• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb's Dan Ryckert's Campaign To Get Married At Vegas Taco Bell (He Won)

c9p0yxfxkaern8v9hsyn.png

All is right with the world. So happy for them!

http://people.com/food/taco-bell-wedding-couple-contest-winners/?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

For Ryckert, this affinity for fast food is something he came about honestly. “When I grew up, [my father] would always talk about how people that went to fancy restaurants and drank wine or whatever were just putting on airs and trying to appear sophisticated. My grandpa was the same way,” he says. “As a result, I ate fast food constantly. Even once I got older and learned that there actually is some value in nice restaurants, I always preferred the taste and value of fast food. I could put on a collared shirt and eat a nice steak for $80, or I could walk into Taco Bell in a t-shirt and jeans, spend $9, and eat food that I like a whole lot more.”

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Now, they’ll be having a small ceremony of less than a dozen in Las Vegas, complete with a hot sauce bouquet and a wedding cake made out of Cinnabon Delights. The standard $600 package includes a taco 12-pack for your first meal as a married couple, but for the Ryckerts they’re going the extra mile. “They’re catering everything,” he says. “We’re gonna be getting quesadillas, Cheesy Gordita Crunches, these awesome-looking cheesy jalapeno dipper things, and plenty more.”
Yesssss!

I hope they built plenty stalls in the chapel bathroom. Everyone is going to hate themselves after the banquet.
Congrats Ryckerts!

"When I grew up, [my father] would always talk about how people that went to fancy restaurants and drank wine or whatever were just putting on airs and trying to appear sophisticated."

Poor guy. I genuinely feel bad that he was raised by people with such obvious chips on their shoulders. No, guy's dad -- people really, genuinely like filet.

Sidon

So I read this after watching the Giantbomb Drawn to Death quicklook, featuring Dan - this does not compute.

Talking about retarded humor in a video game, but marrying at Taco Bell?

Ok.

Please note, I fully agree on Drawn To Death - possibly the worst game ever and I wish the happy couple all the best.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So I read this after watching the Giantbomb Drawn to Death quicklook, featuring Dan - this does not compute.

Ok.

Please note, I fully agree on Drawn To Death - possibly the worst game ever and I wish the happy couple all the best.

Because there's no correlation?

I think the article said it's only 12 people at the wedding? Will the giant bomb crew be coming along!? I'd imagine family would quickly fill the 12 with room for 1 or 2 friends?

Real Hero

Ok.

What's the link only you see?

Ok.

He criticized the humor in D2D because in his eyes it tries too hard to represent what an edgy high school kid is like. Getting married at a Taco Bell because you and your fiancee simply love Taco Bell is like the opposite of trying too hard.

ArjanN

He criticized the humor in D2D because in his eyes it tries too hard to represent what an edgy high school kid is like. Getting married at a Taco Bell because you and your fiancee simply love Taco Bell is like the opposite of trying too hard.

Pretty much.

Although to be honest I kinda feel like D2D might actually nail what it's going for a little too much because at least a third of the kids in my class back then were exactly those types of horrible shitty edgelords with no nuance.

PinballRJ

This is going to be the most comfortable wedding Paul Ryckert has ever attended, a taco bell in Vegas is basically like a 5 star resort to him

Can't wait for the post wedding podcast

Nah Dan constantly says he hates internet humor and then campaigned on the internet so he could win a meme wedding. Y'all don't have have to defend this shit.

Tagyhag

Nah Dan constantly says he hates internet humor and then campaigned on the internet so he could win a meme wedding. Y'all don't have have to defend this shit.

1. It's a free wedding and a free honeymoon, how is that a bad meme wedding?

2. He has constantly spoken about his love for Taco Bell, which his fiancee seems to share as well, it's not like he's randomly just deciding on this for the lulz.

3. He has already said his original wedding would just be a party with everyone dressing casually and BBQ and pizza, so he clearly cares more about just having a good time than putting in a show for others.

I'm like shocked some of you guys don't see why this wedding and Dan go hand in hand.

Dan didn't do this because it's a "meme wedding." He got a free wedding catered with his favorite food. Couldn't suit him more.

Edit: yeah, well. Guy above me basically said it better.

This doesn't even make any sense. How does the former clash with the latter? He dislikes one thing and is doing something else completely unrelated, omg what a phony!

SexyFish

Banned
Meme wedding? Shit is something he likes and it's free. And his fiancee wanted it too. No need to shit on him.

People saying it's a meme wedding have clearly not followed Dan long enough (more than a few days???lol) to see him lovingly shill Taco Bell every goddamn chance he gets.

Long long long before this marriage thing was ever a thing.

If you said Dan Ryckert was a ridiculous human being who's lived a ridiculous life, and that a Taco Bell wedding is a ridiculous concept, you would be right.

However, if everything Ryckert's said about his life is true (or he believes it to be true), then there is no arguing that this man having this wedding is contradictory. Again, it is ridiculous, but Dan is not playing a character if all his anecdotes and described thought processes are to be believed.

The man said he would eat Taco Bell for every meal for five years rather than never be able to eat Taco Bell again, months before this contest was a thing. It was the closest thing to fate that there has ever been

tsundoku

Dan Ryckert hates Dan Ryckert aesthetic game revels in Dan Ryckert aesthetic wedding
news at 11

4 people replying to me to tell me that getting married at a Taco Bell isn't a meme wedding. Giant Bomb fans have absolutely no chill.

Top Bottom