• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famous Cracker Empress Declares War To Warner Bros, Capcom & Denuvo In Its Latest Release

If you don't like a product dont buy it and dont pirate it, i.e. just ignore it.
The entitlement of some people is mindboggling. The product does not have to be like you want it to be, but you can chose to support it or not. "Or not" includes not dealing with it at all, but that would be too hard for self righteous people.

nkarafo

If you don't like a product dont buy it and dont pirate it, i.e. just ignore it.
The entitlement of some people is mindboggling. The product does not have to be like you want it to be, but you can chose to support it or not. "Or not" includes not dealing with it at all, but that would be too hard for self righteous people.

Buying the game and being able to remove it's DRM is also an option.

OZ9000

Banned
Empress is known to be the only one still cracking games using the ill-famed Denuvo protection on PC.

img_5c26bb5b6716f.jpg

She is the only one able to crack Denuvo since a few years now.
Her cracks are usually taking a while now, occurring a few months after the protected game's release since Denuvo reinforced it's protection multiple times. Empress was also asking for donation (500$ in total) to crack a game.

But that's about to change.

In it's latest release, she made it clear she is not appy with Warner Bros for using the DRM, and is against Denuvo very intrusive systems that can cause stutters (Resident Evil Village was a good example, though it was fixed a few weeks after the release date).
Here is what she had to say:

image.png

Jennifer Lawrence Oops GIF

Hogwarts Legacy vs Empress live soon on all your devices
This was an entertaining read.

fermcr

one of the reason why i game on console. you dont need to deal shit like this.

Think, before saying something like that. DRM isn't exclusive to PC games. Do you realize that console games also have DRM's? The latest Gran Turismo can't be played if not online. Redfall will not be playable if not online.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Think, before saying something like that. DRM isn't exclusive to PC games. Do you realize that console games also have DRM's? The latest Gran Turismo can't be played if not online. Redfall will not be playable if not online.

Alot of PC version has denuvo and launchers....dont just use the example above to brush me off.

Last time Diablo 3 is always online on PC. but not for console....

Comandr

Man. Empress' letter is so unhinged. You can't help but love it. But seriously. I fully condone sticking it to Denuvo. As previous posters have said, the only people that it really hurts are the legit buyers. People that pirate the games don't have to deal with always online or intrusive DRM solutions sucking up performance. It sucks to be punished for doing the right thing.

Reactions: Fuz

fermcr

Alot of PC version has denuvo and launchers....dont just use the example above to brush me off.

Last time Diablo 3 is always online on PC. but not for console....

Just wait and see... more and more console games will have DRM's that phone home, even single-player games.

Like Thanos said, It's...

6055997b973bdeafc07e6b6d27936607.jpg

MMaRsu

Banned
I laugh at the edgy writing, but nothing but applause for Empress who's cracked a ton of high profile games. Denuvo is a cancer, the publisher assumes you are a pirate so they put this invasive DRM in the games that not only affects performance, but you get a worse version by buying the game then by pirating it.

MMaRsu

Banned
'dont like it dont buy it'

A nice converstion killer. Bye bro

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
She not even gonna be waiting the 6 months to a year anymore.
Ooooooofffff I guess publishers were eating too nicely looks like we are going back to within 2 weeks cracks.

Fuck Denuvo.
Empress sounds like a whiny petulant bitch 🤷‍♂️
I take it you havent been on NeoGAF long?
Thats literally what every "gamer" sounds like.

I mean have you looked at your own post history?
Read your own posts back to anyone and ask them how much of a whiny petulant bitch that person sounds like.

This post is from today:
I cancelled my preorder due to this.
I honestly thought it would have got a 60fps patch by now.
WAAAA WAAA No 60fps WAAA WAAA Im going to cancel my preorder WAAA WAAA!!!

Glass houses and all that jazz.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
That's a lot of schizo raging but hey, if it helps with fucking up with Denuvo, I'm fine with that.

Guess what, Warner Bros and Capcom can make whatever choices they want and this hacker kid is not entitled to anything. Not their games, with or without Denuvo. This is the most pathetic thing I've seen for a long time.

Last edited:

Sentenza

I knew absolutely nothing about this "Empress" until few days ago and then I read a couple of detailed recaps about her story. Seems a fucking nutjob from head to toes.

As a side note, I'm starting to wonder how long it will take before people will start to use machine learning in some form to crack these DRMs.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
She not even gonna be waiting the 6 months to a year anymore.
Ooooooofffff I guess publishers were eating too nicely looks like we are going back to within 2 weeks cracks.

Fuck Denuvo.

I take it you havent been on NeoGAF long?
Thats literally what every "gamer" sounds like.

I mean have you looked at your own post history?
Read your own posts back to anyone and ask them how much of a whiny petulant bitch that person sounds like.

This post is from today:

WAAAA WAAA No 60fps WAAA WAAA Im going to cancel my preorder WAAA WAAA!!!

Glass houses and all that jazz.

I literally said I cancelled my preorder of Gotham Knights due to no 60fps mode and said I'd happily buy the game otherwise? (In a prior post)

Is that really whining? I don't think so.

I personally like the look of Gotham Knights and I'd happily buy and playthrough it if it got a 60fps update.

But there is no shortage of other great games I can play and enjoy at 60fps currently, so I'm happy to wait if it ever gets an update.

I didn't cuss the game out 🤷‍♂️

I'm pretty positive about games. :)

Sentenza

100% it’s some Russian 15yo boy

nah, indonesian ladyboy
Not sure of who or what she actually is, but for the record when I was doing my reading about her few days ago, I stumbled on an episode where some people accused her to be a "transexual woman" and she took really big offense on it.

And to stress the point that she was "a real woman" she then proceeded to insult both the people making the assumption and every transexual on the planet, calling the former "wimpy faggots" and the latter "tranny degenerates". Or something like that.

She also had some unhinged rants about hating all Indians (and possibly even other ethnic groups. But Indians for sure).

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
And now publishers will push for always online DRM for single player games, gg.
Always online DRM for single player games is even easier to hack than Denuvo.
If the entire game is on disk, as in it isnt actually streaming in new content from the server then thats beans.
You just emulate the response from server the game is expecting.
I take it you are new to the scene?
Alot of always online games have been cracked already.

I literally said I cancelled my preorder of Gotham Knights due to no 60fps mode and said I'd happily buy the game otherwise? (In a prior post)
Is that really whining? I don't think so.
I personally like the look of Gotham Knights and I'd happily buy and playthrough it if it got a 60fps update.
But there is no shortage of other great games I can play and enjoy at 60fps currently, so I'm happy to wait if it ever gets an update.
I didn't cuss the game out 🤷‍♂️
I'm pretty positive about games. :)
oh-sure-john-candy.gif

SSfox

I laugh at the edgy writing, but nothing but applause for Empress who's cracked a ton of high profile games. Denuvo is a cancer, the publisher assumes you are a pirate so they put this invasive DRM in the games that not only affects performance, but you get a worse version by buying the game then by pirating it.
Just remin me there were some rumours that Jimbo was going to put this Denovo trash in ps5

Didn't hear anything about in a while, this better had to be fake.

Sentenza

For any fool out there trying to argue in good faith that "Highly invasive DRM may be annoying but it's a necessarily evil", here's a relevant question:

Have games with Denuvo suddenly started to sell an enormous amounts above the average of comparable titles for budget and appeal?

Most of the recent "success stories" of mega-sellers or surprise hits on PC have been games that didn't come with Denuvo tied in.
And the exceptions who did (like Monster Hunter World) are games that it's genuinely hard to argue with a straight face would have bombed without it.

Some people from time to time love to mention examples of "a friend of a friend who actually bought a game because it could not be pirated".
Yeah, I'm sure it happens. I'm also fairly sure that when you account for:

- people who will now start bitching about it and deliberately boycott the game because of Denuvo
- people who won't have a "chance to try the game" and change their mind about wanting a legit copy
- people who simply will have less chances to hear word of mouth about a game because of "decreased cultural penetration" (their friend, fellow redditor/forum dweller praising the game and suggesting it, etc) that come from being passed around less
- the costs of licensing and implementing the DRM itself

...In the long run the difference doesn't really amount to much, IF it amounts to anything in positive.
not to mention that the number of illegally downloaded games in the last years is on a downward trend even for games that DO have a working crack.

And let's try to list some success stories of the last few years we keep mentioning, ok?

Elden Ring and Cyberpunk are often dismissed as outliers, but what's else sold a lot in the last decade?

Risk of Rain 2 didn't use Denuvo.
Vampire Survivor didn't use Denuvo.
Fall Guy didn't use Denuvo.
Among Us didn't use Denuvo.
Valheim didn't use Denuvo.
V Rising didn't use Denuvo.
No Man's Sky didn't use Denuvo.
Sekiro didn't use Denuvo.
Hollow Knight didn't use Denuvo.
The Witcher 3 didn't use Denuvo.

...You got the point, I'd hope. Tell me again how Denuvo is a "necessity" to become successful on the current market.

sachos

The fact that she actually has the skills to back up all the crazy shit talking is hilarious lmao. But yeah, fuck DRM that does more harm than good to the legit buyer.

Top Bottom