• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 248: Adesanya vs. Romero

Winners of main & co-main?

• Adesanya & Zhang

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Adesanya & Joanna

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Romero & Zhang

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Romero & Joanna

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5JGWh3R.jpg

xzMw2ey.jpg

Source, other cards and starting times in your area

Excited for this one, I think Adesanya has this but Yoel is a freak so you never know. Weili looks great, a fight with Rose would have been tougher, but Joanna seems clear minded now so hopefully a competitive fight. Voting for both champs to see this through.

Edit: weren't available till now (come on ufc)

Last edited:
Great thread as usual UQ

gonna do a deep dive later

I have had a gut feeling for awhile that Izzy is gonna win in spectacular fashion. That might sound crazy because outside of a KO loss pre-UFC, no one wins big against Yoel, who is a freak of all freaks, but I dunno man. Just a “tingle” about it

cant wait for this fight, one of them best fights of the year easily (of all announced, anyway)

GymWolf

I have zhang and cringebender winning.

Romero has zero gas tanks and he is gonna fight passive like against costa, easy target for a technical fighter with long reach, i can only hope that romero can do the miracle and bash in the face of that cringey cunt.

Zhang is gonna walk over every punch joanna is gonna throw, if she can walk down andrade, skinny joanna is not really a problem.

Last edited:
Joanna is one of my favorite fighters ever, always been a big fan of her even when people kinda turned on her after the Rose losses (which I undertand, she said some awkward, not very self-aware, things), and after the coaching season of TUF against Claudia where she rubbed people the wrong way.

she’s legit one of my all time favs tho. When she was coming up she used to do this thing at weigh in’s where she got under her opponent and was looking up at them kinda snarling like a lion in the wild, which seemed kinda badass to me. Then I saw her fight and was like holy shit

Young Joanna and Champ Joanna was a beast. That being said. She’s basically the same fighter she’s been for the last 3 years. She stopped evolving at a certain point while the rest of the division keeps getting better.

I think Zhang is too strong for Joanna currently. I think Zhang wins.

If Zhang beats Joanna then I think she needs to fight Rose. If she beats Rose then you do the super fight with Bullet Valentina, which would be one of the best, biggest WMMA fights ever

GymWolf

Joanna is one of my favorite fighters ever, always been a big fan of her even when people kinda turned on her after the Rose losses (which I undertand, she said some awkward, not very self-aware, things), and after the coaching season of TUF against Claudia where she rubbed people the wrong way.

she’s legit one of my all time favs tho. When she was coming up she used to do this thing at weigh in’s where she got under her opponent and was looking up at them kinda snarling like a lion in the wild, which seemed kinda badass to me. Then I saw her fight and was like holy shit

Young Joanna and Champ Joanna was a beast. That being said. She’s basically the same fighter she’s been for the last 3 years. She stopped evolving at a certain point while the rest of the division keeps getting better.

I think Zhang is too strong for Joanna currently. I think Zhang wins.

If Zhang beats Joanna then I think she needs to fight Rose. If she beats Rose then you do the super fight with Bullet Valentina, which would be one of the best, biggest WMMA fights ever
Just admit that you become a fan after the boob job she had...

Rose was originally offered the Zhang fight

“Yeah, and I think everybody else felt the same way, too,” Namajunas said on the UFC Unfilteredpodcast when asked if she thought she could have been Zhang’s first challenger. “I was even offered Weili at the time, but I just—at the time I was still dealing with a lot of my own—just getting my head right, and I hired a mental coach that’s helping me do a lot of different things. There was a lot of work that needed to be done and I wasn’t ready for that just yet.

Rose was originally offered the Zhang fight

“Yeah, and I think everybody else felt the same way, too,” Namajunas said on the UFC Unfilteredpodcast when asked if she thought she could have been Zhang’s first challenger. “I was even offered Weili at the time, but I just—at the time I was still dealing with a lot of my own—just getting my head right, and I hired a mental coach that’s helping me do a lot of different things. There was a lot of work that needed to be done and I wasn’t ready for that just yet.

Yeah the Andrade defeat had her close to stopping and the shit that happened at the bus with McGregor was messing with her. Happy she's staying put. She'd present a good striking match for Weili, I think Weili has better grappling and overall power, but Rose's striking is precise, so that fight I'd like to see.

I think adesanya has much higher fight IQ and wins this fight, but man why put everything on the line vs an individual this dangerous that has lost 3 of his last 4 fights.. Anything can happen in the fight game

I respect this move from Adesanya. I thought Yoel won the second Whittaker fight & beat hey what's that over there Costa fight. We really don't deserve a man like Costa. (the bit at the end of the mmaworld vid is gold)

Hope the staph infection stuff is just a scrape as he said. We need more than 2 rounds.

GymWolf

romero said "i will enjoy myself" or something pretty close, my horse meaty sugary watered cuban language is a little rusty.

khabib won the press-conference, tony managed to make him mad in a couple of occasion and the dagestany was more piss off than with conor during the street fight part.

tony as usual more cringier than a 3-headed cejudo 😆

i dont know why but this conference shifted my idea of how this fight is gonna go, i have a clear image of khabib absolutely dominating tony, again don't ask why...

the staredown between cuntsanya and cuba libre was intense af, yoel bringing the intensity to the max after cringebender broke the cuban cigar in front of him, i expect fireworks tomorrow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom