• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman v Superman TOPS Razzies Shortlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
batman-v-superman.jpg

The ballot has been sent to voting members, who will narrow the list from 10 to 14 entries in each category to the final five nominees, which will be announced Jan. 23, the day before the Academy Awards. It remains to be seen whether ”Batman v Superman" will actually appear on the final ballot, but given the film's poor showing among critics, it probably has a good shot.

The film made the shortlist in every category except Worst Actress and Worst Supporting Actress. It's in the running for Worst Picture and Worst Prequel, Remake, Ripoff or Sequel, Worst Screenplay, Worst Director (Zack Snyder), Worst Actor (both Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck, who starred in the title roles), Worst (both Jesse Eisenberg, who played Lex Luthor, and Jeremy Irons, who played Alfred Pennyworth). Irons is nominated a second time for his supporting role in ”Assassin's Creed."

http://www.cbr.com/batman-v-superma...Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=lista

giphy.gif

Worst Actor (both Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck, who starred in the title roles), Worst Supporting Actor (both Jesse Eisenberg, who played Lex Luthor, and Jeremy Irons, who played Alfred Pennyworth).

You can really tell that none of these "voting members" even saw the movie if they think that.

Ahasverus

Fuck them. Suicide Squad deserved it, not BvS which tried to do something new. And the UC mostly succeded. SS is real trash.

Jeremy Irons? Haha.

LewieP

Yeah despite being surrounded by a whirlwind of terrible movie, Affleck and Irons were fine.

I'd love to see them in a good standalone Batman movie. Maybe it'll happen.

In a year that brought you a new Adam Sandler movie, a new Kevin James film, the Ghost Busters reboot, and Suicide Squad.

I don't think the judges actually looked at any other films.

In a year that brought you a new Adam Sandler movie, a new Kevin James film, the Ghost Busters reboot, and Suicide Squad.

They were traumatized too early in the year by BvS that it overshadowed everything after.

Dierce

This sounds more like a hitlist from people basing their opinions on the social media echo-chamber (based on people who haven't seen the movie in the first place but still hate it).

The movie might not have been great but it certainly does not deserve to be labeled among the worst of last year. I guess they just think it is 'hip' to hate on the DCEU and BvS specifically for those sweet street creds.

Yeah, the Ben Affleck and Jeremy Irons bashing is stupid. We get it, the film is disliked and will be a popular choice to shit on. But that doesn't make 2 redeeming qualities of the film shit just because they're in a "bad film" (of course, I liked this film far more than either man of steel or suicide squad. Actually perfect analogy. I HATED suicide squad, but have no problem with Harley Quinn or Deadshot, and wouldn't want those actors nominated for Razzies just to disparage the film)

liquidtmd

Banned
Ahh the Razzies - looks what the internet hated during the year and says 'US TOO, WE ARE RELEVANT'

BVS is very flawed but there are technically much worse films but slagging them off wouldn't get as many clicks

hidys

Razzies can fuck off. They've never been important. Also, nominating Affleck and Irons? _|_

I hated this film roughly equally with Suicide Squad but this I cannot abide by. They were both fantastic in this film. In the hands of a better director and script Affleck would be the best Batman of all time. Irons is already the best Alfred so this just feels petty.

Though I would be totally fine with this film winning worst picture.

Marvel has gone so far as to even bribe the Razzie committee to disparage DC films and make their own look good. Will their evil know no bounds?

DAMN YOU KEVIN FEIGE!!!

Alienous

Affleck done a good job in the movie, and Irons was great in Batman v Superman. Heck, Irons did all he could with Assassin's Creed, too.

Sanjuro

Yeah, the Ben Affleck and Jeremy Irons bashing is stupid. We get it, the film is disliked and will be a popular choice to shit on. But that doesn't make 2 redeeming qualities of the film shit just because they're in a "bad film" (of course, I liked this film far more than either man of steel or suicide squad. Actually perfect analogy. I HATED suicide squad, but have no problem with Harley Quinn or Deadshot, and wouldn't want those actors nominated for Razzies just to disparage the film)

It does for the Razzies. For those unfamiliar with them, they just target particular films and nothing gets in the way of reasoning.

He even won the Razzie Redeemer last year too. Shame he has fallen so far since.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
That's bullshit.

Suicide Squad was way worse.

Also Ben Affleck's acting was arguably the one universally recognized good thing about that whole damn movie, he doesn't deserve Worst Actor consideration at all.

Eh.
Jeremy Irons and Ben Affleck, really?
I didn't like BvS and I'm ok with the Razzies as a concept but they always go for the easy targets that are sure to get them plenty of attention. There were many worse films last year. Hell, Suicide Squad deserved way more nominations than BvS. Also, they nominated Danny DeVito for his performance as The Penguin so fuck them.

One of those things is not like the others. You personally disliking ghostbusters doesn't change that it was received well critically.

Why is there butthurt in this thread with razzies can fuck off crap? BvS deserves to be the runaway winner here. Good that Affleck was nominated. He looked like a guy playing batman dress up at comic con. The entire movie was a horrid shitfuck.

Why is there butthurt in this thread with razzies can fuck off crap? BvS deserves to be the runaway winner here. Good that Affleck was nominated. He looked like a guy playing batman dress up at comic con. The entire movie was a horrid shitfuck.
Suicide squad is genuinely worse though, that easily deserves the win.

hidys

OP should probably also mention that Suicide Squad was also nominated for a ton of awards.

Will Smith and Margot Robbie are both nominated. But strangely the actress who played Enchantress isn't which is bizarre.

Fuck this, Affleck was AWESOME. Cavill too.

This is getting pretty silly.

Cavill absolutely deserves it. He is horrible.

Alienous

OP should probably also mention that Suicide Squad was also nominated for a ton of awards.

Will Smith and Margot Robbie are both nominated. But strangely the actress who played Enchantress isn't which is bizarre.

Perhaps you need to be at least an actor or actress to be nominated?

someone somewhere attacked their fave comic book movie and THAT CANNOT STAND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom