• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 243: Whittaker vs. Adesanya

Winner & Middleweight champ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
7O3oLbV.jpg

dFXVEFj.jpg

Source + other cards and starting times in your area.

Holly Holm out, so main card looks a little short. After main & co-main I'm not really sure about rest. Main a banger, hope rest of the night goes smoothly.

Last edited:
I got Luke, Tai, Dan, and Bobby Knuckles. Bet your life savings on it. If I'm wrong I will refund you personally.
Refund offer has expired

Lone Adesanya bet. Hope I'm not thread Florian.

I got Adesanya as he's been more active, has decent overall mma experience, other than wrestling. Hope it goes to championship rounds and from there it can go either way.

If Adesanya wins then Costa next so he'll come up against another chin tester, with Cannonier after if he beats Gastelum /Romero, so middleweight looks good for the next year or so.

We don't wanna post as this matchup is jinx heavy. Come on main.

I like Izzy a lot (even though I’m picking Knuckles) and think this fight could be fight of the year, but I think Jones would beat the brakes off him at 205.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Every time Tui throws a leg kick, Spivac counters with a hard right.

Maybe make an adjustment there, bud

edit

As I was typing this another Tui leg kick leads to counter straight right hand and takedown. For sure stop throwing those leg kicks

Every time Tui throws a leg kick, Spivac counters with a hard right.

Maybe make an adjustment there, bud

edit

As I was typing this another Tui leg kick leads to counter straight right hand and takedown. For sure stop throwing those leg kicks

Spivac out hustled Tui, the combat sambo background meant his grappling was superior & that choke.

Damn son

Izzy looked fantastic once he shifted out of first gear.

damn.

I’ll always wonder if all that damage Whittaker absorbed from Yoel is just something that takes something away from him permanently.

Izzy vs Costa is gonna be violent as fuck

Ade won a close 1st with that knockdown.

Daaaaamn, the counters were too easy for Ade. Whittaker was too eager and Adesanya with a great KO.

Adesanya v Costa is coming. Can't wait.

What a weird fight. Whittaker looked fast and powerful, but the result makes you wonder if Romero ruined him for good. Backing up while sticking your chin out like Adesanya usually leads to getting brutally KO'd. Whittaker lacked the reach and accuracy to get to him.

Adesanya vs Costa will be interesting to say the least. Blinding speed vs vicious body punching.

mekes

I wanted Israel to win because I think he would make a more interesting champ. But I had Israel as the slight underdog in this fight. I’ve seen Robert walk through bigger shots and keep coming forward and I thought that would prove the difference in this fight. I thought Robert might grind him out. I guess there is a lot to say about precision. Israel got out of the way of so many shots, but he often disengages to stay in the pocket for his counters, which makes for such good entertainment. I haven’t watched a fight so wide eyed for quite some time.

Carton

I caught the main card late. Israel was very disciplined, whilst Rob looked a little rough around the edges. The head hunting approach by Whittaker really played into the hands of Adasanya and I was surprised Rob’s offense didn’t incorporate some takedowns -- the way Israel leans back to evade the follow up punches would seem to leave him vulnerable to a power double. Adesanya vs Costa should be exciting. Rob is young, but I do worry he’s a little battle worn; hopefully he proves me wrong, because he’s a very likeable fighter.

Top Bottom