• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famous Cracker Empress Declares War To Warner Bros, Capcom & Denuvo In Its Latest Release

Doczu

My first thought when i read the thread title:

Damn, what did that white woman do to deserve being called a Cracker.

After reading the OP

Oooohhhh...

Yoboman

Commas are important OP

wib0FwM.jpg

Brock2621

I’d love to get DRM decoupled to Hogwarts. When she release a crack, does it uninstall the drm or does it just leave the drm on your drive and simply not activate it upon opening.

I’m nearly 40 and haven’t cracked games in 20 years. Back then it was patched .exe files. No idea how it works today.

Considering that Denuvo has evidently been proven to impact performance, good luck fighting the good cause. I appreciate such efforts.

oshho

Neo Member
I'm really excited about a Hogwarts Legacy crack to check if denuvo really mess up everything, I'm have a 2080 and the game with DLSS and on medium settings runs like crap, It has stuttering every 2-3 minutes, and some random fps drops from 80 to 15 that keeps for a few seconds, it's annoying

I only clicked on this thread because I couldn't wrap my head around the title and wanted to know what a Cracker Empress was. A white empress? An owner of a cracker company? Why would such a person declare war on Capcom and Warner Bros.? Man, my interest was piqued. Not gonna lie, I was disappointed when I found out what was actually going on in here.
On topic, she's doing the lord's work.

Draugoth

Gold Member
A couple months in the future:

Famous Cracker Empress Say Sorry after Declarying War To Warner Bros, Capcom & Denuvo After it's latest release​

But yeah, fuck Denuvo, people are saying the cracked version runs smoothly

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
Does this mean all previous games using this version or prior ones of denuvo can be cracked? Interested in Tony hawk pro skater as it was never released on steam.

Now Resetera PC users will be able to play it without giving up their principles. It's like announcing being on a diet but eating whole cakes in the basement while crying alone.
idk, if you read her most recent statements alongside the hogwarts legacy, its more than enough to make most resetera users melt.

either way, Empress is awesome and is the loopy Denuevo slayer that we all need. She is 100% right about DRM and just renting games. Also, based on her Behaviour, I think she is definitely a she.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
idk, if you read her most recent statements alongside the hogwarts legacy, its more than enough to make most resetera users melt.

either way, Empress is awesome and is the loopy Denuevo slayer that we all need. She is 100% right about DRM and just renting games. Also, based on her Behaviour, I think she is definitely a she.

You do get that she's keeping Denuvo in business, right?

Everytime a crack appears they just release a "new, uncrackable" version which is likely even more intrusive and they get to charge more for it!

Systems like this aren't intended to be permanent solutions. They are stalling tactics used to prevent dilution of initial sales.

Utherellus

This is bullshit - now i regret buying it. I dont support that kinda fuckery.

They better remove denuvo from the game now. Why should legit buyers suffer worse performance than the cracked version ; so stupid.
If they don't remove it, you should consider getting Denuvo-free version.

I know it's grey morals zone, but you already paid and supported devs so... We should always try to get best experience as a customer, if we are able to.

Edit:

Empress version actually fixes stutters, frame drops and freezes, present in original game, hence CPU usage and temps are lower.
She also included PS exclusive content lmao.

Last edited:

Amey

I’d love to get DRM decoupled to Hogwarts. When she release a crack, does it uninstall the drm or does it just leave the drm on your drive and simply not activate it upon opening.

I’m nearly 40 and haven’t cracked games in 20 years. Back then it was patched .exe files. No idea how it works today.
Still a patched exe + steam emulator. Whereas older DRMs called home once at the start, Denuvo calls home randomly as well as on fixed triggers received from the game. Each of these triggers is bypassed inside the cracked exe.

Klik

I downloaded Hogwarts from Empress just to compare to my copy that i bought from Steam.

This is crazy.

I have RTX 3060ti.
In steam version on 1440p/high with DLSS Quality i get around 80fps.

On Empress version on same 1440p/high DLSS Quality i get almost 100fps.

Wtf..thats 25% increase

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Lmao I knew this would happen. Better performance on cracked game.

0xEmpress for the win.
Lets hope she doesnt go the way of CPY cuz we need as many people fucking up Denuvo as possible to make publishers doubt its worth.

And she even said the new versions of Denuvo are actively making games run worse.

And now we have proof.

FUCK DENUVO!!!!!

P.S
GTX1060 hitting 60fps

But everyone told me we need to spend 2000 dollars to play these games?

Last edited:

Sakura

How is it that in the entire world there is only 1 rando actually capable/willing to crack these games?

Anyway it is crazy if getting rid of Denuvo actually gives a performance boost like this. Might have to try it out for myself.

GymWolf

Atomic heart looks and run better than 95% of games and has denuvo.

Is it a shitty practise to put denuvo on games? Sure. (I mean i can understand their reasons behind)

But let's not act like good games are ruined by it, the majority of games that run like shit with denuvo would run almost as shitty even without it.

If a russian team at their first big game can make a game that looks and run like AH, there is no fucking denuvo excuse that other devs can use, sorry.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

How is it that in the entire world there is only 1 rando actually capable/willing to crack these games?

Anyway it is crazy if getting rid of Denuvo actually gives a performance boost like this. Might have to try it out for myself.

She went in on it a while ago, she told everybody basically gets paid or hired by denuvo that can crack it, she basically is against it so bad she doesn't care but still asks fee's for her cracking skills. I also think there is less and less interest in cracked versions in general for pirated versions.

MMaRsu

Banned
You do get that she's keeping Denuvo in business, right?

Everytime a crack appears they just release a "new, uncrackable" version which is likely even more intrusive and they get to charge more for it!

Systems like this aren't intended to be permanent solutions. They are stalling tactics used to prevent dilution of initial sales.
Wrong

MMaRsu

Banned
This is bullshit - now i regret buying it. I dont support that kinda fuckery.

They better remove denuvo from the game now. Why should legit buyers suffer worse performance than the cracked version ; so stupid.
Thats why the DRM is shit, and we hate publishers who implement it. Legitimate buyers get worse performance.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
What's the legality of buying the game and using the crack for better performance?
You already own the game.
Do whatever you want.

Atomic heart looks and run better than 95% of games and has denuvo.

Is it a shitty practise to put denuvo on games? Sure. (I mean i can understand their reasons behind)

But let's not act like good games are ruined by it, the majority of games that run like shit with denuvo would run almost as shitty even without it.

If a russian team at their first big game can make a game that looks and run like AH, there is no fucking denuvo excuse that other devs can use, sorry.
Atomic Heart running on 4 "e-cores" isnt going to run amazingly while Denuvo is also running.
Get rid of Denuvo and those cores have alot more headroom.

With newer highpowered CPUs its not particularly worthwhile.
But for people with older CPUs it makes a huge difference.

You can test it yourself.
Park all your cores cept for 4 ecores and see how the games run with and without Denuvo.
Denuvo isnt a "free" cost on the CPU....its just that newer CPUs are fast and powerful enough it barely makes a difference.

P.S
The ecores in AlderLake and Raptorlake are about as powerful as the full cores in SkyLake and KabyLake.
And those CPUs arent exactly old old and still pretty popular in gaming rigs to this day.

Top Bottom