• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 248: Adesanya vs. Romero

Winners of main & co-main?

• Adesanya & Zhang

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Adesanya & Joanna

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Romero & Zhang

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Romero & Joanna

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GymWolf

lol bitchsanya, what a clown...he was the chosen one to ko romero...

16-Hilarious-Insane-Laugh-Gif.gif

Clarissa

Banned
Jesus Christ. Is Yoel Romero like the lowest IQ fighter in mma history? (Even lower than Rousimar Palhares)

When his stupid tactic didn't work for the first 2 rounds, he had to engage but he's still doing that stupid dancing thing.... :messenger_confounded: :messenger_confounded:

And what was he bitching about at the post fight interview....

Weili vs Joanna J was amazing!

Really looking forward to Izzy vs Paulo Costa next!

Last edited:

GymWolf

Jesus Christ. Is Yoel Romero like the lowest IQ fighter in mma history? (Even lower than Rousimar Palhares)

When his stupid tactic didn't work for the first 2 rounds, he had to engage but he's still doing that stupid dancing thing.... :messenger_confounded: :messenger_confounded:

And what was he bitching about at the post fight interview....

Weili vs Joanna J was amazing!

Really looking forward to Izzy vs Paulo Costa next!
he has zero stamina, the style he use is the only one available for him for a 25 min fight.

mekes

Yeah it has to be cardio. I was laughing when Rogan and DC were querying why Romero doesn’t use his wrestling so much anymore. It’s what maintaining the body of a human stag beetle costs I guess. I remember seeing Romero gas in round 1 5 years ago after wrestling lol.

He certainly does well for himself all things considered tho.

RealGassy

Banned
Yoel is the physically scariest dude I’ve ever seen but has the worst fight IQ ever
He's 42.
He got paid (I assume pretty well). He took little damage (better legs than braindamage).
He did lose on points, but he made Adesanya run and look weak and scared (depending on who you ask)

Seems pretty smart and reasonable to me.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Weili and Joanna were outstanding. Fight had everything, MMA at its very best. The Women's game has come a long way amazingly fast considering how much smaller that side of the sport is compared to the men's.

As for the main event, it exemplified pretty much the very worst. Izzy may have secured a points win by taking the safe approach versus the ever predictable Romero, but it was in no way a glorious or exciting victory. There was no hunger, no passion, no real effort to take risks and get a finish... it was dull.

Adesanya may share the same management as Conor Mcgregor, but this showed him to be remarkably tone-deaf in building his rep. Romero is dangerous for sure, but Costa and Whittaker (twice) didn't need to resort to point-fighting against him!

Risk-aversion is not a trait sporting heroes are celebrated for!

manfestival

He's 42.
He got paid (I assume pretty well). He took little damage (better legs than braindamage).
He did lose on points, but he made Adesanya run and look weak and scared (depending on who you ask)

Seems pretty smart and reasonable to me.
Fun Fact: Romero really doesn't need that money since he is stinking rich now.

GymWolf

Before the fight: i'm the one who is gonna knock him down
After the fight: hey looks how damaged was his leg (while romero salsa dancing out from the post fight press stuff)

God i would give one of my finger to see costa literally massacre this clown, not even joking...

Last edited:

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Boring fight but I have to give props to Romero with those counter punches, those were legit good to watch.

Top Bottom