• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, and Ezra Miller - not in new DC

bitbydeath

This detail was hidden within the article ManaByte ManaByte had posted, and thought it deserved its own thread.
Left Jason's name out of the title as he is likely to return as Lobo

In fact, none of the stars cast by Zack Snyder for 2016’s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and 2017’s “Justice League” — including Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller and Momoa — will reprise their roles in the new DC universe in character. Momoa may return, just not as Aquaman.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I never thought that the problem with the Snyderverse was the casting. Overall I liked the choices for the main heroes. The thing that sucked about the Snyderverse was the scripts. I would have liked to see these characters be given something better to work with than what culminated in the original Justice League edit. I did enjoy Snyder's 4 hour Justice League edit and the Steppenwolf character more in that that the idiotic bumbling version from the theatrical release. That could have been a better movie if it didn't try to do so much.

Last edited:

Doom85

I mean, the article probably isn’t wrong but they provide zero quotes from a source so…..yeah.

The new Superman has already been cast so we know that one for sure. I would rather Momoa just continue to play Aquaman, as Lobo is such a bland character to me. He was amusing for that one episode of the Justice League cartoon where he tries to take Superman’s spot on the team, but it’s the sort of shtick that is good for 20 minutes, a movie or more would get old fast.

Affleck wouldn’t even fit because it might not even be Bruce in Brave and the Bold.

I’m pretty sure to introduce Damien, they would have Bruce still as Bats. They could have Dick take over the mantle since they are following the Grant Morrison run somewhat, but I highly doubt it would be in movie 1, unless maybe at the end of it.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I’m pretty sure to introduce Damien, they would have Bruce still as Bats. They could have Dick take over the mantle since they are following the Grant Morrison run somewhat, but I highly doubt it would be in movie 1, unless maybe at the end of it.
The rumor is it’s Dick in the movie. That way there aren’t two Bruce Wayne Batman movies with different actors. It’s meant to introduce the Bat family.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
If you do like marvel initially did and cast some up and coming actors with a solid main actor you can save a lot of money with salaries.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I wasn't expecting any of them to return, not in their current roles at least. For one, it seems like the audience has basically moved on and aren't interested in any of the old Snyder era DC stuff. And I figure they're also going to want to reset with younger actors if they're being serious about building a longterm universe.

Last edited:

Doom85

The rumor is it’s Dick in the movie. That way there aren’t two Bruce Wayne Batman movies with different actors. It’s meant to introduce the Bat family.

They said it’s two separate universes so it shouldn’t be an issue to have two Bruces. It would be a huge disservice to Damien to not have him develop his relationship with his father at all. Don’t get me wrong, Dick and Damien have a great dynamic too, but they should not neglect Damien’s relationship with Bruce.

Also, no way are they going to have their first Justice League film not have Bruce there.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Also, no way are they going to have their first Justice League film not have Bruce there.
They’re a long way from a JL movie. Gunn is doing Phases like Marvel did and what they’ve announced so far is just the beginning of Phase 1.

Last edited:

Doom85

They’re a long way from a JL movie. Gunn is doing Phases like Marvel did and what they’ve announced so far is just the beginning of Phase 1.

Well, five of those are films and the other five are shows, so it might not be as far away as you think if production is able to go at a smooth rate.

Regardless, I just highly doubt they’d go swinging out of the gate immediately with Dick as Batman. If anything, that would confuse audiences even more pre-release as opposed to having Bruce as usual while also having The Batman as its own continuity. The live action adaptations pretty much always start with the original, the only exceptions were when the original(s) wearers of a mantle or team members are so obscure to the general public that no one would notice, such as skipping Alan Scott as Green Lantern, Jay Garrick as Flash, Dan Garett as Blue Beetle (he at least got a name drop in the movie IIRC), or the original Guardians of the Galaxy members or original Captain Marvel. But Bruce Wayne is obviously far more known to general audiences to say the least.

Plus, considering Dick Grayson’s only prior live action appearances in film were an absolute shit show, they’d want to restore the character’s reputation on screen before having him wear the mantle. Let him kick ass as Nightwing for a while.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I never thought that the problem with the Snyderverse was the casting. Overall I liked the choices for the main heroes. The thing that sucked about the Snyderverse was the scripts. I would have liked to see these characters be given something better to work with than what culminated in the original Justice League edit. I did enjoy Snyder's 4 hour Justice League edit and the Steppenwolf character more in that that the idiotic bumbling version from the theatrical release. That could have been a better movie if it didn't try to do so much.
I agree, casting always seemed rather good to me.

Top Bottom