• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate the Xbox & Bethesda Showcase 2022

Rate the Showcase (1 being the lowest score, 10 being the highest)

Votes: 23 2.3%

Votes: 32 3.2%

Votes: 76 7.7%

Votes: 76 7.7%

Votes: 113 11.4%

Votes: 144 14.6%

Votes: 187 18.9%

Votes: 190 19.2%

Votes: 75 7.6%

Votes: 58 5.9%

Votes: 15 1.5%

• Total voters
All my most anticipated MS Studios games were NOWHERE to be found

Where is Fable, Avowed, Perfect Dark, Everwild, Hellblade 2, The Coalition, etc...etc....????

We are now approaching the third year of XSX and not a single next-gen game at this event! Maddening.
all those devs they bought a while ago and we have barely seen anything that they're working on. almost bought a series x because of halo but that game is in a sad state right now. was hopeful that at least they'd show something today that would give me a reason to buy an xbox but fuck it lol, will wait another year i guess.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
without starfield, it would have easily been one of the worst shows from microsoft we have ever had imo. even then, starfield couldnt redeem the hour or boredom before it.
Sad thing is Diablo 4 may not even come out in 2023 (or at least on consoles) and Starfield will likely be delayed again to late 2023. So.......from fall 2021 until fall 2023 they may be zero first party AAA games.

EruditeHobo

Specific takeaways:
- D4 looked great, Necro should be fun.
- Starfield looks cool, but the combat itself looks very poor, I think I'm just kind of done with Bethesda... but I can see why people would be really excited about it, it doesn't really move the needle for me.
- Scorn looks cool, that's exclusive right? I would not mind playing that.
- I thought the Sea of Thieves expansion/update looked like a lot of fun.
- Some of the other non-AAA stuff like the Limbo creator game, Benedict Fox, As Dusk Falls, all looked very cool. Will get these on PC, for sure.
- A few of the cinematic adventure games looked ok, tough to tell without getting more story/character.

Not enough to dip a toe in for me. If Indiana Jones is console exclusive and ends up looking good, and Fable ends up looking good, that's when I'll be more interesting. Waiting game until then, or something else surprises me, as far as I'm concerned.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Honestly, I was really disappointed.

I know I need to keep my expectations in check, given they are only showing stuff that will be ready in the next 12 months but honestly other than Starfield it was a letdown.

I think the only games apart from Starfield I want are, High on Life, Redfall, and Forza.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Specific takeaways:
- D4 looked great, Necro should be fun.
- Starfield looks cool, but the combat itself looks very poor, I think I'm just kind of done with Bethesda... but I can see why people would be really excited about it, it doesn't really move the needle for me.
- Scorn looks cool, that's exclusive right? I would not mind playing that.
- I thought the Sea of Thieves expansion/update looked like a lot of fun.
- Some of the other non-AAA stuff like the Limbo creator game, Benedict Fox, As Dusk Falls, all looked very cool. Will get these on PC, for sure.
- A few of the cinematic adventure games looked ok, tough to tell without getting more story/character.

Not enough to dip a toe in for me. If Indiana Jones is console exclusive and ends up looking good, and Fable ends up looking good, that's when I'll be more interesting. Waiting game until then, or something else surprises me, as far as I'm concerned.
Timed exclusive but it was expected.

CosmicComet

I only just started watching it. I'll rate afterward.

So far, Redfalls looks like absolute shit. Is this supposed to be a good first party showing? I thought Arkane was supposed to be a good studio?

Zannegan

For me and the games I want to play, an 8, but the pace was pretty great: game after game for 90 minutes with little filler.

Starfield looks a lot better than I feared too. More Fallout than ES, to be sure, but gameplay wise it's almost what I was hoping destiny would be (minus the boring resource collection). I like the lego ships a lot, though it remains to be seen whether changes will be more than cosmetic. I'd love a little more depth there.

All in all, the best show MS has had in recent memory, IMO.

SLB1904

Banned
It was certainly the best gaming show or VoD we've had this month at least. By a wide margin.
giphy.gif

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I only just started watching it. I'll rate afterward.

So far, Redfalls looks like absolute shit. Is this supposed to be a good first party showing? I thought Arkane was supposed to be a good studio?
They are which is why I give them the benefits of thhe doubt and will try it but this showing was not really good.

Sad thing is Diablo 4 may not even come out in 2023 (or at least on consoles) and Starfield will likely be delayed again to late 2023. So.......from fall 2021 until fall 2023 they may be zero first party AAA games.

microsoft have the same problems they have had for years. sparse game lineup. 2022 is just bad. theres no defending it. even a fanboy has no defence for the lack of 1st party games this year.

Last edited:

Stuart360

All my most anticipated MS Studios games were NOWHERE to be found

Where is Fable, Avowed, Perfect Dark, Everwild, Hellblade 2, The Coalition, etc...etc....????

We are now approaching the third year of XSX and not a single next-gen game at this event! Maddening.
'most anticipated', thats a good one.

Forza was nexg gen only, Starfield was, Scorn was, Flight Sim was, ynd so on.
And as you already know, this was games comning in the next 12 months, so those games you are 'most anticipated' for, obviously are not coming in the next 12 months.

Belthazar

It was either updates on games already released or ports of games already available elsewhere. The one thing that was supposed to be exciting was Starfield, which looked rough as hell...

Stuart360

microsoft have the same problems they have had for years. sparse game lineup. 2022 is just bad. theres no defending it. even a fanboy has no defence for the lack of 1st party games this year.
I'm honestly quite interested to see what the new 'meme' will be when we get into the second half of the gen and Xbox game are flowing out like fine wine.

They are releasing too many games, they dont know what they are doing!!!?

'most anticipated', thats a good one.

Forza was nexg gen only, Starfield was, Scorn was, Flight Sim was, ynd so on.
And as you already know, this was games comning in the next 12 months, so those games you are 'most anticipated' for, obviously are not coming in the next 12 months.

Oh okay, thanks for clarifying that these games will probably be no-shows for the next few years like they already have...that makes it acceptable or something?

Starfield is fine, one game alone does not make a good show

bender

What time is it?
A gave it a 9. The lineup is diverse and even the stuff I'm not terribly excited for will end up on Game Pass so that is a win. My favorite things showed were:

-Silk Song
-Flight Sim: Helicopters and Gliders
-Diablo IV (even if I'm not sure about some of the direction the game is taking)
-Wolong
-Persona

Biggest Miss:

-Left 4 Vampires

Still not excited:

-Starfield: Sort of looks like Fallout had a baby with No Man's Sky and I generally mistrust Bethesda as I've enjoyed their games less and less since Morrowind.

Last edited:
I'm honestly quite interested to see what the new 'meme' will be when we get into the second half of the gen and Xbox game are flowing out like fine wine.

They are releasing too many games, they dont know what they are doing!!!?

we'll talk about it if it actually happens. right now im looking at 2022. not some hypothetical future you conjured up.

Kokoloko85

What games got announced as exclusive? Anyone done a simple list of exclusives? 1st and 3rd party

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
What games got announced as exclusive? Anyone done a simple list of exclusives? 1st and 3rd party
Do you want to include timed exclusives in that list ?
Because otherwise, Redfall, Grounded, Sea of thieves, Starfield, Forza and penta(I don't remember the name).

Edit: Oh I think I forgot a Kojima cloud game(no name or any other info)

Last edited:

Stuart360

we'll talk about it if it actually happens. right now im looking at 2022. not some hypothetical future you conjured up.
Well i mean all their 30+ studios, many of them that will have mutiple teams working on multiple games, are obviously just sat around the office playing Candy Crush. No 'real' games are actually coming.

And i was being serious too, i'm genuinely interested to see what the new 'angle' will be in regards to Xbox, when the games start flowing.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Forza looked good.
Everything was a FPS.
The rest was like a really long bad SoP.
There was a severe lack of diversity. The show lacked a happy go lucky adventure game or platformer. Just something with fantastic production value and an upbeat tone like Kena or Sackboy. A lot of shooters and then the stuff that wasn’t a shooter was still adult in tone like Forza, Flight Sim or Diablo.

On first viewing I thought Ravenlok looked like a game that could fill the void but upon rewatching the trailer it looks a bit The Gunk-esque IMO. A bit too janky for my taste. But we’ll see. There was Minecraft as well, but I think you have to be in to Minecraft to appreciate the spin offs.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
It was a bit disappointing. The only game that really excited me was Diablo IV. Starfield looks decent but hard for it to live up to the hype people have given it, basically looks like Fallout in space, which is fine for me, I'll definitely play it day 1.

Unfortunately this was largely a Gamepass trailer, and highlights the future of these services, very few AAA standalone games, numerous GaaS updates to games we've been seeing for years and a lot of B-tier filler games. Don't get me wrong, Gamepass is still good value if you're happy to play what they serve you, you'll always have stuff to play, but as someone who is now having to start paying £10+ a month for it and already has a massive backlog of games on all platforms, this show has made me think that I'll just pause my sub now until mid 2023 and then sub for a couple of months to play through Starfield and some Indies 🤷‍♂️

(If anyone knows of a way to get £3 a month GO sub still let me know as I'll keep it going for FH5)

Papacheeks

Banned
He seriously need some professional help.
He is hack anyway. Every time I see him playing games he looks like someone who never hold gamepad in hands. His Metroid rant was even funnier than his usual shit. Professional game developer my ass.

He's accomplished more in his life than you ever will.

He's also honest about his losses when it comes to life, his work ect, when he's wrong about something. But when it comes to games and the impact quality big games have for a platform he's not wrong.

Stop deflecting because literally even GameonDaily and other Pro xbox podcasts like Rand AL thor are kind of bummed about what they just saw.

That was not a great showing. And nothing of note for 2022. Meaning for the whole year the only thing of note Microsoft has is shredders revenge day one, and DLC for Forza/Sea of thieves. Also where the fuck was halo?

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Do you want to include timed exclusives in that list ?
Because otherwise, Redfall, Grounded, Sea of thieves, Starfield, Forza and penta(I don't remember the name).

Edit: Oh I think I forgot a Kojima cloud game(no name or any other info)

Timed exclusives too.

Redfall, Starfield, Forza were all formely annoucned. And Sea of Theives is old lol

New announcements list please :) Like Kojima’s game

Kokoloko85

He's accomplished more in his life than you ever will.

He's also honest about his loses when it comes to life, his work ect, when he's wrong about something. But when it comes to games and the impact quality big games have for a platform he's not wrong.

Stop deflecting because literally even GameonDaily and other Pro xbox podcasts like Rand AL thor are kind of bummed about what they just saw.

That was not a great showing. And nothing of note for 2022. Meaning for the whole year the only thing of note Microsoft has is shredders revenge day one, and DLC for Forza/Sea of thieves. Also where the fuck was halo?

Jeff Epstein and Hitler also accomplished more in their lives than he ever will doesnt make it good….

But I like Jaffey anyway, and agree with you, its just i hate that argument lol

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
It was a bit disappointing. The only game that really excited me was Diablo IV. Starfield looks decent but hard for it to live up to the hype people have given it, basically looks like Fallout in space, which is fine for me, I'll definitely play it day 1.

Unfortunately this was largely a Gamepass trailer, and highlights the future of these services, very few AAA standalone games, numerous GaaS updates to games we've been seeing for years and a lot of B-tier filler games. Don't get me wrong, Gamepass is still good value if you're happy to play what they serve you, you'll always have stuff to play, but as someone who is now having to start paying £10+ a month for it and already has a massive backlog of games on all platforms, this show has made me think that I'll just pause my sub now until mid 2023 and then sub for a couple of months to play through Starfield and some Indies 🤷‍♂️

(If anyone knows of a way to get £3 a month GO sub still let me know as I'll keep it going for FH5)
If your sub expires you can still do the £1 top up with Gold. Gold is often £30-£40 on CD Keys.

CosmicComet

On the new Forza Motorsport.

Is it just me or does it not look anywhere near as good as Forza Horizon 5? That one had immaculate environments. This one is...eh.

Javthusiast

Banned
It moved quickly, showed gameplay and a lot of it was for game pass, which is all good, but unfortunately most games didn't wow me that much including Starfield. But this I knew cause I am no Bethesda rpg fan.

Solid 6/10. Kojima trailer would have brought the score to 7, but he showed jack and shit.

Well i mean all their 30+ studios, many of them that will have mutiple teams working on multiple games, are obviously just sat around the office playing Candy Crush. No 'real' games are actually coming.

And i was being serious too, i'm genuinely interested to see what the new 'angle' will be in regards to Xbox, when the games start flowing.

who cares what the angle will be? if they delivering great game after game, we'll be too busy playing and enjoying them. not arguing console wars.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
5, puts it at the top for the season so far but not much besides Starfeild for me. At least confident that it will be good after the showing.

Top Bottom