• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate the Xbox Showcase 2023

How would you rate the Xbox Showcase 2023

• It was fantastic

Votes: 169 20.2%
  • It was very good

Votes: 298 35.6%
  • It was okay

Votes: 223 26.6%
  • It was mediocre

Votes: 99 11.8%
  • It was poor

Votes: 29 3.5%
  • It was very bad

Votes: 19 2.3%

• Total voters

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
(not including the Starfield extended showing as that's kind of a seperate thing IMO)

Almost certainly the best showcase Xbox has ever had.

Fable, South of Midnight, Star Wars Outlaws, Payday 3, Persona 3 Reload, Avowed, Sea of Thieves + Monkey Island collab, 33 Immortals, Flight Simulator 2024, Hellblade II, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, new IP from Capcom with Path of the Goddess, Forza Motorsport w/ October 10 2023 release date, Persona 5 Tactica, obv Starfield, Jusant, Dungeons of Hinterberg, Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty (w/ Keanu!), Cities Skylines II, new IP from Atlas with Metaphor, inXile's new game with Clockwork Revolution, Series S in black w/ 1TB storage, etc.. etc.. Literally something for everyone.

Tons of in-game and/or in-engine footage as well (although I would say Avowed looked visually underwhelming).

So much of it on Game Pass day one, too. Plenty of release dates/release windows shared as well. And very few interruptions. Just games.

I'm also going to give credit for the 4k/60 live stream. Why the fuck doesn't everyone do this?

Only thing missing was a "One More Thing..." announcement. Really couldn't have asked for more beyond that.

I voted "It was fantastic".

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I would say B, it wasn't amazing, but at least they show wide range of games and something I actually want to play.

Reactions: Isa
Starfield and Clockwork look amazing to me, Avowed looks awesome too, lot of interesting indie/3rd party announcements (including the Atlus games). Fable is too early to have any opinion, obviously 2023 is what is is, but 2024 looks like it could be special depending on any potential delays/changes. Definitely was very good as far as I'm concerned, but maybe I'm easily impressed

Fake

Was OK. Way better than Sony.

To be honest I was expecting gameplay from Fable, but IMO Fable and Hellblade 2 have the worst trailer of the show with terrible CGI and cringe parts.

Kudos to Capcom and Atlus. They really help this showcase.

In fact I was more impressive about how Microsoft dedicated more japanese games than Sony. Kinda sad looking for what Sony become.

Still looking foward to see if Fable is a decent game or a cringe trash one. Forza as well.

Last edited:

Hot5pur

I liked what I saw, nothing too crazy, overall very good.
I think people just have impossibly high standards these days. Compared to the Sony showcase this blew it out of the water.

El Muerto

Almost all premiers showed gameplay, a ton of new IPs announced, new Atlus rpg, new Obsidian rpg. I'm pumped.
3rIjotT.jpg

ZoukGalaxy

I have been blown away by... mediocrity, and no gameplay for Fable and so many others. It's a 4-5/10 at best, people are getting excited for anything at this point apparently, they are so hungry after so many years of misery.

*edit* I see everybody is comparing to others shows, and are just plain euphoric, but are people so hungry that they are became blind to see what this show truly delivered of outstanding in absolute ? Only Starfield, and it was not even a exclusive until the buy.
I really don't get it, all shows were clearly mediocre but this one suddenly become outstanding because of this game and we just forget about every others games showed, LOL (Awowed was BAD, I mean REALLY bad).

Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Also, I'm so tired of these "Fortnite/mobile/anime" graphics games, all looked the same, like in "climb simulator" game I forgot the name (aka "Oh look the climbing in Zelda, let's make a FULL game of this" 😹), where were the gems like Tunic ?

Starfield, the real star, and a few unannounced games saved the "show" (South of Midnight *looks* interesting but no gameplay).

It was not an Xbox conference, it was a Starfield showcase.

Last edited:

Metnut

Had no plans to get an XBox this gen but was blown away by they showcase and am going to have to reconsider. Only question is whether I hold out for the pro.

This generation just got a lot more interesting. Phil Spencer takes a lot of shit here (most of it deserved) but he should be feeling right now.

7/10. Quite good is what if call it.

Sonys was a 1/10 for me. And I'm much more a Sony person usually but they just didn't have my style of games and I know nothing about what's coming from them

Skifi28

It was ok. Tons of first party stuff were shown...but they either didn't look very good or it wasn't actual gameplay. The best stuff were all third party and multiplatform....so I don't know how to feel about that. I guess good job to Microsoft for paying more to get some trailers on their show?

Last edited:

Sintoid

Unimpressed by first party games, a lot of games on Gamepass and multiplatform.
The only surprise was Starfield date and new Atlus RPG (wich no XBox fan really care)
Good just because Sony sucked

winjer

Gold Member
Most of the games they showed were already announced, so it was just a matter of watching a new trailer.
The biggest positive surprise for me, was Clockwork Revolution.

Overall it was a decent show. 7/10

It was good; much better than whatever the hell that PS showcase was.

One thing I noticed was that almost every game had a Strong Female Character (TM), so don't have much hope for the narrative quality of these games.

FeralEcho

I'll just repost my reply from the main page...

Sony after Microsoft's showcase
virgins meme GIF by Death From Above 1979

More Japanesse and single player games from Microsoft than Sony in this showcase....Shame...absolute fucking shame on Jim Ryan.Here's another gaas for you you money hungry loser.Take it alllll in like a good boy Jimmy.
fart GIF by Phizz

I rated it very good,it had lots of interesting games and they showed their shit.An Xbox showcase with actual first party games,well who would've thought.Not Jimmy anyway,he was too busy showing us movie trailers.

The Sexy

Fable looking sexy.
Starfield looking sexy.
Clockwork Revolution looking sexy
Path of the Goddess looking sexy
Awoved looking sexy

The Ok

Hellblade II looking ok
Forza Motorsport looking ok

My only grips with show is no Everwild/Perfect Dark/Gears 6 or next MachineGames, but regardless a 9/10 show for me. Xbox eating good in 2024. Fucking excited!

graywolf323

I’d say B-, I’m pretty excited for all the Sega/Atlus stuff and some other things

Starfield is looking promising? Avowed is hopefully a return to form for Obsidian

Top Bottom