• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft removes references of New Xbox Hardware from Blogpost

Puscifer

Sony should license out the PS6 design and let Microsoft build a version of the hardware, like the 3DO. I am not crazy.
I mean honestly they created a powerful system that's more powerful and compact than the PS5 with great apple-likr packaging to boot.

nick776

Its funny how people took that Tweet to mean for sure everything is going 3rd party and their Twitter confirmed it to Xbox still having the Tweet up about more console and control options coming this holiday but that one is a lie

Almost like the intern posting to the social media doesn't really have a clue what their plan is
Are you saying you don't think more console and controller options are coming this holiday?

cireza

You never did.
Let me clarify it for you then.

I am satisfied with what we get now, I would like this to continue this way. Thank you for your concern.

A few Falcom games on top of it would be nice though, for sure :)

Jesb

I’d get an x if it was significantly discounted but for all the bad news there is about what they do and it still hasn’t dropped in price here. Some places even have it more expensive than PS5.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Yeah, it’s always on the devs to utilize each console to their strengths. I think this gen we have seen the laziest optimizations ever, due to the graphics/console options given to gamers. That’s why we have the results we do with games like Starfield on Series X and FF7 Rebirth on PS5.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Are you saying you don't think more console and controller options are coming this holiday?
I think options are indeed coming.

I think we see their new controller very soon which I am looking forward to but console options? I dunno

If they are teasing the redesigned Series X without a disk drive thats going to be $499 sitting on the shelf next to the current Series X they can't sell anyhow plus with the PS5 Pro coming, they are in deep doodoo

ToadMan

What in thee hell is going on....

The preorders on day 1 of the announcement for Pentiment, Hi Fi Rush and SoT are already so strong, MS has decided to kill xbox hardware. 🤣

But anyway, future xbox hardware being in the hands of the surface team tells us everything. There is no xbox custom console coming - at least not how we would recognise it today.

It'll be a badged surface device or two - presumably one will be a tablet style portable device and the other perhaps a console running Windows but optimised for TV/Couch use.

Which is what they said during the canned "podcast" if one paid attention. The emphasis on cross saves and cross play and multi platform entitlement and Phils comments about the back compat inherent in Windows - that was MS prepping the ground to tell people xbox consoles are dead, next gen there'll just be PC gaming and xbox will be the service name. But don't worry - your purchased game library carries across so do your saves.

Or you can just get the games on PS consoles if consoles are your thing.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
It's like they are at the fuck it stage right now.

They say something and do the opposite. What a joke lol
I think it’s more like the “realize we can make more money off just software than hardware stage right now”. Why waste money on making consoles when people will buy their games on PlayStation, PC, and Switch. Even if they lose 30% on the full revenue of a software sale. That far outweighs losing money on each console and the marketing and everything else that goes along with it. Especially for a console that the majority of gamers don’t see the value of purchasing. I don’t understand how people really don’t get that Microsoft is transitioning out of the console space. They are trying to slow roll it to lessen the blow for life long Xboxers, but to me it’s clear as day with what’s happening here.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

I imagine they don't want to be beholden to an arbitrary deadline that they are not 100% set on. The removal of this quote is just a removal of a reference to a specific timeframe and doesn't mean they won't talk about hardware this holiday season. I expect an overreaction of course, we are best at over extrapolating and overreacting to any tidbit of "news".

bitbydeath

They never tweeted that their biggest games are coming to all platforms. They tweeted that the biggest games are multiplatfom.
Like you said vague as fuck, could just be an inopportune dig at exclusivity, could mean big games are coming to other consoles, could mean versions of their big games are coming to mobile, could just be a statement of fact (CoD, Fortnite etc) - could mean basically whatever they want it to mean retroactively.
You would think they would have sent out a correction if it were interpreted wrong though given all the responses to it, it’s not like they’re shy to post…

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The preorders on day 1 of the announcement for Pentiment, Hi Fi Rush and SoT are already so strong, MS has decided to kill xbox hardware. 🤣

But anyway, future xbox hardware being in the hands of the surface team tells us everything. There is no xbox custom console coming - at least not how we would recognise it today.

It'll be a badged surface device or two - presumably one will be a tablet style portable device and the other perhaps a console running Windows but optimised for TV/Couch use.

Which is what they said during the canned "podcast" if one paid attention. The emphasis on cross saves and cross play and multi platform entitlement and Phils comments about the back compat inherent in Windows - that was MS prepping the ground to tell people xbox consoles are dead, next gen there'll just be PC gaming and xbox will be the service name. But don't worry - your purchased game library carries across so do your saves.

Or you can just get the games on PS consoles if consoles are your thing.
They're essentially making a cheaper portable and a high priced "Steambox."

Nothing, and I mean nothing out of the Surface team is at a mainstream pricing model for high end hardware.

HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 is onto something.

bitbydeath

But don't worry - your purchased game library carries across so do your saves.
It’ll just be tied to xCloud.

Austin Powers Evil Laugh GIF

ToadMan

It’ll just be tied to xCloud.

Austin Powers Evil Laugh GIF

Oh for sure.

Phils comment about xbox one losing the "most important" generation was telling.

They don't want to miss the bus with cloud this time.

The problem is Gamepass has reduced purchasing of digital content on xbox, so no one has a library to carry with them anyway.

Three

They don't want to miss the bus with cloud this time.

The problem is Gamepass has reduced purchasing of digital content on xbox, so no one has a library to carry with them anyway.
The thing is that gamepass is the library and it works better for a service like cloud because you don't own the games and have to continually pay to have access to the library meaning reoccurring revenue to pay for running costs.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The thing is that gamepass is the library and it works better for a service like cloud because you don't own the games and have to continually pay to have access to the library meaning reoccurring revenue to pay for running costs.
Well, that is the endgame.

StereoVsn

I think options are indeed coming.

I think we see their new controller very soon which I am looking forward to but console options? I dunno

If they are teasing the redesigned Series X without a disk drive thats going to be $499 sitting on the shelf next to the current Series X they can't sell anyhow plus with the PS5 Pro coming, they are in deep doodoo
Hey now, PS5 Pro isn’t adorably digital! It will be Brutalism Architecture!

Now, just look at the XSX A series (A for adorable). It will have major Engagement numbers (we don’t talk about sales here).

image-48-800x450.jpg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Hey now, PS5 Pro isn’t adorably digital! It will be Brutalism Architecture!

Now, just look at the XSX A series (A for adorable). It will have major Engagement numbers (we don’t talk about sales here).

image-48-800x450.jpg
"adorably digital"

Not those fugly ratchet ass physicals.

bitbydeath

Need to pick up a Series X for the museum.
You might want to get in quick, they stopped the production of Xbox earlier this year and it hasn’t been said if it started back up yet.

//DEVIL//

You might want to get in quick, they stopped the production of Xbox earlier this year and it hasn’t been said if it started back up yet.

I don't think that article is true or anything related to it.

It also claim that ps5 production is also reduced by 50% and that is also bullshit.

You will be able to find a ps5 and Xbox all the stock anytime of the year.

Ps5 pro ? Maybe not we will see.

I get it you are a ps fanboy but don't push it lol

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I don't think that article is true or anything related to it.

It also claim that ps5 production is also reduced by 50% and that is also bullshit.

You will be able to find a ps5 and Xbox all the stock anytime of the year.

Ps5 pro ? Maybe not we will see.

I get it you are a ps fanboy but don't push it lol
Hardware always gets increased for Xmas period, that isn’t unusual.

You’re in denial if you can’t see all the signs:
-Hardware has stopped being made;
-MS removed reference of future hardware coming;
-Xbox has already started being rebranded to Microsoft Gaming;
-Games are officially going third party.

You don’t even have to be an Xbox fanboy to see what’s going on.

Last edited:

Bond007

Im convinced nobody over there has fuckin clue whats going on.
That obviously translates itself to us down the pipeline. lol

NickFire

Yeah they never said new hardware for this holiday, only new ANNOUNCEMENTS…Why the fuck did everyone twist it?
The official twitter account literally still says "including more console and controller options for you this holiday."

Anyway, as funny as the past couple weeks have been I am getting bored with it all. Looking forward to learning more about Sea of Thieves though.

FrankWza

Yeah, it’s always on the devs to utilize each console to their strengths. I think this gen we have seen the laziest optimizations ever, due to the graphics options given to gamers. That’s why we have the results we do with games like Starfield on Series X and FF7 Rebirth on PS5.
Wasn't Starfield in development twice as long as rebirth?
And I would guess that rebirth will be cleaned up by the time it is out as long as Starfield has.

MarkMe2525

There are many reasons why Sony and MS are lowering (Sony) or suspending (MS) power supply purchases (that is where this translated source comes from). One of those reasons could absolutely be the full on stop of their respective products, but it could also be oversupply of parts or revision to the products, etc. There is probably a reason this info has not been corroborated and extrapolated on by other tech news orgs considering this original report came in January.

MS removed a reference to talking about new products "this holiday season", that isn't the same as they aren't planning new hardware. Also, MS has been an "official" 3rd party producer of games for Switch and PS4 games for years, them expanding that scope (which coincides with them buying one of the largest 3rd party publishers on the planet) isn't shocking and definitely doesn't suggest that they are going to stop making hardware.

bitbydeath

MS removed a reference to talking about new products "this holiday season", that isn't the same as they aren't planning new hardware. Also, MS has been an "official" 3rd party producer of games for Switch and PS4 games for years, them expanding that scope (which coincides with them buying one of the largest 3rd party publishers on the planet) isn't shocking and definitely doesn't suggest that they are going to stop making hardware.
New “announcements”, this holiday season. Things are changing rapidly.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

They literally removed the XBX/S logos off all their games branding (and off the Game Pass branding), and ordered stores to remove physical games and trash them (that have that Xbox Series branding) at MS's own expense.

And the only way to get physical for "4 of the most beloved fan favorites" coming to the largest console platforms, is left up to LRG to provide.

How are people not seeing this?

Last edited:

XXL

They literally removed the XBX/S logos off all their games branding (and off the Game Pass branding), and ordered stores to remove physical games and trash them (that have that Xbox Series branding) at MS's own expense.

And the only way to get physical for "4 of the most beloved fan favorites" coming to the largest console platforms, is left up to LRG to provide.

How are people not seeing this?
If You Say So Shrug GIF

This.

Not to mention Blade was announced without platforms, which is even more interesting now that we know they were in active development of PS5 ports at the time of that announcement (SOT, HiFi Rush, Etc)

And there is a job listing posted by 343 to develop the next Halo for "all players on all platforms."

The evidence is quickly piling up.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If You Say So Shrug GIF

This.

Not to mention Blade was announced without platforms, which is even more interesting now that we know they were in active development of PS5 ports at the time of that announcement (SOT, HiFi Rush, Etc)

And there is a job listing posted by 343 to develop the next Halo for "all players on all platforms."

The evidence is quickly piling up.
With this much smoke polluting the scene, Greta would have been marching out already,
How Dare You Greta GIF

Top Bottom