• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Sandler Sets Record With 11 Razzie Nominations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serves him right for doing shit projects, end of the day he won't give a shit because these shit projects make him bank left and right

From what I've read, it's more like he likes doing these shitty movies with his buddies like Dennis Dugan instead of doing potentially decent movies with different people. He's already made as much money as he'll ever need.

He deserves all the Razzies they can come up with.

He's basically stealing investor money to pay off his out of work friends and then charging a premium to see a horribly shitty movie.
That's down right evil.
A budget of 80 Million plus a huge ad revenue for all the product placements.

Yeah, and the film still made almost $150 mil worldwide. He's not stealing money from little old ladies - he's getting money from wealthy investors who know how the game is played. Not to mention how many people have at least temporary jobs during the course of production and post. It's also a misconception that all product placement is the result of a cash payout. It's more common that in exchange for ad placement, the vendors provide a service. Dell may provide workstations, Coke may provide free craft services, etc. It's not always cash.

Not saying he isn't overcharging, but to equate him to the banks is a little much.

Alphahawk

Yeah, and the film still made almost $150 mil worldwide. He's not stealing money from little old ladies - he's getting money from wealthy investors who know how the game is played. Not to mention how many people have at least temporary jobs during the course of production and post. It's also a misconception that all product placement is the result of a cash payout. It's more common that in exchange for ad placement, the vendors provide a service. Dell may provide workstations, Coke may provide free craft services, etc. It's not always cash.

Not saying he isn't overcharging, but to equate him to the banks is a little much.

Also the people who went and saw Jack and Jill knew exactly what they were getting into...

Platy

He got nominated for worst actress in Jack and Jill?
bwahahahaha

I fucking hate him with a passion. He was never funny, ever. He's second only to Rob Schneider in terms of terrible "funny" actors. Please, just stop making movies.

I loved the way they found to stop Rob Scheneider making movies ..... give him a tv series !

This is the perfect option for Adam Sandler, wich is kinda sad since he has some cool dramatic roles ...

I loved the way they found to stop Rob Scheneider making movies ..... give him a tv series !

This is the perfect option for Adam Sandler, wich is kinda sad since he has some cool dramatic roles ...

I always wonder how Sandler has felt about his more serious roles. If I could ask him anything I would just ask him why he doesn't do more serious roles. He should have enough money by this point that he could do passion projects if he wanted to.

Punch Drunk Love and Spanglish both had great performances. Haven't seen Reign of Fire.

Drencrom

He's basically stealing investor money to pay off his out of work friends and then charging a premium to see a horribly shitty movie.
That's down right evil.
A budget of 80 Million plus a huge ad revenue for all the product placements.

This actually makes me frustrated. I hate that awful actor and his friends with a passion and I can't go into more detail because i'll probably get banned.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I wasn't surprised at how some of the companies that are linked together work together when it comes to promoting the movie and running their businesses in general. That is to be expected. I was surprised at just how deep that wormhole goes. I never knew about how Coca-Cola was involved in television, for example. We're through the looking glass here, people.
What? Sony Pictures paid the budget, Sony owns Columbia Pictures, and Happy Madison Productions is located at Sony Pictures Studios. Why is it shocking news that there is Sony product placement?

Why does it matter than Coca-Cola owned Columbia Pictures in the past? I really don't think Sony needs Coca-Cola to get subsidiaries of Sony Pictures Entertainment to rekindle old ties with The Price is Right since they um own the subsidiaries. Coca-Cola is common in product placement in general.

And I think some of you are in a land of hyper bowls if you think Adam is pulling some kind of wool over Sony's eyes. Adam is directly involved with them and they know he casts his friends a lot. They've been disturbing a lot of the films for years with Columbia Pictures.

I mentioned it earlier, but how awesome would it have been to see Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close get nominated for both the Oscar for Best Picture and the Razzie for Worst Picture? I really thought it might have pulled it off.

I really cannot overstate how fucking horrendous Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is.

Wait, there was a new Big Momma movie?
WHY?!

Heh, it's on HBO right now. Fucking terrible, seems like they have worse makeup for Martin than they had in the first two movies as well lol. Looks fake as shit. I don't remember it looking that bad in the first two.

Oh wow the hot chick from Cloverfield is in this movie. Movie redeemed? lol

Carbonox

Last Sandler film I saw was Click. Absolutely shite film.

I can still watch his old shit however; Billy Madison, Waterboy, etc.

Lime

chocolate_bird.jpg

No movie with this in it should win a Razzie.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I love how people are feeling sorry for the poor hollywood mega producers. It's right out of the simpsons.

"take what you need from our boutiques until you get back on your feet."

Slayven

It's essentially an incredibly expensive movie with incredibly low production values, that only exists to make Sandler & friends a lot of money. I know, making a movie to make money sounds like every movie ever if you want to be cynical about it, but it's really worth watching the Half in the Bag episode (linked in the OP) to see just how far this movie goes in that regard.

Isn't that way Rob Schneider had a movie career?

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
You guys hating on Sandler are hilarious! He'll dry your tears with hundred dollar bills. He knows his movies are shit and you should be hating the people that actually pay to go see them.

Joni

The only thing he has done in Shrek is offer his voice tho. I thought he created them at one point.
True, but he only produced four movies. The Love Guru and the three Austin Powers films. He also wrote a couple of SNL specials and the Wayne's World films. But he mainly is an actor, one that doesn't do a lot of different movies at the moment.

He really needs to make a new Austin Powers, Gold Member was ten years ago, too long.

It is rumoured to be coming.

Card Boy

Banned
We need to make an Adam Sandler appreciation thread, so many classics.

Billy Madison
Happy Gilmore
Little Nicky
Wedding Singer
Waterboy

BY2K

Membero Americo
He "won" them all, too.

http://www.razzies.com/history/12winners.asp

Ninety-seven percent of the critics at Rotten Tomatoes disliked Adam Sandler's two-for-one twaddle-fest of a twin comedy JACK & JILL — and apparently 100% of RAZZIE® Award Voters agreed. In April Fools' night ceremonies in Santa Monica, JACK & JILL set a new record, becoming the first film in the 32-year history of the RAZZIES® to "win" every single tacky trophy handed out at the annual Oscar® spoof — a total of TEN Dis-Honors.

INCLUDING both Worst Actor AND Worst Actress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom