• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 287: Pereira vs. Adesanya 2 - Miami, Florida - April 8

Who wins: Pereira or Adesanya? Burns or Masvidal? Font or Yanez?

• Pereira, Burns, Font.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Pereira, Masvidal, Font.

• Pereira, Burns, Yanez.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Pereira, Masvidal, Yanez.

• Adesanya, Burns, Font.

• Adesanya, Masvidal, Font.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adesanya, Burns, Yanez.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Adesanya, Masvidal, Yanez.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I really hope Adesanya wins over Peirera. I really like Izzy. He's good people I feel. And as a veteran with so much history between both.. I don't know. It would be such a monumental experience for him.
But Poaton is a killer if there ever was one. I've got a bad feeling.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
gkxswqccv6sa1.jpg

GymWolf

I really hope Adesanya wins over Peirera. I really like Izzy. He's good people I feel. And as a veteran with so much history between both.. I don't know. It would be such a monumental experience for him.
But Poaton is a killer if there ever was one. I've got a bad feeling.
Pereira moved from the forest to the favelas when he was young, adesanya had fucking servants growing up.

Not sure why alex is considered the bad guy in this story, the dude had a way harder life than gnagna.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Pereira moved from the forest to the favelas when he was young, adesanya had fucking servants growing up.

Not sure why alex is considered the bad guy in this story, the dude had a way harder life than gnagna.

Blabla. Both live 24/7 for fighting. I know you have a secret crush on Izzy. But you can't deny this is such a great rivalry no matter what happens.

GymWolf

Blabla. Both live 24/7 for fighting. I know you have a secret crush on Izzy. But you can't deny this is such a great rivalry no matter what happens.
Yeah but gnagna had someone washing his dick like fucking eddie murphy in coming to america while alex was battling alcoholism inside a favela:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Yeah but gnagna had someone washing his dick like fucking eddie murphy in coming to america while alex was battling alcoholism inside a favela:messenger_grinning_sweat:
We all know who had the hardest life in the UFC:

So no need to use their past when they are now clearly far away from it.
I hope for a Adesanya victory, but no matter who wins the rivalry will stay in the UFC history.

Last edited:

GymWolf

We all know who had the hardest life in the UFC:

So no need to use their past when they are now clearly far away from it.
I hope for a Adesanya victory, but no matter who wins the rivalry will stay in the UFC history.

I was just talking about the narrative of alex being the bad guy here.

Maybe it's because gnagna does all that weeb shit so he is more relatable to a certain demographic, opposed to alex who looks and act like a stone cold killer with a measurable testosterone level, who knows:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I was just talking about the narrative of alex being the bad guy here.

Maybe it's because gnagna does all that weeb shit so he is more relatable to a certain demographic, opposed to alex who looks and act like a stone cold killer with a measurable testosterone level, who knows:lollipop_grinning_sweat:
It is weird yes, but the only complaints I saw about alex are about his size. Adesanya had a long career and fough regularly. Normal that his fan base made it so people are more for him than a newcomer.

Joramun

Lads and ladies, I'm not up to date with the forum/ufc terminologies but wth is a 'gnagna' and why do people call izzy that? I'm banking on another Alex win. Burns should also win, but Cuban Jesus can be a surprise at times. Yanez should win this too.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Pereira looked like he was about to pass out after stepping off the scale.
Yeah but it looks thinner than the last time, i think this time he had a slightly easier job cutting weight.

He is a gigantic middleweight so it's always gonna be hard to cut weight.

Irobot82

Yeah but it looks thinner than the last time, i think this time he had a slightly easier job cutting weight.

I wonder how much of an affect it will have. It's wild the amount of weight they cut. Even Izzy looked a bit skeletor too.

I hope Izzy pulls it off just to keep the rivalry going, but I'm happy to have Pereira as champ and I can get behind him being it for a while. Either way, t's a great card. Very excited to watch it.

Joramun

His natural weight is around a light HW I reckon and can easily fight in that division.

GymWolf

His natural weight is around a light HW I reckon and can easily fight in that division.
If he bulk a little he can probably fight at heavyweight aswell, the dude is a long 6.4 and i'm sure that he hits harder than people like volkov or daukass, like way harder...

MaestroMike

Gold Member
raul rosas gassed himself in the 1st should be a good learning experience for him in the future to manage energy for the later rounds and be very careful sprinting

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The Rosas/Rodriguez fight might be among the biggest marketing hype jobs during the lead up and first round.

Two fighters I've never heard of before, not a lot of fights under their belt, but similar records.

Rosas is PR'ed by the announcers like he's the next champion soon and zero mention of Rodriguez. Only when Rodriguez took over the fight in the second round did they turn the marketing PR and start talking how good Rodriguez is and he's got more experience/older, yet they said nothing about him in round one like he's a nobody.

Last edited:

Apocryphon

Burns better sleep Masvidal. His performance against Khamzat was outstanding. I don’t care about Izzy being champ and I like how humble Pereira is so I’m hoping Alex gets the win and then fights Robert Whittaker.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
holland is a beast at 170 he needs to stay there. for the next three fights I got yanez over font I think hes on a 9 fight win streak he has the momentum. burns over masvidal because of his grappling/jiu jitsu if they're standing more masvidal has a chance. and I have pereira over izzy, but izzy looks very focused and determined he really wants the W I could see it going either way even though poatan is up 3

Top Bottom