• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PS5 Pro Codenamed "Trinity" targeting Late 2024 (some alleged specs leaked)

Would you upgrade from your current PS5?

• For sure

Votes: 377 41.0%
  • Probably

Votes: 131 14.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 127 13.8%
  • Unlikely

Votes: 140 15.2%
  • Not a chance

Votes: 145 15.8%

• Total voters

By Tom Henderson

Although the Pro’s specs were difficult to pin down, admittingly due to my lack of technological prowess, sources have stated that Trinity with have 30 WGP and 18000mts memory.

As for the consoles performance targets and as to be expected, the PlayStation 5 Pro will be targeting improved and consistent FPS at 4K resolution, a new ‘performance mode’ for 8K resolution, and accelerated ray tracing.

Whether or not a PlayStation 5 Pro console is desired enough in the current market remains to be seen, but as of writing, the PlayStation 5 Pro is in development and is targeting a November 2024 release date.

MT/s is a standard memory measure and not the same as clock speed since there's so much confusion about this. When something says DDR4-3600 for example, it's actually talking about 3600MT/s, not MHz, since the DOUBLE data rate in DDR means it's doing two data transfers per Hz, so 3600MT/s = 1800Mhz

This rumor would say it's boosted by 28.5% from 14,000 MT/s to 18,000 MT/s

M MisterXDTV quote it in OP bro

Last edited:
Legendary thread.
We getting 8k 30 fps games!

Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA

Bernoulli

M2 slut
RDNA introduced the "workgroup processor" ("WGP"). The WGP replaces the compute unit as the basic unit of shader computation hardware/computing. One WGP encompasses 2 CUs. This allows significantly more compute power and memory bandwidth to be directed at a single workgroup. In RDNA, 1 CU is one half of a WGP.

so the PS5 pro has 60 CU big jump from the PS5 36

But Will it have TRUE RDNA 3? :messenger_pouting:

Last edited:

Pelta88

There is a segment of gamers who just like talking about upgraded existing specs. And there are websites /youtubers with podcasts who like to capitalize on this need to theorize about upgrading existing tech.

There is no PS5 pro.

Macro and Micro, global, economic factors make a PS5 Pro a non starter. But obviously, people will discuss this fake news as if it's real, because...

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
If you think the codename has some form of familiarity, you’re right. Sony has used The Matrix codenames in the past, with the PlayStation 4 Pro under the codename ‘Neo’ and PlayStation VR under ‘Morpheus’.

It’s understood that Trinity has been in development since early 2022, with sources citing that although the rumours of a canceled PlayStation 5 Pro project are always “fun to read”, Trinity has been the only project in the works for the Pro model. Despite dates being tentative, it’s understood that demo events for the PS5 Pro are already ongoing, with the majority of studios receiving development kits by late November 2023.

Although the Pro’s specs were difficult to pin down, admittingly due to my lack of technological prowess, sources have stated that Trinity with have 30 WGP and 18000mts memory.

As for the consoles performance targets and as to be expected, the PlayStation 5 Pro will be targeting improved and consistent FPS at 4K resolution, a new ‘performance mode’ for 8K resolution, and accelerated ray tracing.

Whether or not a PlayStation 5 Pro console is desired enough in the current market remains to be seen, but as of writing, the PlayStation 5 Pro is in development and is targeting a November 2024 release date.

Trinity appears to be PlayStation’s last bits of major hardware for this generation and after reporting on almost everything from the DualSense Edge Controller (via Try Hard Guides), to Project Q and PlayStation’s new wireless earbuds (via Insider Gaming), the next time you hear on a PlayStation hardware report from me will likely be on the PlayStation 6 – Which is currently targeting a 2028 release date.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Ps5 rumors have been around for months, pc elitism tells you the philosophy is you should be able to upgrade any time, but what if I don’t want to gut my entire system for a new graphics card? I think the casual will allow Sony to make the adjustment for them.

splattered

No way i am buying a new slim model to just turn around and buy the pro model 6 months later... get your messaging shit together Sony. As of right now NOTHING new is coming per Sony's silence.

Topher

Gold Member
"Well, according to my own sources, who asked to remain anonymous because they were unauthorized to speak on such details,"

Sounds like he taking a well established rumor and trying to make himself an "insider". I could be wrong, but I've never heard of this site before in my life.

The fact that the article doesn't say the author's name is also telling.

Last edited:

T4keD0wN

targeting improved and consistent FPS at 4K resolution, a new ‘performance mode’ for 8K resolution
November 2024 release date
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

RTX 7090 wont do that and they use amd so +3 extra years.
Not as funny as "Switch 4K60" with 25w of power and 600+ppi display though.

Either this is BS or i am a clown and they are actually making a 2500W console. Who would they sell those to? power plants?

Last edited:

skit_data

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see anything new in this that uses Tom Henderson as a source

Edit: Ok, he retweeted it. Now things are getting interesting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom