• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros. Weighing Fate of ‘The Flash’ as Its Ezra Miller Problem Grows

HoodWinked

They need to hold this movie back so they can release it as part of a GOAT DVD boxset.

BaGPclj.jpg

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
They need to hold this movie back so they can release it as part of a GOAT DVD boxset.

BaGPclj.jpg

Superman Lives wasn't going to be terrible. If you can ignore the Jon Peters shit he made Kevin Smith add to the script, it's not a bad adaptation of the Death of Superman for a late 90s superhero movie.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I think WB has caught wind of some serious, and I mean serious, shit and are waiting to see if they can successfully bury it with settlements before releasing the film. The guy is a degenerate and has apparently groomed young fans and has a cult leader like effect going on, he’s probably been caught noncing.

thefool

What problem? There is no problem. Just release the movie and learn from your mistakes. Stop engaging and normalizing loonies.

Last edited:

plushyp

Basically, but worse.

Barry tries to travel back in time to stop his mom, but when he's in the speed force someone knocks him out of it.

He lands in the Keaton universe. Gotham is the safest city on the planet due to Batman.

Zod shows up with his invasion, but there's no Justice League. Batman won't help. The Barry of this universe has no powers.

Flash searches for Superman, can't find him. Barry remembers there's a crashed Kryptonian ship. They go there, but Kal-El isn't there, Supergirl is. Zod killed Cavill's Superman when he was still a baby and he never made it to Earth.

Eventually they convince Batman to help, and it's basically Barry, Batman, and Supergirl vs Zod's army. They keep dying and Barry keeps resetting it.

The person who knocked Barry out of the speedforce turns out to be evil Barry from the future who was trying to stop Barry from fucking up the timeline by preventing his mom from dying. They fight, "good" Barry wins. When he returns from the speedforce the timeline is changed. Superman never existed because Zod killed him when he was a baby, Keaton is now Batman.
That's pretty much what I've read as well, but a few extras (which may or may not be accurate ) include:

There's an action sequence at the top featuring Gadot and Affleck.

The Barry of the Keaton universe also thinks Affleck is Batman and not Keaton, so is it the Keaton universe, or some sort of mash up of the both caused by Barry?

'Our' Barry is meant to lose his powers to the other Barry, but then gets them back again somehow.

The whole plot hinges of a tin can of tomatoes(not joking).

In a post credits sequence, Affleck apparently somehow gets in touch with Barry to say he's stuck in an alternate dimension, even though Keaton is now the DCEU Batman.

Utterly stupid shit from start to finish.
It’s something to do with him
stopping his mother from buying a can of tomatoes, which means she doesn’t get home in time to get murdered. But that fucks the timeline up, so the whole plot at the climax involves him putting the can of tomatoes back, so she can buy it and die.

Makes ‘Martha’ sound like fucking Shakespeare.
henry-cavill-wtf.gif

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
When you normalize mental illnesses, the juvenile degenerates flock together and express it to the world.
Exactly.

Before social media, weirdos could all hang out together in their own special groups or be wacky pen pals. Stupidity is limited. When it's promoted to the world, you'll always get some normal people being confused and influenced to copy them (often young people).

That's how dumb asses multiply.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
About the same time we do something about religious organisations 😂
And here we are, with the deflection. But I agree, as well as schools, and other forms of child predation.

At least the churches got so much airtime and Dateline legacy media coverage, we all knew about it. Hollywood gets snippets and quickly swept under the rug.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
This situation isn't going to get any better. Miller is legitimately insane. Release the movie with some sort of bullshit statement about mental health and make what money you can.

Blade2.0

jesus christ, it isn't that difficult. release the film with a reshoot where when he goes back from the flashpoint timeline Keaton Batman says "Barry?" whoever they got to replace ezra takes off their mask and says "No, I'm Wally West." Boom, done, pay the other dude his last cut, and then continue on like nothing was different. It's FUCKING EASY. PLEASE PAY ME WARNER BROS IM SMARTER THAN YOU!

FunkMiller

Gold Member
And here we are, with the deflection. But I agree, as well as schools, and other forms of child predation.

At least the churches got so much airtime and Dateline legacy media coverage, we all knew about it. Hollywood gets snippets and quickly swept under the rug.

Oh, no deflection. Both are terrible 👍

If this is true, it will get killed.

If the majority of the board (and by extension the shareholders) in a major company with billions of dollars of debt want something gone, it’ll be gone.

Always separate the art from the artist. The bigger the artist, the bigger the ego, the bigger the scandal. Sometimes you have to accept shit people are also brilliant at particular things. Now I'm not saying Ezra Miller is brilliant, but I ain't about to let his personal life interfere with my entertainment. Grooming kids? Lock him up, sure. But release the god damn movie, it wasn't his alone: think of all the other cast and crew behind and in front of the screen whom this project also belongs to. All those people who poured in their creativity, time and energy. You can't let one person ruin everything for everyone, as with anything in life. That's the problem with our society today, it's too concerned about optics, about representation, about "being on the right side", about leveraging power of one group over another arbitrary group. I say, fuck all that, sometimes all you can do is compromise.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Always separate the art from the artist. The bigger the artist, the bigger the ego, the bigger the scandal. Sometimes you have to accept shit people are also brilliant at particular things. Now I'm not saying Ezra Miller is brilliant, but I ain't about to let his personal life interfere with my entertainment. Grooming kids? Lock him up, sure. But release the god damn movie, it wasn't his alone: think of all the other cast and crew behind and in front of the screen whom this project also belongs to. All those people who poured in their creativity, time and energy. You can't let one person ruin everything for everyone, as with anything in life. That's the problem with our society today, it's too concerned about optics, about representation, about "being on the right side", about leveraging power of one group over another arbitrary group. I say, fuck all that, sometimes all you can do is compromise.

That’s all nice and everything, but all the board and shareholders care about is profit. And a movie starring a whack job like that, with a fucking stupid plot like that, is one that I can see them feeling pretty unconfident about.

I’m frankly more concerned with shitty movies being put out than I am anything else, so if they shit can this turd for whatever reason, I’m good with that.

That’s all nice and everything, but all the board and shareholders care about is profit. And a movie starring a whack job like that, with a fucking stupid plot like that, is one that I can see them feeling pretty unconfident about.

I’m frankly more concerned with shitty movies being put out than I am anything else, so if they shit can this turd for whatever reason, I’m good with that.
Hey WB greenlit this movie, they knew what the plot was well before this point. It wasn't a reason then, why is it a reason now? Plenty of movies have stupid plots, it's all down to execution. And whack job Miller might be, none of us have seen it yet so we can't say if it's a turd or not. Only one out of hundreds of people who worked on this movie is a known whack job.

Gp1

They didn't quite catch he was a smooth brain when he started parading around in dresses?

Imagine this board meeting like 5 years ago.

CHAIRMAN "Gentlemen given the recent crisis and our past record, we can green lit and put our 300M budget in only one movie to keep our Cinematic Universe alive.
Options: Another movie with Mr nice guy Jason Momoa, or another one with Mr charisma Cavill, maybe we could give full of control of the next Batman trilogy to a veteran like Mr. rehab's J. Lo or call the 90's Tim Burton guy... We can even recast the crazy Flash and give some multiverse explanation bullshit for our fans...

PR/MARKETING "Nah, we would like to give a vote of confidence for the one with the guy that beats fans in a bar and crossdresses up in crazy clothes. It would target our demographics perfectly and the guy is basically a bad version of a real life Joker. We would have full control over him and it would be soooooooooo easy to promote with all the free press...

CHAIRMAN: "Right great idea! Then it's settled, lets green lit the new Flash movie"

Last edited:
Top Bottom