• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 287: Pereira vs. Adesanya 2 - Miami, Florida - April 8

Who wins: Pereira or Adesanya? Burns or Masvidal? Font or Yanez?

• Pereira, Burns, Font.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Pereira, Masvidal, Font.

• Pereira, Burns, Yanez.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Pereira, Masvidal, Yanez.

• Adesanya, Burns, Font.

• Adesanya, Masvidal, Font.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adesanya, Burns, Yanez.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Adesanya, Masvidal, Yanez.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Fartist

Gold Member
I'm not an Izzy fan.

Who is?
I wouldn't say I'm a fan, but I like watching him fight, I was rooting for Pereira, actually, but good on Izzy for getting the finish, well deserved. It's just a little ridiculous to claim he's the weakest puncher in the division while being the middle-weight champion of the world and was for quite some time before his last fight.

Bragr

Banned
I wouldn't say I'm a fan, but I like watching him fight, I was rooting for Pereira, actually, but good on Izzy for getting the finish, well deserved. It's just a little ridiculous to claim he's the weakest puncher in the division while being the middle-weight champion of the world and was for quite some time before his last fight.
Being a champion doesn't make you heavy-handed. He's not Shane Carwin, he's a pillow-fisted cornball. He's a fantastic fighter with the personality of cod fish.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Being a champion doesn't make you heavy-handed. He's not Shane Carwin, he's a pillow-fisted cornball. He's a fantastic fighter with the personality of cod fish.

gonna cry tobey maguire GIF

I like Izzy. He's unapologetically himself, and he knows how to push it a little to get people to lean one way or another. In the end, it doesn't really matter if anyone likes him or not. It only matters if you have a feeling about him. The ticket and attention cost the same no matter why someone tunes in, and he's getting his cut lol

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Masvidal wasn’t the same, multiple losses in a role he was worried about himself, too old and he brought up retirement. I think a comeback will be in play.

The Fartist

Gold Member
Hard truth, he was never great to begin with. He got a lucky knee on Askren, got shitty tattoo and acted like he was the best ever.
Sure, not great but far from a bad fighter, he derailed Darren Till, he beat the shit out of Nate, he was beat by two top of the food chain welterweights, Usman and Colby, he didn't look good against Burns, though.

Joramun

Man, those were great fights on Saturday!

Izzy pointing to Alex's kid and then pretending to drop dead is savage.

He waited all that time to get him back lol

Hard truth, he was never great to begin with. He got a lucky knee on Askren, got shitty tattoo and acted like he was the best ever.
Eh, to be completely fair, that was completely calculated. Now, was it against a dusty man with bad hips and maximum milage that got utterly saved against Lawler? Yep.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Weird KO. I think even izzy was surprised. Didn't look like an illegal hit but I think it was on side near the back and hit him in the perfect spot that shut his brain off. I think this is where weight cuts affects fighters the most. Also I like how Izzy is like 1-4 vs Alex and doesn't think he deserves rematch lol

mxbison

Also I like how Izzy is like 1-4 vs Alex and doesn't think he deserves rematch lol

Immediate rematches are the worst part of the UFC right now.

He got KO'd (and was fast tracked to the title shot in the first place), no reason for an immediate rematch.

(Yes that means Izzy also shouldn't have got an immediate rematch after losing)

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
IMO Izzy was acting like a clown after winning once against a guy who beat him three effin times.
“No rematch / the score is settled” lol.

Top Bottom