• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apotheon |OT| Pot of War: Vase of Olympus

I thought this game was quite clever actually.

It tied the mythology and gameplay together quite neatly and I liked the aesthetic.

I can also say that no game has made me enjoy spear or axe combat more than that of the sword. I liked that exploration and investigation war rewarded.

How hard is the diffculty mode unlocked after completing it on regular difficulty? I found I often had too many health and armour items and rarely used the other potions besides boss battles simply because the game felt easy enough already.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm really enjoying this game, but I'm getting really fucking fed up with it constantly crashing. It's becoming more frequent the further in I get - between last night and tonight I've had five crashes over probably four hours' playtime. If I weren't so close to the end I'd sack it off.
Yikes. I have about that many hours but I'm not that far (just got to Daphne's, I take it slow -- I already got Artemis and Hades) and it crashed twice so far. At least the second time I had a recent auto-save but yeah it's frustrating.

Two more crashes this afternoon, both on Athena's level. It's a really fucking annoying place to get a crash because it's by far the trickiest and most pernickity level. In one place I'd spent upwards of five minutes
shooting arrows in the air to hit those targets
the other side of the wall, and it crashed as soon as I got to the treasure chest.

eFKac

Two more crashes this afternoon, both on Athena's level. It's a really fucking annoying place to get a crash because it's by far the trickiest and most pernickity level. In one place I'd spent upwards of five minutes
shooting arrows in the air to hit those targets
the other side of the wall, and it crashed as soon as I got to the treasure chest.

Damn, the crashes are what's holding me from starting the game. The is another patch in the works, right?

Alpende

I'm really enjoying this game, but I'm getting really fucking fed up with it constantly crashing. It's becoming more frequent the further in I get - between last night and tonight I've had five crashes over probably four hours' playtime. If I weren't so close to the end I'd sack it off. Just got
Athena and then Zeus to go now

Is there an 'Endless Summer' style option to play on after the end, or do I need to finish mopping up any trophies before
facing Zeus
?

No, there is a point of no return. However, the game keeps 3 autosaves so you can always go back even if you went past the point of no return.

Damn, the crashes are what's holding me from starting the game. The is another patch in the works, right?

I hope they're working on a patch, because this is damn near spoiling a game I'm otherwise really enjoying.

I hope to finish up tonight. Not sure how determinedly I'll chase trophies, but I'll see how the last hour or so goes first.

Well, I finished a couple of days ago. Really enjoyed it overall, but the crashes tainted my opinion so badly in the latter half of the game. I checked my message log and had nine crashes across 11-12 hours of game time. Bearing in mind I think only one of those was in the first half of the game, which means across probably 6 hours of gameplay I had 8 crashes to desktop. Absolutely ridiculous, and I hope Alien Trap are working on a fix.

Other than that, I really enjoyed it. Amazing visuals and presentation, and the amazing music really felt like it came from a big-budget production. Combat felt a bit sloppy and hectic but I really enjoyed most of the boss battles (except Poseidon) and I thought it was a really interesting take on Greek Mythology which I still found compelling and interesting despite having previously felt the era was a bit played out with all of the God of War games I've played.

Really solid game overall. A firm 8/10.

What an awesome game. Just from top to bottom. Never stopped being memorable throughout. The meticulous hack-and-slash sword-and-shield combat, the locations, the surprises, the bosses, the characters, the unique greek vase art style, the music, were all fantastic. This is easily the best game I've played about greek mythology.

My only wish would have been New Game+ to get all the collectibles and other little things I didn't finish. I put 11 hours into it and still didn't get everything.

Easily going to be a GOTY for me. Hope more people play it.

Labadal

What an awesome game. Just from top to bottom. Never stopped being memorable throughout. The meticulous hack-and-slash sword-and-shield combat, the locations, the surprises, the bosses, the characters, the unique greek vase art style, the music, were all fantastic. This is easily the best game I've played about greek mythology.

My only wish would have been New Game+ to get all the collectibles and other little things I didn't finish. I put 11 hours into it and still didn't get everything.

Easily going to be a GOTY for me. Hope more people play it.
Crashes didn't help and some bugs here and there added another layer annoyance.

It will still be a GOTY contender in my list.

Teggy

Question, does this game not have any auto saves? I just had my game crash and I lost all progress from basically the beginning of the game through the start of the second round of gods.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Question, does this game not have any auto saves? I just had my game crash and I lost all progress from basically the beginning of the game through the start of the second round of gods.
Crashes are so annoying in this game. I really liked it but I haven't gotten back to it after getting discouraged from the crashes.

The game auto-saves but rarely, only when you go through a door into another area basically. If you progress into a fairly long dungeon without many side-doors and it crashes, you can lose a lot of progress. So you have to manually save very often.

I'd advise saving before opening any large chest, it seems it often crashed on me when I did that. It's annoying though.

Has there been any word from the devs about a patch?

Teggy

The game auto-saves but rarely, only when you go through a door into another area basically. If you progress into a fairly long dungeon without many side-doors and it crashes, you can lose a lot of progress. So you have to manually save very often.

Well, then this should have auto-saved many times for me, but all of them were lost and allI have is the one manual save I made. This is exactly the same thing that happened to me with Ori and Blind Forest, which is odd because that's on xbox instead of PS4.

Very frustrating. I replayed the lost sections of Ori. This game I'm not feeling motivated to do so so I'm going to set it aside.

Top Bottom