• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Sandler Sets Record With 11 Razzie Nominations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenovox1

Adam Sandler is so awful. The worst part is that he won't just go away. Both Rob Schneider and David Spade have disappeared for the most part, why won't Sandler?

Rob and David are leads in CBS sitcoms. Actually, that'd probably be an avenue Adam could explore as he matures. . .

It's weird, when he acts seriously he's actually a good actor (see Reign Over Me and Punch Drunk Love). It's a damn shame his standard shtick is 'mentally impaired guy'.

He stopped doing those movies like what? 10 years ago? And those were his best movies. Waterboy was on FX a few nights ago, and that movie is AWESOME.

-Billy Madison
-Happy Gilmore
-Wedding Singer
-Waterboy
-And to a lesser extent, that movie where he played the devil's son

jakncoke

Banned
Serves him right for doing shit projects, end of the day he won't give a shit because these shit projects make him bank left and right

sohois

He stopped doing those movies like what? 10 years ago? And those were his best movies. Waterboy was on FX a few nights ago, and that movie is AWESOME.

-Billy Madison
-Happy Gilmore
-Wedding Singer
-Waterboy
-And to a lesser extent, that movie where he played the devil's son

Sandler was pretty good in Funny people which was only 2(?) years ago. Plus he has had good roles in the likes of Punch Drunk Love, Reign over Me & Click.

When he actually tries he can be a good actor, but as the RLM review implies he is really just all about the money most of the time.

Sandler is on a blistering pace of making god-awful movies. While his comedies have always appealed more towards the younger demographic, there's some decent adult humor and still funny non-sequiturs in his first movies making them enjoyable to me today. But, after seeing just the previews of his recent comedies (I'll never actually sit through and watch them), it becomes apparent the guy either had a lot of help writing "Billy Madison"/"Happy Gilmore", is just not trying and collecting easy paychecks, or was/is never a genuinely funny person.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Or he's some sort of secret genius that knows how to make a few quick million and doesn't really give a shit about what professional (or Internet) critics think of him.

I'll probably never bother seeing the turd that is Jack & Jill, but I'm still glad it existed so we could have that amazing Half in the Bag review.

Or he's some sort of secret genius that knows how to make a few quick million and doesn't really give a shit about what professional (or Internet) critics think of him.

I'll probably never bother seeing the turd that is Jack & Jill, but I'm still glad it existed so we could have that amazing Half in the Bag review.

Genius? Not really. It's just that everyone else stopped short of doing what he did because their artistic dignity wasn't entirely destroyed.

Joni

Don't forget about Chris Farley and Mike Myers.
Mike Meyers is still doing terrific movies. The Shrek movies for instance and he was in Inglourious Basterds. His only major flaws are The Love Guru and Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat the last ten years while he also did Shrek and Austin Powers in this period.

Yeah, his 'retard' roles are great. Now he is doing jackasses. But that entire clique ('The Frat Pack') around him should stop acting. Especially Sander and Ben Stiller.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Assuming that even half of the RLM assumptions about the business behind this movie are true, I'm willing to assume that he doesn't care at all.

This is retarded as hell. He's been casting his friends for a long time. The people that gave him the money know he likes casting them and know how much money movies cost to make.

Edit: By the way, I never seen Jack and Jill and would probably hate it.

Personally, I always wondered why he wears a suit that's too big for him in every movie, fucking cuffs always come past his hands.

Mike Meyers is still doing terrific movies. The Shrek movies for instance and he was in Inglourious Basterds. His only major flaws are The Love Guru and Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat the last ten years while he also did Shrek and Austin Powers in this period.

He really needs to make a new Austin Powers, Gold Member was ten years ago, too long.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
The only thing he has done in Shrek is offer his voice tho. I thought he created them at one point.

Anth0ny

His appearance in Inglourious Basterds was awesome. I loved the Austin Powers movies (well, 1 and 2 at least), and the first Shrek. I think it's about time to fall in line with Hollywood and release an Austin Powers 4, 10 years after the last movie was released.

As for Adam Sandler, his old movies were fun. Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Waterboy... classics. That was before he was a multi millionaire. Now, he just doesn't give a single shit.

Grinchy

Banned
I liked the first 2 Powers movies too, but I feel like if he made one now it would be terrible. He needs to do more roles like the one in Basterds.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Adam Sandler sucks.

Jamie OD

The links to all the companies involved blew my mind...
And I agree with them.
Adam is worse than any of the banks on Wall Street.

I wasn't surprised at how some of the companies that are linked together work together when it comes to promoting the movie and running their businesses in general. That is to be expected. I was surprised at just how deep that wormhole goes. I never knew about how Coca-Cola was involved in television, for example. We're through the looking glass here, people.

Methinks the move to delay the Razzies to April 1 was really stupid.

They always got really good press because they coincided with the Oscars.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
He should stop doing comedies. His dramatic roles have been good.

Sandra Bullock was cool about it when she won the Razzies.

ChiTownBuffalo

He should stop doing comedies? The comedies that always make money? Yeah, he should totally stop doing comedies.

That last film made money?

Oh, then carry on.

chocolate_bird.jpg

No movie with this in it should win a Razzie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom