• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman v Superman TOPS Razzies Shortlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidys

Probably because we can't remember her name either.

Perhaps you need to be at least an actor or actress to be nominated?

The obvious solution is to just give an award to Wavy Tube Lady.

giphy.gif

Ridley327

The only time the Razzies manage to find some kind of relevance are in the small chances that they do get a celebrity to show up to accept an award, like what happened with Sandra Bullock. Otherwise, they have all the staying power and notoriety of a 4chan awards ceremony, except with possibly less racist interjections. Winning a Razzie means less than winning a Grammy.

Sanjuro

The only time the Razzies manage to find some kind of relevance are in the small chances that they do get a celebrity to show up to accept an award, like what happened with Sandra Bullock. Otherwise, they have all the staying power and notoriety of a 4chan awards ceremony, except with possibly less racist interjections. Winning a Razzie means less than winning a Grammy.

...I don't see the comparison?

I mean, they are largely irrelevant, but notable. It's always been that way.

Anung

Un Rama
There's plenty of reasons for BVS to get numerous razzies but Batfleck and Irons were the only redeeming things in that shitty movie.

I dare say I liked BvS more than Suicide Squad. That is to say, I absolutely loathed Suicide Squad. BvS had some good scenes amidst the nonsense, and Batfleck was great.

PixelatedBookake

Suicide Squad should have topped the list over BvS. It deserves more of the awards. THE MAN WHO CAN CLIMB ANYTHING was a worst supporting actor(if you can even call him that) than Jeremy Irons.

Kacho

BvS was incredibly flawed but far from the worst anything this year. Especially when Xmen Apocalypse and Ghostbusters exist.

RangerX

Banned
It was in Kermode's top 10 worst films of the year aswell. It was a truly awful film. The action isn't that great as acclaimed as Snyder is in that department, the Martha moment was laugh out loud bad and Eisenberg was awful as Lex. The ultimate cut marginally improves but its still quite bad.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Fuck off razzies. Let's say we ignore Suicide Squad having no redeeming qualities whatsoever, how did Ben Affleck deserve a nomination? He was straight up one of the few good qualities of the film. He nailed his role.

It's like the TFA backlash dude, the internet has spoken.

Ridley327

...I don't see the comparison?

I mean, they are largely irrelevant, but notable. It's always been that way.

It's more a response to people being angry that BvS would be so heavily nominated, like it means anything to the film that it gets even one Razzie nomination.

liquidtmd

Banned
It's more a response to people being angry that BvS would be so heavily nominated, like it means anything to the film that it gets even one Razzie nomination.

I'd say it's a more 'sure BvS is shit, but for a panel dedicated to celebrating the worst of the worst, it's just pure lazy and almost trolling to cluster bomb it with nominations purely because it's high profile when there are (god help us) worse films released this year'

Irons and Affleck did ok with the shit all around them.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Cant say i am shock. I enjoyed both X-Men and Ghostbusters more than BvS.

Ridley327

I'd say it's a more 'sure BvS is shit, but for a panel dedicated to celebrating the worst of the worst, it's just pure lazy and almost trolling to cluster bomb it with nominations purely because it's high profile when there are (god help us) worse films released this year'

Irons and Affleck did ok with the shit all around them.

This is how the Razzies operate, though. By all accounts, Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan did the best that they could with the material that was given to them in Fifty Shades of Grey, but they were still nominated and even won last year.

Will Smith completely lost it. Shitbomb after shitbomb. Focus, Suicide Squad, Collateral beauty. At this rate he'll be voicing animated dogs in a shitty dreamworks knockoff studio.

HotHamBoy

The BvS defense force is serious business.

This movie was hot garbage, at least suicide squad was light hearted and goofy.

Something that thinks it's funny and fun, but isn't, is honestly worse than something that takes itself too seriously. At least I can actually laugh at the latter.

Dierce

The BvS defense force is serious business.
I don't get it. More people on the internet hate the movie than like it. Do you think it is fair to say that an arguably average movie is the worst just because some online popularity contest deemed it a disgrace to cinema?

hidys

This movie was hot garbage, at least suicide squad was light hearted and goofy.

I can at least appreciate that BvS was trying to do something different. It was a spectacular failure and will be remembered as such no matter what the films defense force will try to insinuate but it was trying and maybe in more talented hands could have succeeded in what it was trying to do.

But Suicide Squad feels like a very cynical attempt to try and be cool that just feels off putting. It's clearly a very forced attempt to try and be an edgier Guardians of the Galaxy that isn't trying to say anything or even have good characters.\

Razzies full of marvelites confirmed.

In their defense reality has a well known Marvel bias.

Won

You're looking through a Razzies list to judge the quality of a movie year?
By that logic every year is awful for movies.

Only award I know that isn't bought!

I just tend to forget that both BvS and SS happened in the same year. Dear god.

Will Smith completely lost it. Shitbomb after shitbomb. Focus, Suicide Squad, Collateral beauty. At this rate he'll be voicing animated dogs in a shitty dreamworks knockoff studio.

He's trying too hard to star in movies that he'll think will get him an Oscar. He was one of the main draws for Suicide Squad cuz people want to see chill and funny leading man Will.

Hagi

I really like the UC of BVS but that said I don't care if it's nominated for something stupid like this. I hope one of them turns up for a laugh.

HotHamBoy

I don't get it. More people on the internet hate the movie than like it. Do you think it is fair to say that an arguably average movie is the worst just because some online popularity contest deemed it a disgrace to cinema?

I don't understand what you are saying. That there were worse movies?

I'm saying who cares, it's the Razzies.

Batman and Robin sweeped the Razzies back in its day. Seems fitting.

RangerX

Banned
People keep saying Affleck was amazing in the film. Which part exactly? He was decent as Bruce Wayne, nothing spectacular, and he looked good in the Batsuit. I can't think of any stand out acting scenes. The action parts were either stuntwork or cgi. He didn't deserve a nom at all but I'm really failing to see how he was so amazing acting wise.

HotHamBoy

People keep saying Affleck was amazing in the film. Which part exactly? He was decent as Bruce Wayne, nothing spectacular, and he looked good in the Batsuit. I can't think of any stand out acting scenes. The action parts were either stuntwork or cgi. He didn't deserve a nom at all but I'm really failing to see how he was so amazing acting wise.

They are just clinging on to something redeemable. Christian Bale wasn't a great Batman so anything better is suddenly amazing. I think the fact that everyone had such a visceral negative reaction to his casting also elevated the perception of his performance.

Kusagari

I fucking hate the movie but get out of here with nominating Affleck and Irons.

And of course they're nominated but not Adams, Gadot or Hunter because they wouldn't be as headline grabbing.

People talking shit and being mad at the Razzies....wow.

It's the fucking Razzies, you're not supposed to take it seriously.
Go try to shut down Rotten Tomatoes or something. You're wasting your energy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom