• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 287: Pereira vs. Adesanya 2 - Miami, Florida - April 8

Who wins: Pereira or Adesanya? Burns or Masvidal? Font or Yanez?

• Pereira, Burns, Font.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Pereira, Masvidal, Font.

• Pereira, Burns, Yanez.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Pereira, Masvidal, Yanez.

• Adesanya, Burns, Font.

• Adesanya, Masvidal, Font.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adesanya, Burns, Yanez.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Adesanya, Masvidal, Yanez.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MaestroMike

Gold Member
dang I wanted the edwards - masvidal fight :messenger_crying: oh well hope Masvidal has a good retirement good to retire where he started congrats to Burns on the W

Well, I was right 2 of 3 on the Poll. Great card. Matchmakers did a great job and the fighters all really put on a show. From the undercard to the main.....

SpiceRacz

Good on Izzy. That was a hell of a knockout.

The commentary was weird though. Joe and Cormier miscalled about 5 strikes that Izzy didn't land. Not a big deal, but that bugged me.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Good on Izzy. That was a hell of a knockout.

The commentary was weird though. Joe and Cormier miscalled about 5 strikes that Izzy didn't land. Not a big deal, but that bugged me.
Understandable. Sit in their space at their angle and try and do your best to call those.

Pereira was on the mat for so long.
That was my takeaway as well. Good Lord, he really got melted. What a win for Izzy. Alex isn't just a random monster, but one that knows him. This entire saga was like a Dark Souls boss you finally take down. I know Izzy always thought of Jon Jones as the ultimate fight for him, but Alex may have proved to be that. Respect to both fighters.

KrakenIPA

They have monitors in front of them as well. Those were really bad calls. The Izzy dick riding goes back to the Blachowicz fight though.
Joe and DC are guys that I trust to call the fight as they see it in the cage. The idea that any of these three hall of fame announcers would favor a fighter is interesting, though.

I suppose they are human, and everyone has a favorite.

Pakoe

Well damn I stand corrected, Izzy got it.
Good for him, good match. Great matches overall.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
What a weird KO, he hit him with a big punch and it was like he was surprised that he landed, and when he tried to land more shots, he just kinda slapped him with these silly little shots.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
pk15OPT.jpg

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Same here! Redemption after all these years and the trolling and recent loss.. Truly must feel amazing for him and his nearest.

Not sure about this guys credentials but he seems to know a lot and I like his moment to moment analysis

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Weird KO. I think even izzy was surprised. Didn't look like an illegal hit but I think it was on side near the back and hit him in the perfect spot that shut his brain off. I think this is where weight cuts affects fighters the most. Also I like how Izzy is like 1-4 vs Alex and doesn't think he deserves rematch lol

Last edited:

Apocryphon

What a weird KO, he hit him with a big punch and it was like he was surprised that he landed, and when he tried to land more shots, he just kinda slapped him with these silly little shots.
He hit him in the same spot twice, just behind the ear I think. The first one stunned him, the second put him down. I don’t know if Izzy was surprised or not that he connected, but he was completely covering up and won’t have been able to see shit. He threw with intent and it landed. I don’t think he was playing possum though and Izzy is still cringe as fuck 😂

Bragr

Banned
He hit him in the same spot twice, just behind the ear I think. The first one stunned him, the second put him down. I don’t know if Izzy was surprised or not that he connected, but he was completely covering up and won’t have been able to see shit. He threw with intent and it landed. I don’t think he was playing possum though and Izzy is still cringe as fuck 😂
Yepp, I am glad he trolled that fucking disgusting child though, but he's such a god damn weird guy, I just can't watch his interviews.

Nothing beats Jon Fitch though. I remember one interview he did with Ariel, and he came in with a bunch of bruises and marks on his face, and Ariel started probing him on what happened, and Fitch had to explain that he put make-up on his face to look like he had been a fight because he thought it was cool. Damn, that was cringe. I still cringe at it.

Macattk15

Imagine calling those punches that sent Pereira DEEP into the shadow realm "silly little shots".

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Lol I’m happy for Israel but sad for pereira going out that way this is a savage business Izzy’s stock is now sky high even though he’s down three but the way he sent poatan to the shadow realm kinda makes things even since the first fight was decision and Izzy didn’t get sent to the shadow realm in the third fight only the second fight Izzy got sent to meet his ancestors now they both met their ancestors and I think we need a final trilogy mma fight to really settle this question of who is the better fighter. Izzy haters are still going to be talking Izzy is down three they’re not going to let that go

Top Bottom