....

Last edited:

graywolf323

Shinobi said on Era: "for now"
I mean Phil himself is basically saying that, but you wouldn’t know it from the fanboys on here crowing like it’s confirmed they’ll stay exclusive and everyone who believes otherwise should be ashamed of their thoughts & deeds
Well Phil did say this: “don’t want to rule out a game coming to any other platforms […] currently focused on 4 games". Full quote via The Verge:
You mentioned that Starfield and Indiana Jones aren't part of the four despite rumors, but will those ever come to PS5? Can you rule that out?
I don't think we should as an industry ever rule out a game going to any other platform. We're focused on these four games and learning from the experience.
But I don't want to create a false expectation on those other platforms that this is somehow the first four to get over the dam and then the dam's going to open and that everything else is coming, that's not the plan today. I also don't want to mislead customers on those other platforms. We're launching these four games, and we're excited about it. We're excited about the announce and everything else, but we'll see what happens for our business.

Killjoy-NL

"That's not the plan  today"

"Today" is key here. He basically says that they might do it if things get even worse.
Which will happen.

Last edited:

Sephimoth

What exactly was made up?
Indiana Jones, Starfield etc. Literally had one moments after the podcast aired: "I understand that Microsoft has also previously been weighing up the idea of bringing Gears of War, Microsoft Flight Simulator, and even the next Doom game to rival platforms"

"But it might come one day so it's not made up!"
Then I'd like to leak that Blinx: The Time Sweeper is coming to Sonys platform (you heard it here first)

Last edited:

RickMasters

Well
I watched it

Man, based on the way they talk, XBOX is the greatest thing in the world and PlayStation and Nintendo are small pieces of trash
I’m about to start watching it. Just gauging the comment in here for a bit first, while my lasagne bakes.

Top Bottom