• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winners of the 2017 Razzie Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidys

That's right. It's that time of year.

WORST PICTURE
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Dirty Grandpa
Gods of Egypt
Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party - WINNER
Independence Day: Resurgence
Zoolander No. 2

WORST ACTOR
Ben Affleck / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Gerard Butler / Gods of Egypt & London Has Fallen
Henry Cavill / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Robert de Niro / Dirty Grandpa
Dinesh D’Souza [as Himself] / Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party - WINNER
Ben Stiller / Zoolander No. 2

WORST ACTRESS
Megan Fox / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Tyler Perry / BOO! A Medea Halloween
Julia Roberts / Mother’s Day
Becky Turner [as Hillary Clinton] / Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party - WINNER
Naomi Watts / Divergent Series: Allegiant & Shut-In
Shailene Woodley / Divergent Series: Allegiant

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Julianne Hough / Dirty Grandpa
Kate Hudson / Mother’s Day
Aubrey Plaza / Dirty Grandpa
Jane Seymour / Fifty Shades of Black
Sela Ward / Independence Day: Resurgence
Kristen Wiig / Zoolander No. 2 - WINNER

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Nicolas Cage / Snowden
Johnny Depp / Alice Through the Looking Glass
Will Ferrell / Zoolander No. 2
Jesse Eisenberg / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - WINNER
Jared Leto / Suicide Squad
Owen Wilson / Zoolander No. 2

WORST SCREEN COMBO
Ben Affleck & His BFF (Baddest Foe Forever) Henry Cavill / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - WINNER
Any 2 Egyptian Gods or Mortals / Gods of Egypt
Johnny Depp & His Vomitously Vibrant Costume / Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Entire Cast of Once Respected Actors / Collateral Beauty
Tyler Perry & That Same Old Worn Out Wig / BOO! A Medea Halloween
Ben Stiller and His BFF (Barely Funny Friend) Owen Wilson / Zoolander No. 2

WORST DIRECTOR
Dinesh D’Souza and Bruce Schooley / Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party - WINNER
Roland Emmerich / Independence Day: Resurgence
Tyler Perry / BOO! A Medea Halloween
Alex Proyas / Gods of Egypt
Zack Snyder / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Ben Stiller / Zoolander No. 2

WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIP-OFF or SEQUEL
Alice Through the Looking Glass
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Dawn of Justice - WINNER
Fifty Shades of Black
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Zoolander No. 2

WORST SCREENPLAY
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - WINNER
Dirty Grandpa
Gods of Egypt
Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party
Suicide Squad

RAZZIE REDEEMER AWARD
Mel Gibson
http://www.justjared.com/2017/02/25/razzie-awards-2017-complete-winners-list-revealed/

So Hillary's America and Batman v Superman were tied for the most wins. I have not seen Dinesh D'Souza's piece of shit but I imagine it would just frustrate the hell out of me and I take their word that it is probably the worst film of the year. Apparently D'Souza also accepted his awards, probably since it puts him in the same company as Donald Trump who has also won a Razzie.

Still though I'm glad BvS received it's fair due for being the piece of shit that it is.

caliph95

Saying this as a person who dislikes BVS and Razzies means nothing but i feel like there are worst stuff than BVS.

hidys

Has anyone seen Hillary's America? I refuse to watch that garbage on principle but would someone who has seen it agree with that pick?

platakul

Banned
Has anyone seen Hillary's America? I refuse to watch that garbage on principle but would someone who has seen it agree with that pick?
No. It was funny as hell. His Obama movie was incredibly boring, but the Hillary one is an insane ride.

Pachinko

Independence Day 2 should have had that worst sequel category on lockdown , bad as BVS was I didn't feel lobotomized when it was over just disappointed that it wasn't better. Resurgence was one of the worst movies I've ever seen , it even gave transformers 2 a run for its money.

I wonder how much that stings for Eisenberg (and for the legion of people who think the film is just misunderstood brilliance).

Like, I know that all of us are still bitter that Hillary lost, but seriously, BvS was robbed.

I wonder how much that stings for Eisenberg.

His performance stunk of someone who actively didn't give a shit about the film and chose to ham it up for fun instead of giving an appropriate performance, so I imagine he'd be cool with this.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Jesse Eisenberg / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - WINNER

Even if the BvS hate is a bit much, this is a justified pick. Eisenberg as Luthor was terrible. Never again hopefully.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Lol BvS hate goes abit to far.
Lol no.

Like, I know that all of us are still bitter that Hillary lost, but seriously, BvS was robbed.

His performance stunk of someone who actively didn't give a shit about the film and chose to ham it up for fun instead of giving an appropriate performance, so I imagine he'd be cool with this.
Show up, do a Max Landis impersonation for a couple weeks, get the check. Doing it right.

Toothless

Eisenberg winning is silly. He's probably one of the few good parts of BvS. The character is written terribly, but Eisenberg hams it up to the point where its oddly entertaining. Razzies don't matter at all though, so who cares haha

EulaCapra

Independence Day: Resurgence should have swept every award right behind that Dinesh trash.

Don't know how Sela Ward got nominated though for playing a part with 7 lines total.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Suicide Squad not getting worst screenplay is a surprise. That seemed like a sure thing.

I didn't think Naomi Watts was that bad in Allegiant. Fairly certain she just had a tiny cameo. If they wanted to ding somebody for slumming, Jeff Daniels was in the same movie for way longer.

I would've definitely given Aubrey Plaza a razzie. She was insufferable in Dirty Grandpa and that Mike & Dave wedding movie. Eisenberg earned every bit of his razzie though, that's for sure.

Timeaisis

How does Dinesh D’Souza get the worst actor for playing himself? If we're considering that acting, then he is, by default, the best actor on the list, after playing himself perfectly.

RS4-

How did they not add Pratt and Lawrence from Assengers. Even Andy Garcia was more impressive than both.

Protome

Clear Marvel bias by the Razzies.
Not really. But X-Men Apocalypse was worse than either of 2016's DC movies.

I expected BvS to win more categories. I'm glad it didn't. It's bad but not worst of the year bad. Eisenberg deserves his Razzie though.

Clear Marvel bias by the Razzies.
Not really. But X-Men Apocalypse was worse than either of 2016's DC movies.

Nah, say what you will about that film but it still had some good scenes (Quicksilver, the early Magneto stuff) and it finally gave us a compelling onscreen version of Cyclops. It's a heavily flawed mess but it's no Suicide Squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom