• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: PS5 Pro releasing on November 2024

Cornbread78

So Switch2 & PS5 Pro next year. I so, I can manage that....

hLlReFi.gif

Last edited:

SenkiDala

I'm not at all for those "Pro" versions. It made the new generation look just "good", no gap between generations anymore...

Games are looking AWESOME, after 3 years of release we are still far from reaching the pinacle of what they can do so...

But when those bitches release, I can't hold and just buy them... But I still really hope this isn't true.

I'm not at all for those "Pro" versions. It made the new generation look just "good", no gap between generations anymore...

Games are looking AWESOME, after 3 years of release we are still far from reaching the pinacle of what they can do so...

But when those bitches release, I can't hold and just buy them... But I still really hope this isn't true.
Oh it's true alright. Tom is very accurate with his past info. Also, the current consoles are pretty weak by today's standards. Mid gen upgrade is not a surprise.

Last edited:
Why does everyone want a “pro” so much when the current version runs everything just fine?
Tell that to my 30+ hour Remnant 2 playtrough. It dips like hell to low 30s on N'Erud and Labirinth when playing on balanced and even performance mode. Even the 30fps quality mode is not perfect! I want... no I need that PS5 Pro like today!

Last edited:

skit_data

Anyone here got a good sense of when dev kits might be sent out? Sometime around spring next year?
Would be nice if Cerny did something similar to Road to PS5 sometime around March

HTK

Banned
Why does everyone want a “pro” so much when the current version runs everything just fine?
Like what reality do you actually live in?

There are 30FPS games.
There are 60FPS games that can't maintain a solid 60FPS.
There are 120FPS games that definitely DO NOT stay at 120FPS.

No solid frame rates unless its 30FPS and if you're playing a 60FPS or 120FPS game it's not a solid fps they constantly dip below expectations and on top of that sacrifice resolution.

Where is this world that you live in where things are just fine? Because I haven't seen it yet in actual reality of games I've been playing.

FingerBang

Interesting article, though the most shocking part to me is this one

The next time you hear on a PlayStation hardware report from me will likely be on the PlayStation 6 – Which is currently targeting a 2028 release date.

That would be 8 years for the current generation. And although I'm not too worried about the current machines being too bottlenecked (especially with a PS5 Pro coming out), it's wild to think that this would be such a long generation.

Top Bottom