• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Specs Leak are Real, Releasing Holiday 2024(Insider Gaming)

David B

An Idiot
Hey guys, perhaps you can help me: I’m having a real hard time locating the PS5 Pro CPU on this list. Any ideas? :pie_thinking:
It's about natural CPUs for computers. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo get specialized APUs which are processor and graphics card on one chip. It will probably continue with PS5 Pro and PS6 as well. However I don't know if Microsoft and Nintendo will continue with APUs or not.

Loxus

Pretty good video.
Made me recheck the leak.

The leak mentions something named Multi Frame Super Resolution (MFSR).
Could this be Frame Generation for PS5 Pro?
gyUYYjc.jpg

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
TLOU Pt. 1 is really the only 1st party title that fits the bill to the tee for "Game 2" that runs 1440p 60 with no RT on base PS5. Pt. 1 with RT shadows and reflections would be great.
Its demon souls. it was announced to have rt shadows but was taken out before launch.

TLOU1 Part 1 doesnt support rt on PC. its not in their current engine. Whereas, it was definitely in Demon Souls before it was removed.

sachos

Cool video, shame he did not use FSR in most of those tests to simulate the effect PSSR could have in performance. Also he tests at Ultra most of the time, consoles run on a mix of Medium to Very High so there is performance to gain there too. I don't think Sony will have a problem marketing PS5 Pro games "running at lower native res" if their PSSR solution reach DLSS quality, doesnt DLSS Quality actually looks better than Native 4K TAA in some cases?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Im hoping PS6 will be:

PCIE Gen 6
USB 4.0 Version 2
WiFi7
Latest Bluetooth
GDDR7 with 1TB/SEC bandwidth (25GB-50GB range)
SSD speeds up to 32GB/sec (1 TB of storage is not going to be enough)
Zen5/Zen6 4GHZ-5GHz range
RDNA 5 3GHZ-3.5 GHZ range
Ultraviolet Optical Disk Drive with Terabytes of storage per Optical Disk
DLSS 4.0 like upscaling
8k 60-120hz, 4K 120hz standard
2x-4x raytracing compared to PS5Pro
Yeah but just imagine PlayStation 7:

PCIe gen 7
USB 5.0 version 3
WiFi9
Latest Bluetooth
128GB GDDR9 with 4 TB/s
SSD with 128 GB/s
Zen 8 32-cores 6 GHz and 4D cache
RDNA8 5Ghz
Holographic discs with exabytes of storage
DLSS6.5 AI upscaling
16K 240-480hz VRR
4x raytracing of PlayStation 6

It’s really going to be a monster. My wallet is ready!!

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
There was 4080 12gb + AMD show on their presentation higher than 4080, but release was difference numbers
The post is from October 21st 2022. NVIDIA had already canned the 4080 12GB by then. This was in reference to the current 4080 which was obviously bullshit.

SolidQ

This was in reference to the current 4080 which was obviously bullshit.
That what show AMD to us
AMD-RDNA-3-Tech-Day_Press-Deck_Embargoed-until-Nov3-at-2pm-PT-31.png

from TU
4521e13da7fa42836821f697537e4482.png

With those Avg 50% should be like 15-17% faster, than 4080.

Big problem is leakers, then missed clock speed. RDNA3 can 3+ghz, but not games. Anyway RDNA4 is already fix clock speed.

Last edited:

sendit

Pretty good video.
Made me recheck the leak.

gyUYYjc.jpg
Nice find, if it is frame gen. Frame gen coupled with AI Up-scaling (PSSR) is what the console space sorely needs. Brute force can only get you so far with budget/power limitations in a closed box.

sendit

Yeah but just imagine PlayStation 7:

PCIe gen 7
USB 5.0 version 3
WiFi9
Latest Bluetooth
128GB GDDR9 with 4 TB/s
SSD with 128 GB/s
Zen 8 32-cores 6 GHz and 4D cache
RDNA8 5Ghz
Holographic discs with exabytes of storage
DLSS6.5 AI upscaling
16K 240-480hz VRR
4x raytracing of PlayStation 6

It’s really going to be a monster. My wallet is ready!!
"Xbox Eats Monsters for Breakfast"

Wifi8 better have terabits per second speed for it to be implemented in playstation 6.5pro and nextbox series pro

Last edited:
I knew a lot more people got ahold of these docs its ONE reason I said in the other thread more info was coming soon

Lots of information coming out. I would think they'd announce it in May based on the leaks, but maybe they'll wait until August or so.

I'm actually fairly happy with it, so long as the price is right. The CPU I'd hoped would've been better, but I can live with it.

I think we might be underestimating just how much of a difference these AI-based enhancements will make.

It'll be a good glimpse into the future, wherein AI can help systems push quite a bit beyond what specs might say due to the various things it can take on, or finding more efficient ways to do things.

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
Im hoping PS6 will be:

PCIE Gen 6
USB 4.0 Version 2
WiFi7
Latest Bluetooth
GDDR7 with 1TB/SEC bandwidth (25GB-50GB range)
SSD speeds up to 32GB/sec (1 TB of storage is not going to be enough)
Zen5/Zen6 4GHZ-5GHz range
RDNA 5 3GHZ-3.5 GHZ range
Ultraviolet Optical Disk Drive with Terabytes of storage per Optical Disk
DLSS 4.0 like upscaling
8k 60-120hz, 4K 120hz standard
2x-4x raytracing compared to PS5Pro
And have same, boring games :messenger_grinning_smiling:

chilichote

Because Tom Warren doesn't get specific:
Does the PS5 Pro simply have additional RAM apart from the main memory or why can't the developers use the same amount of RAM on the PS5?

rkofan87

Gold Member
Lots of information coming out. I would think they'd announce it in May based on the leaks, but maybe they'll wait until August or so.

I'm actually fairly happy with it, so long as the price is right. The CPU I'd hoped would've been better, but I can live with it.

I think we might be underestimating just how much of a difference these AI-based enhancements will make.

It'll be a good glimpse into the future, wherein AI can help systems push quite a bit beyond what specs might say due to the various things it can take on, or finding more efficient ways to do things.
at this point i just want a date a price and the rumored dualsense v2 to be real.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

A.I. is the future. Most humans have ZERO clue how A.I. will take everything we know to the next level. The same is being seen in Telsa's self driving tech. They threw out 300,000 lines of C++ code and implemented full A.I. trained "end-to-end" self-driving and it's already better than the manual code they'd been working on over the last 6 years. The Tesla A.I. driving advances more in 3 months, than what the human code could do in a year.

Nvidia has also shown us this with it's DLSS A.I. tech. Sony knows this and sees the future, just like those other two companies. Most advanced gamers in the console space can't seem to wrap their minds around this though, so a 10% advancement in the CPU side of things feels too small. But it's only because they don't understand the bigger picture, yet......

Perrott

Gold Member
In the context of the paragraph where it is mentioned in, it actually seems that Multi-Frame Super Resolution is the product category, at least in Sony's eyes, for implementations such as PSSR, DLSS, etc.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Switching to Nvidia.🤣😂

DF have always been pretty clueless.

I'm sorry, but a background comparatively benchmarking PC parts does not mean you are an expert in hardware and software systems design!

Its an "all else being equal" calculus, and the reality is that the "all else" really matters in the console space because how efficiently components interrelate has a massive impact on actual performance.

Top Bottom