• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nominations for the 37th Golden Raspberry Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Watched Zoolander 2 on the plane when I had absolutely nothing to do, and I still found it a massive waste of time. The only funny part was the beginning with the learning center being made with toothpicks,the rest was just hot garbage.

That said, BvS deserves to sweep. At the very least, Snyder deserves the worst director award.

Gal Gadot as Diana not getting nominated for Worst Actress/Worst Supporting Actress is a serious omission. Her acting was much worse than Affleck or Jeremy Irons, who actually did a good job with the material they had to work with.

I agree with this.

I have a feeling that Wonder Woman will be represented in every category this year though, so there is time yet for Gadot to get her due.

zeemumu

They're obviously trying to send a message about BVS.

tumblr_o6au12DtmY1r48pgoo2_500.gif

I know this isn't supposed to be taken seriously or anything, but Ben Affleck and Cavill for worst actors? Sounds like they just nominated BVS for whatever just because of the controversy. It's not really a horrible movie, definitely too long and convoluted but I've seen so much worse last year. Like Warcraft and Suicide Squad.

Arkeband

Banned
Gods of Egypt was on HBO and it's pure and utter trash - horribly directed, awful CGI (in a CGI-centric movie), tone-deaf with how it whitewashes Egypt to the point where you have to wonder if it meant to offend and why anyone agreed to be in it, and poorly acted. I have legitimately no idea why it even exists. I can't say that for most of the other films in the list, including D'Souza's trainwreck, which at least exists to satisfy a certain rabid cult of people.

I'm already calling The Great Wall for the 38th Razzies, I physically cringe every time an ad runs for it.

Ridley327

I know this isn't supposed to be taken seriously or anything, but Ben Affleck and Cavill for worst actors? Sounds like they just nominated BVS for whatever just because of the controversy. It's not really a horrible movie, definitely too long and convoluted but I've seen so much worse last year. Like Warcraft and Suicide Squad.

You've just described most of the Razzie nominations over the years. They look for high profile failures rather than go after the actual worst films of the year.

Shailene Woodley should win the worst actress award every year regardless of what movies she acted in, absolutely the most talentless actress in Hollywood at the moment. Legit puzzled why she gets any roles, let alone some relatively big ones. She should be in C-movies at best, if any.

Watch The Descendants.

Suicide Squad and Jason Bourne were robbed.

Ben Affleck was like the second best superhero performance this year after Reynolds as Deadpool. Pretty wack nomination.

Razzies been waiting for ben to be in the shits again though but they pounced on the wrong movie imo.

prag16

Banned

Yeah. Definitely wouldn't call it "good". But it really wasn't horrible. Agree on the "long" and "convoluted" criticisms. But always confused when people point to it as a worst movie of the year candidate. I saw many worse movies in the past year (like Allegiant; it deserves whatever it gets). Affleck was fine.

I actually didn't think Suicide Squad was THAT bad either, but was definitely worse than BvS. Harley Quinn was great. Everything else was mediocre to bad.

I watched Zoolander 2 when it came out on video and can't even remember anything about the plot at this point. "Extremely not memorable" at least for me. Probably bad.

I get that BvS super duper sucked. But two things:

-No Suicide Squad? That was even worse.

-Affleck was kinda not terrible. He, at least, didn't fuck it up.

It's the razzies trying to get noticed by incorporating high profile films and names.

No one gives a shit if all the nominations are exactly what you expect, but the second you throw in titles that basically split the fanbase on acclaim, that gets you noticed.

The razzies is as much a Joke as are the movies it tries to acknowledge.

BvS was bad... but there are plenty of movies worse than BvS that didn't get nominated because no one would bat an eye at it, like "When the Bough Breaks" or "London has Fallen" or Fifty Shades of Black (yeah... marlon wayans still makes shitty spoof films)

Oh my bad, they did acknowledge Fifty Shades of Black...

Yup I would agree that Ben Affleck doesn't deserve to receive the nomination for worst actor. In an otherwise terrible film, he definitely was a great Batman. As for the other categories BvS was nominated for (plus Cavil also being nominated for worst actor), definitely well deserved. It was definitely a piece of shit film, that I still dread watching in the theater.

However, I too feel SS deserved to receive more nominations, on account of being an even bigger mess than BvS. Though not many had high hopes for that film in the first place, with some ending up enjoying it more than BvS.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Yoga Hosers was robbed. 0 nominations? Please.

Yep. Zoolander 2 was way better than Yoga Hosers.
And Furious 7 was robbed, too. Personally, I would have nominated it in almost every category. But no Ronda Rousey nom? A CRIME.

Parch

I can't disagree.

Bad Grandpa is terrible. If you want to see Robert DeNiro in a good, old man role, watch The Intern. Much, much better than Bad Grandpa.

Zoolander 2 has to be the worst movie this year. Complete mail-it-in performances and a a major disappointment sequel.

Agree with BvS. Affleck is a hack. I completely fail to understand the praise this guy gets. Eisenberg totally deserves the worst supporting actor nom, and Affleck should never have been considered for the Batman role. Worst Batman in the worst Batman movie ever made. BvS is by far the most major disappointment of the year.

Gods of Egypt and Independence Day Resurgence, not so bad. Definitely not good, but purely just razzie fill-ins compared to the other crap on the list.

The Boat

Still think BvS is ridiculously overhated to a degree I don't understand. And the actors in no way deserve those nominations.

Platy

Suicide Squad is WAY worst than Batman vs Superman ... but focusing on BvS gives more clicks to fuck the Razzies.

YOU USED TO BE STAND FOR SOMETHING ! >='(

Replicant

WORST PICTURE

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

WORST ACTOR

Ben Affleck / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Henry Cavill / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Jesse Eisenberg / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

WORST SCREEN COMBO

Ben Affleck & His BFF (Baddest Foe Forever) Henry Cavill / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Ow0kL_f-maxage-0.gif

Too clever for general viewers, too ahead of its time, would-be timeless classics one day, etc, etc.

Gal Gadot as Diana not getting nominated for Worst Actress/Worst Supporting Actress is a serious omission. Her acting was much worse than Affleck or Jeremy Irons, who actually did a good job with the material they had to work with.

There wasn't enough material to fully judge her performance. She was basically an extended cameo.
Razzies usually only include movies people have actually heard of.
If Hillary's America can get nominated so can Yoga Hosers. This was the movie that broke diehard Smith fans.

Alpha_eX

Why are the lead actors of bad movies nominated for bad actor awards? Sure, the movie was bad but there were some truly terrible performances last year and few are nominated.

BvS should sweep every category it got nominated for (though I'd argue Batfleck doesn't deserve the Worst Actor nomination. That and he already has a 2003 Worst Actor Razzie win for his triple threat knockout of Gigli/Daredevil/Paycheck as it is, cut him some slack).

Also amazed Suicide Squad got off hella easy. Considering that I've heard it's even worse than the former movie, it should have just as many nominations if not more.

I feel bad for Ben. He even got a Razzie Redeemer award for Argo and Gone Girl.
Honestly, the only questionable performance in the film was Eisenberg, who in my opinion was miscast and should've ended up playing the Joker XD
Cavill I'm not really sure why he was nominated, I mean he was barely in the film so I can't really tell if even did a bad job or a good job, seems more like his performance of Man of Steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom