• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb's Dan Ryckert's Campaign To Get Married At Vegas Taco Bell (He Won)

Tagyhag

4 people replying to me to tell me that getting married at a Taco Bell isn't a meme wedding. Giant Bomb fans have absolutely no chill.

I mean, the fact that you to separate yourself from "Giant Bomb fans" shows you're not a GB fan and probably don't know Ryckert, breh.

Just take the L and move on.

Mechazawa

-Free airfare to Vegas with 4(!) others
-Free hotel lodging
-Free spa coupon
-Free wedding photography
-Dan eats his favorite food

It might be a "meme" wedding on Taco Bell's part, but there's pretty much nothing ironic about what Dan's getting and how much he's probably going to enjoy it. Which is the point. He legitimately wanted it.

Right. I was never saying Dan getting married doesn't make sense; I was saying he's sometimes a bit hypocritical. Something you should all know by now.
He's not a real person, in the sense that his entire being is encapsulated by a layer of self-imposed absurdity.

It seems to work well enough for him, I didn't care for it when he first joined the crew, but I've come to realize Jeff was right to pick him.

Right. I was never saying Dan getting married doesn't make sense; I was saying he's sometimes a bit hypocritical. Something you should all know by now.

It would be hypocritical if the only reason he hated on D2D was becuase it was "dumb". It being "dumb", and getting married in a Taco Bell being "dumb" are about the only thing these two have in common. Even in the QL and his discussions about DtD, he prefaces it by saying he likes dumb stuff. He likes big dumb action movies, he likes the dumb Metal Gear story. He likes pro wrestling. He doesn't dislike DtD becaue it's dumb. He dislikes it because it's sense of humor and edgelord try hard aesthetic are obnoxious and, in my opinion, misses the mark for the intended audience. Yes we all knew, or were, that metal kid in high school who drew demons and shit on his folders, but most of the audience I imagine this game is targeting (adults) were in high school in the 90s and 00s, before the shitty "meme/gif" culture that permeates that game. They should have traded harder on portraying a 90s/00s edgy teen rather than leaning hard on the kind of modern shit that most adults just find annoying.

Aselith

It would be hypocritical if the only reason he hated on D2D was becuase it was "dumb". It being "dumb", and getting married in a Taco Bell being "dumb" are about the only thing these two have in common. Even in the QL and his discussions about DtD, he prefaces it by saying he likes dumb stuff. He likes big dumb action movies, he likes the dumb Metal Gear story. He likes pro wrestling. He doesn't dislike DtD becaue it's dumb. He dislikes it because it's sense of humor and edgelord try hard aesthetic are obnoxious and, in my opinion, misses the mark for the intended audience. Yes we all knew, or were, that metal kid in high school who drew demons and shit on his folders, but most of the audience I imagine this game is targeting (adults) were in high school in the 90s and 00s, before the shitty "meme/gif" culture that permeates that game. They should have traded harder on portraying a 90s/00s edgy teen rather than leaning hard on the kind of modern shit that most adults just find annoying.

Record scratch*. Wait is he insisting it's a meme wedding because he's a salty Jaffe fan? lmao

Top Bottom