• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| HADES 1.0 |OT| Get out of hell

Punished Miku

Formerly 'Miku Miku'
Jan 13, 2018
Just got the legendary sword, and it's easily my favorite weapon in the game now. I can't believe how strong it is. They must have heard that sword is by far the weakest weapon in the game for months or something, because this is a huge gift to anyone struggling with sword. Just 2 combos wipes out a whole head from the bone hydra for me. I have +100% damage on next strike if you kill as well, and if you get lucky and happen to have that trigger on your 3rd hit in the combo, it does over 750 damage in one swing.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Holammer

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018
This is definitely a Game of the Year contender for me.

Once again proving that "realistic" graphics and "dark and serious" story etc don't mean shit if you don't have the gameplay to back it up.

Let's hope we get more stuff like this in next gen and its not all about what AAA companies are doing.

Fantastic game from an absolutely brilliant developer.

Spukc

Jan 24, 2015
This is definitely a Game of the Year contender for me.

Once again proving that "realistic" graphics and "dark and serious" story etc don't mean shit if you don't have the gameplay to back it up.

Let's hope we get more stuff like this in next gen and its not all about what AAA companies are doing.

Fantastic game from an absolutely brilliant developer.
yes this is what most modern AAA games lack..
they are super safe and boring as fuck.

TLOU2 had a great story imo insane gfx. But the actual game? boring as fuck man

Holammer

Jan 3, 2019
Just got the legendary sword, and it's easily my favorite weapon in the game now. I can't believe how strong it is. They must have heard that sword is by far the weakest weapon in the game for months or something, because this is a huge gift to anyone struggling with sword. Just 2 combos wipes out a whole head from the bone hydra for me. I have +100% damage on next strike if you kill as well, and if you get lucky and happen to have that trigger on your 3rd hit in the combo, it does over 750 damage in one swing.
I unlocked all the aspects and that's my favorite as well. What really sells the 4th aspect of the sword is the aura, drop that thing and it'll slow projectiles to a crawl (really messes with witches) and deal heaps of damage, even without boons buffing its damage/reach and it disables traps too.
The +50 life is just gravy.

• Strength
Reactions: Punished Miku

edbrat

Mar 2, 2006
Just beaten final boss for the first time on my thirty-somethingth run, frickin lasers can do one.

This game is a masterpiece, I am blown away by how good the balance is as you power up your builds. It always manages to stay on the right side of challenging but keeping the gameplay loop feeling good and varied. Devs can pat themselves on the back this is up there with the most fun I've had this gen without making squelching noises. There's your box quote for the expansion :)

Punished Miku

Formerly 'Miku Miku'
Jan 13, 2018
Got another fully ridiculous build just now that I totally recommend.

Legendary gun
Ice attack
Ice Special
Ice laser cast
Ice super move

Basically, you can just run around nonstop lobbing ice bombs that sit and wait, plant 3 lasers that all intersect at different angles while you circle a stage, then stop and shoot. The lasers will shoot and explode the bombs also. The whole stage is a cross-section of 4 lasers, constant bombs and an ice special tornado. You rarely even will get hit this way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Holammer

GymWolf

Jun 11, 2019
yes this is what most modern AAA games lack..
they are super safe and boring as fuck.

TLOU2 had a great story imo insane gfx. But the actual game? boring as fuck man
Are you really comparing a fast hack and slash with a realistic and methodical stealth tps??

Not to be rude but only idiots buy tlou2 in search of a vanquish tps experience...

Holammer

Jan 3, 2019
96h into the game and I finished the main and extended storyline. I'll just mop up to six remaining achievements and I've had my fill.
... till they release an expansion that is.

• Praise the Sun

Holammer

Jan 3, 2019

It is done. I'll probably play it a little bit more *just* to deliver all ambrosia. Maybe upgrade some weapons and do some decorating?

Once you get a considerable amount of completed games the narrator really starts phoning it in when describing how Zag dies, like "Slipping on an exotic sallow colored fruit".

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Zefah and AV

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
Finally made it to the credits! 36 runs in total. What a fantastic game. Definitely high up on my GOTY list.

I ended up using the spear for the most part. Get the extended range buff and some nice damage boosters and you can safely kill just about anything from a distance.