• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

2686582-ok.gif

my head is singing "you and me are the same guy" when watching the GIF :)

Brashnir

So what's the over/under on how long it takes til someone in here complains that they say all Dynasty Warriors games are the same shit in the Demo Derby video?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
"Games" is a stretch. I just hope people realize that visual novels make for the worst quick looks.
They usually do, especially if they're not voiced.

I see. Shame about their origins - regardless of their current state, where they came from can often be a sticking point for mass (worldwide) adoption.

I doubt that will happen, those two being hired together is a point of contention for that whole hiring drama.
Not all of them have that origin though, but many of the popular ones do. Keep in mind that the "drama CD", which is basically a radio drama sold on discs, is still a thing that is prevalent in Japan as well. In many times, it is used to test a property before making it an anime. So there just may be an audience who is willing to experience stories in this semi-old fashioned kind of format.

I'm pretty sure Steins;gate was never an "adult game", tho.

EDIT:

Yup, I checked, and it's not just the english translation of the PC version -- Steins;Gate never had that kind of content.
Oh yeah, I meant those as examples of big games that made the PC to console to anime transition... not necessarily that S;G had adult scenes removed.

Actual question.

Does anyone find Alex's disinterest/cynicism in any anime game QL funny or endearing in any way? I just want to know and then I'll be out of here as always.

Haunted

Man, Drew was really shaken after that Neverending Nightmares QL.

Game's quite effective!

Brad's pride at not playing console Zeldas for over a decade, smdh.

Broke young Ryckert's heart.
The funniest part is when you realise that Brad would most certainly really like both Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword if he'd only play them. :p

Myggen

It's actually been a long time since a brad driven video isn't it?

I think Shadowgate was the last one (he was the main guy in the Gauntlet QL, but 4-people QLs don't really count).

edit: Watched the Neverending Nightmares QL now, what a great QL that was. Drew seemed pretty freaked out at the end there :p

Rapstah

I don't like Alex negativity and cynicism at all but I don't think he was especially negative or cynical about that Naturo game.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
There's 6 new videos in the space of like 12 hours. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

The great thing about the current giant bomb is that there's so much content, specially if you are a premium member thanks to Dan. Honestly it feels like too much sometimes, i can't watch it all and play games too. That's why i don't check gamespot too even tough i want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom