• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
LNhZIKY.png

I eagerly look forward to that podcast.

You know, I'm no family psychologist, but I feel like I know why Dan is the way he is.

daydream

Banned
I've only played the first AC. I remember being really, really excited for it. And I.. ended up liking it in a weird way? That game has some huge issues, though, obviously. I always wanted to check out at least 2 and Brotherhood but never got around to it. They looked really good and the multiplayer seemed very intriguing but also, they were kinda lacking something the first AC had? I can't really nail down what since I haven't played said sequels, it was just my impression from seeing gameplay of it on GB and other places.

GolazoDan

Jeff and Brad have been pretty bad about that for years. Vinny always seemed to be the guy who played the most and the widest range of games and he had a kid at home and a job that mostly involved NOT playing games so I dont know how he ever had time for it.

At least they have Dan in the SF office to pick up the slack.
I'm kinda curious about one thing, really: Dan is closer to my generation games-wise (I'm like six years younger than him) so he loves a lot of the games from the N64, Playstation, Playstation 2, GameCube and Dreamcast. However, whenever Dan brings up some of the revered titles from that era, like Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid, Goldeneye, Smash, Mario Party, Mario Kart and probably a few others, they seem to get a rather lukewarm response from Brad and/or Jeff.

Basically I wanna see them play some of their favourites from that generation because aside from Tony Hawk I don't know many of them, :(

Assassin's Creed is really cool tbh, one of my favourite series. The combat isn't great but it was only bad in the first few. They fixed it when they basically copied Arkham, funnily enough. It's basically pressing one or two buttons to make everyone die nowadays.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
The bad thing is that non-subscribers don't really know what they're losing.

But that's a hard problem to solve. What would you do? 5-minute video of the beginning of each premium feature to give a taste of the content? but that's not always the best 5 minutes of a video...

I don't know. I guess Jeff talked about this on a Jar Questions or some other video...

Giant bomb made a cool little video showing what premium has to offer, i'm not sure if it's enough to make a random person subcribe but youtube also has a bunch of short videos showing clips of the best of the premium features, maybe make a playlist out of that and show it to people? i dunno.

kai3345

Banned
I've played 1, 2, Brotherhood and half of Revelations. Some of those people consider to be the best in the series.

All garbage.

popo

Wait ... So Dan comes from Kansas and is going back for the holidays but his dad lives in Kansas City - which isn't actually in Kansas. I hope Danny booked a ticket to right place.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Wait ... So Dan comes from Kansas and is going back for the holidays but his dad lives in Kansas City - which isn't actually in Kansas. I hope Danny booked a ticket to right place.

Suburbs of Kansas City on the Kansas side. Nobody in my family has ever lived in Missouri.

Also, we originally were gonna shoot some video stuff but Jason can't come. Danny and I will probably do a podcast when we get back.

Suburbs of Kansas City on the Kansas side. Nobody in my family has ever lived in Missouri.

Also, we originally were gonna shoot some video stuff but Jason can't come. Danny and I will probably do a podcast when we get back.

You could always use your iPhone for a random "on site" recording - I think mailbags are done the same way. I foresee it been the most commented Giant Bomb video this year, even if it is all basically complete nonsense.

Zaph

Just make sure you film yourself hitting Danny every time he makes a "We're not in Kansas anymore" reference.

niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D:D:D

<3 if your still reading Dan I know busy season is now starting but if at all possible when ever jeff is feeling up for it again please do mario party 2 seriously one of the best things GB has ever done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom