• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Flash’ Star Ezra Miller Seeking Treatment for ‘Complex Mental Health Issues’

Draugoth

Gold Member
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/ezra-miller-apologizes-the-flash-mental-health-issues-1235341888/

ezra-miller-carpet.jpg

“The Flash” star Ezra Miller says they are seeking treatment for “complex mental health issues.”

In a statement provided to Variety by a representative of the actor, Miller broke their silence about the troubling behavior that they have exhibited in recent years, which has led to a series of legal issues and assault and abuse allegations. Miller also apologized for their actions.

“Having recently gone through a time of intense crisis, I now understand that I am suffering complex mental health issues and have begun ongoing treatment,” Miller says. “I want to apologize to everyone that I have alarmed and upset with my past behavior. I am committed to doing the necessary work to get back to a healthy, safe and productive stage in my life.”
The embattled actor, who is non-binary and uses they and them pronouns, played the DC Comics character Barry Allen in 2017’s “Justice League” and its 2021 counterpart, “Zack Snyder’s Justice League.” But their role in the comic book franchise has been overshadowed by their off-screen behavior, which has alarmed friends and associates of the actor, as well as Warner Bros., the studio behind “The Flash.”

Last edited:

Aggelos

jason10mm

Gold Member
It is too controversial to suggest that calling himself "he" again might be the first step towards recovery as the gender ambiguity in this case is likely a symptom of a deeper problem rather than just happening to be totally unrelated?

If so, I won't.

LordCBH

It is too controversial to suggest that calling himself "he" again might be the first step towards recovery as the gender ambiguity in this case is likely a symptom of a deeper problem rather than just happening to be totally unrelated?

If so, I won't.

It shouldn’t be controversial. Mentally stable people aren’t asking to be called “they”.

jason10mm

Gold Member
It shouldn’t be controversial. Mentally stable people aren’t asking to be called “they”.
I wouldn't say that, but I bet there are definitely some discrete physical or psychological issues that might manifest in a thought pattern that leads to a "they/them" situation, and if treated would result in adhering to a him or her. Not to mention folks just saying it for deflection, which is also quite possible in this case 'cause this guy is a loon.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

If so, I won't.

While it’s absolutely true to state that many people have mental health problems due to not being able to live as the gender they want (dysphoria is a very real thing)… it’s equally true to suggest that some people with existing mental health issues are drawn into the ideology of transgenderism due to those problems - to a highly detrimental effect.

Top Bottom