• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Four Games are going multiplatform. (Pentiment, Sea of Thieves, Grounded, Hi-Fi Rush)

Sony could let Microsoft make a new Killzone. Can't be fucking worse than Shadowfall.
And Microsoft could let Sony make another Halo (via Bungie). Can't be fucking worse than Infinite.
Aidy Bryant Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Bridges

I just realised that they picked Xbox's most universally loved recent games (if we are not counting Forza Horizon). I mean, Pentiment is a niche game but people who actually played loved the shit out of it. Pretty much everybody I have talked to adored Hi-Fi Rush (except for rhythmically challenged ones). The same goes for Sea of Thieves and Grounded - two GAAS games that refuse to die, because people who fall in love with them, keep on playing for a looooong time. I'm pretty sure it was a deliberate choice to show that xbox games can be unique and wonderful and their ecosystem appealing to those who didn't know anything about xbox.
Super true. They might be smaller games but Pentiment and Hi-Fi Rush are two of the best exclusives that Xbox has had since the 360 days. SoT and Grounded are mega popular too.

The choices are definitely deliberate in that way. If it was just small passion project games and service games then why is Bleeding Edge absent which qualifies as both? Obviously because the game wasn't well received and no one remembers it, but it's actually the one that probably needs it the most since it currently has a microscopic playerbase of like 20 people on Reddit.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Sony could let Microsoft make a new Killzone. Can't be fucking worse than Shadowfall.
And Microsoft could let Sony make another Halo (via Bungie). Can't be fucking worse than Infinite.
Give Killzone to ID and Halo to bungie ... everyone wins .. letsgo

DJ12

Give Killzone to ID and Halo to bungie ... everyone wins .. letsgo
Apart from Bungie who didn't want to do Halo for the rest of their lives.

Also, there's hardly anyone left that even worked on Halo.

You'd end up with a Halo skinned Destiny, does master chief really make a game better?

Last edited:
Top Bottom