• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate the Xbox & Bethesda Showcase 2022

Rate the Showcase (1 being the lowest score, 10 being the highest)

Votes: 23 2.3%

Votes: 32 3.2%

Votes: 76 7.7%

Votes: 76 7.7%

Votes: 113 11.4%

Votes: 144 14.6%

Votes: 187 18.9%

Votes: 190 19.2%

Votes: 75 7.6%

Votes: 58 5.9%

Votes: 15 1.5%

• Total voters

Nautilus

Banned
Social experience, the show. Multiplayer game here, co-op game there. Very few games that really interested me, though Persona waas a nice surprise. But yeah, too much focus on multiplayer, so it was really boring for me.

And Starfield being as big as it is, it probably means it wasn't all handcrafted. So that's a big negative for me.

4/10

.Pennywise

Banned
Pretty mild to good for me.

No Quake Reboot, no Wolfenstein III, no Indiana Jones, no Contraband, no Perfect Dark, no Hellblade 2, no Avowed, no The Outer Worlds 2, no Crash new game, no GoldenEye, no Fable, no Halo Battle Royale, no Gears Collection...

Starfield looking absolutely bonkers,

Solid GamePass and Starfield out of 10

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
x46z6y1mf8591.jpg

The good;
  • Silksong
  • Redfall
  • FM
  • FH5 DLC
  • Ravenlok
  • Wo Long
  • Diablo 4
  • Starfield
  • A Plague Tale Requiem
The bad;
  • They’re all 2023 apart from the FH5 DLC and A Plague Tale
The ugly;
  • Everything else
  • No Goldeneye or Banjo
That was one bloated show in my opinion. The quality and pacing was all over the place. A major step down from last year.

4/10 for me due to the shitty 2022 and bloat.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Most of the stuff shown was either games already out or known.

Starfield looked rough in some areas, but overall was still really really good. They also didn't show anything from previous CGI trailer announced games form their other first party studios, which is largely disappointing.

Rated a 6 because Starfield saved it.

Last edited:

graywolf323

it feels like a C to me, honestly the realization there's really not a lot coming from the first party studios over the next 12 months was the biggest disappointment?

Starfield looks like it could be amazing though which helped a lot

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
A solid 8 out of 10 for me. Only thing I really wanted was news from further out games (Fable) - but otherwise lots of games, no fluff. Most in Gamepass. PERSONA is huge for me. Hyped for Starfield as well.

fermcr

Starfield, Diablo, Plague Tale, Silksong and Forza look great. Rest was meh or boring.
Will give the show a 6 our of 10.

EDIT: Game COCOON also seems interesting.

Last edited:

Certinty

That was bad, really bad.

Looking forward to A Plague Tale 2 and Forza Motorsport but not even a release date on both and nothing out of the ordinary was shown either.

Starfield looks ok but given all the hype I guess I expected more.

Everything else for the most part was boring as hell.

If it wasn’t for Game Pass getting multiplatform games I would buy on the PS5 anyway, I would question why I even own a Series X after that.

Bragr

Banned
It was OK, everyone overhypes these things and expects too much, overall it was fine. We are gonna have to wait a year, maybe two, before all these new studios are gonna start to kick in.

Surprised there was no Hellblade. So it's not coming out in the next 12 months then, huh.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I’ll give it a seven.

Way too much reliance on GamePass and not enough legitimately exciting announcements.

Starfield will be huge though, providing it’s not a janky Bethesda mess.

Kojima thing was a fucking joke.

But holy shit, GamePass is STACKED.

Last edited:

BoxFresh123

Judging that as a flagship showcase. 6/7 at best.

Silksong, Persona and Starfield looked great. the rest was a bunch of meh.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I give it a 5, A few cool games we already knew about like Forza and Star Feild, but other than those.there isnt much diversity. they really to needed to show the HK game or have a few Japanese games.. hell even some sort of toon shaded crazy something.

II_JumPeR_I

Dont know why i couldnt post in the other topic anymore? Anyway

The show was bad.
Liked RedFall and High on Life

I already didnt have any expectations but still got out very disappointed.

No signa of games announced in 2020 like Fable etc...

skit_data

7/10

Tighten it up and cut the non interesting games and the score would be higher. 90 minutes for 2-3 interesting games is a bit much.

Edit: I was going for 6/10 but they get an extra point for showing games launching withim a year. That’s a good rule and a big improvement from earlier XGS showcases.

Last edited:
Top Bottom