• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Removes Xbox Series & Xbox Gamepass Logos From Its Site. References mentioning "Day One on Gamepass" vanished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Holy fuck lol.

Selling their games on PS and Nintendo was already pretty extreme IMO.

Nerfing game pass to death will absolutely kill their remaining fans. I’m shocked if they do this. The Xbox console would become a paper weight at that point.

Edit - game pass logo is still there just above the game card, just doesn’t say day 1 I suppose.

Last edited:
okay-sad.gif

Esppiral

If they want expand and to sell their games/services on other platforms as they've been saying for ages I find It normal that they remové the Xbox branding.

Laptop1991

Microsoft will have to sell their games to the biggest market now which means as many platforms as possible and also have to make better games that gamers want to buy to make money, gamepass isn't going to do that on its own, but im sure the Xbox will still play them and be around for a while yet

Three

It still has the gamepass logo. They probably got into legal trouble because they mislead people with day 1, where it wasn't actually day 1 anymore. People on gamepass got it later than those who bought some expensive version or upgrade.

The change to 'console' probably just means they are ditching Series S and X. It's dead already if the rumour is true about stopping production. Whether that 'consoles' means it includes PS5 is not a given. It could be because they plan to announce the next bunch of consoles that they'll likely abandon just as quickly.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
This is all I care about getting clarified, don’t really care about the rest.

If they stop with the day 1 (1st party) GamePass thing I don’t think I’ll bother with them anymore.
Day 1 gamepass is unsustainable... and the quality of the games have plummeted.. even if you like them... there is no denying that gamepass changed for the worse the production in xbox studios.. it may be just coincidental but I dont think so.. when your game dont have to sell your priorities change!! Gamepass always was a fishing lure, a trojan horse, who failed... I can guarantee you that the initial proposition was never to be sustained forever.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I don't think Phil should've reacted with a statement immediately, but waiting an entire week while shit like this happens in the background maybe wasn't a great idea. It's not like people weren't going to be acting like bloodhounds at any given opportunity.

Still, I suppose it makes no real difference now - it's coming and people can decide for themselves how they're going to engage with Microsoft games in the future. As someone with a cheap VPN loophole Game Pass sub it makes almost no difference to me.

Zuzu

Goodbye Xbox,

…it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the rain set in
Your candle burned out long before
Your legend ever did…

Goodbye Xbox

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Day 1 gamepass is unsustainable... and the quality of the games have plummeted.. even if you like them... there is no denying that gamepass changed for the worse the production in xbox studios.. it may be just coincidental but I dont think so.. when your game dont have to sell your priorities change!! Gamepass always was a fishing lure, a trojan horse, who failed... I can guarantee you that the initial proposition was never to be sustained forever.
They (MS) probably assumed the take up would be like their other subscription services, Office 365 and the like.

Make it like you cannot live without it then pull the rug out from under everyone's feet by bumping up the price and reducing what's on offer.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

I think its very simple. Its business.

And business dictates that the Xbox itself is not feasible enough to lock games on. They have internal data and forecasts, they are probably well aware that they won't even approach Xbox One numbers.

So what do you do? You hold on to sentiments (read; its Microsoft calling the shots, not some fanboys), or you just broaden your userbase by going multiplatform? Its not 100% confirmed yet but it would be the most logical step to make right now. You sit on ABK and Zenimax with a system that barely sells.

GHG

"Day and date" on gamepass and ports to other consoles, or no ports and no more guarantee for "day and date" on gamepass.

Pick one, Phil is watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom