• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nominations for the 37th Golden Raspberry Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ninja Turtles was actually pretty fun and a huge improvement over the first Nickelodeon movie. It doesn't belong on that list at all.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
BvS was a piece of shit and deserves every Razzie it's nominated for.

Affleck and Cavill however should not have been nominated, since they actually did fairly well with what they were given, Affleck better than Cavill, but still, most of what was wrong with their characters falls on the script, not the actors.

Suicide Squad got robbed, though.

winjet81

Zoolander 2 well deserved.

One of the worst mail-in efforts of the year; it tried to recapture the magic of the first movie by literally repeating all the original movie's jokes.

As popular it'd be to give awards to BvS, I don't see how you give worst director anyone but Alex Proyas after his meltdown about critics.

And I take it Zac Efron is the best part of Dirty Grandpa if he's the only part left off.

Dommo

Putting BvS on this list is honestly bullshit. And Affleck was a fantastic Bruce Wayne.

It was not a great movie but come the fuck on.

Production values, competent aesthetics, the hiring of decent/A-tier actors and the facade of a proper structure does not save a film from its real merits. BvS is superficially competent and rotten to the core, like shockingly-made cinema. Without any one of the above it would be an absolute laughing stock (if it's not already). It lacks any competent dramatic pull; the script is barely functional. It trudges from one scene to the next just because.

I have to stress I'm not trying to thrust hyperbole on top of this film. We're not talking about your mediocre, throwaway blockbuster here (Like, I dunno, Sherlock Holmes or potentially The Hunger Games or something). BvS is a special case where there's such a lack of care put into the practice of narrative storytelling (you know, the thing we're all here to consume) that it absolutely deserves its place on this list.

EDIT: Although, I've gotta say, Now You See Me 2 was robbed of not making the list. That's another complete and utter misfire from the suits in Hollywood. Eisenberg knows how to pick them, it would seem.

I hope that the Democrat thing sweeps the awards as best it can. I'm sick of the "Democrats made the KKK" narrative that also ignores the "Democrats were conservative in the 1800's" narrative.

Raptor

Snyder thought that making it dark would be enough, but you have to make a good film first t make it work lol.

Such a piece of shit movie.

fhqwhgads

I can see the reason BvS got a lot more attention than SS. No one had any expectations for SS whilst BvS had a lot of hype riding on it. Still, Leto needs to win in his catagory at least.

Harmen

Wait, what the fuck, Affleck a nomination as worst actor in BvS? He is like the only thing about that film that gets consistent praise.

Also, while BvS is the second worst film I have seen in 2016, I am fairly certain some other films, that I will never ever watch, are worse.

Suicide Squad was robbed. That film doesn't even have the competent elements of BvS.

Henry Cavill is a busted lottery pick that's 28 now but people keep talking about his potential and how it's just been bad coaching.

edit: Warcraft not relevant enough to be nominated.

hidys

I hope that the Democrat thing sweeps the awards as best it can. I'm sick of the "Democrats made the KKK" narrative that also ignores the "Democrats were conservative in the 1800's" narrative.

To be honest I doubt it will happen most people, myself included have not seen the film and given its subject matter have no interest in seeing it.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Gal Gadot as Diana not getting nominated for Worst Actress/Worst Supporting Actress is a serious omission. Her acting was much worse than Affleck or Jeremy Irons, who actually did a good job with the material they had to work with.

darklin0

Banned
BvS was a piece of shit and deserves every Razzie it's nominated for.

Affleck and Cavill however should not have been nominated, since they actually did fairly well with what they were given, Affleck better than Cavill, but still, most of what was wrong with their characters falls on the script, not the actors.

Suicide Squad got robbed, though.

I agree with this whole hardheartedly. They both don't deserve those noms.

oh come on..

whatever you may think of bat vs supes, affleck was great in it.

Razzies aren't a serious thing. Not even the nominees take it seriously. He's on there because he's a famous actor in a critically panned movie. Although it's interesting it's solely for BvS. Originally it included The Accountant, which he's also fine in.

Bishop89

Razzies aren't a serious thing. Not even the nominees take it seriously. He's on there because he's a famous actor in a critically panned movie. Although it's interesting it's solely for BvS. Originally it included The Accountant, which he's also fine in.

I know, but still.

Harmen

Oh god do I hope Jared Leto wins.

This would be deserving imo. That a terrible comedy with the production values of a cardboard box has terrible acting is part of nobody giving a shit, but Leto in SS is godawful knowing his talents and the film being a major blockbuster production.

Osahi

The Entire Cast of Once Respected Actors / Collateral Beauty

That made me genuinly laugh.

Batfleck doesn't deserve the nomination though, he was easily the only moderatly good thing in BvS.

Affleck probably shouldn't be nominated but I really hated the first 90 minutes of BvS and you couldn't pay me to watch it again so the rest of the nominations seem fair to me.

How is Cara not there for SS?

they only really nominate a-listers and jokes like those Hillary actors. the razzies are all about making fun of well known actors in shit movies, nobody gives a crap about Cara.

I think it's a lot lot Jesse Eisenberg. It wasn't bad acting as much as it was shitty direction for the character.

nah. Eisenberg is a good actor, Delevine is one of the worst in big movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom