• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Merge of Discovery and Warner Bros. renders PlayStation licensing agreement worthless. (Up: new licensing agreement, shows will not be removed)

rapid32.5

Newsflash, you don’t own any digital stuff. They are just selling you the license to view/play it. Once that license is up, like this one, kiss your digital goodbye.

And before anyone says its the same with physical, its not. Goodluck coming to my house and pry it away from me unless you have a death wish.
Ok, but licenses have expiration date, in Sony’s case, they should have indicated it or will get their asses sued. You don’t see windows or OS magically vanishing from your hardware.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

The way I see it, and I'm sure many are, because its happening on Playstation platform, the blame will fall on Sony regardless whatever licensing shit is happening in the background.

Sony deserved all the backlash and I hope they get sued for it.

demigod

Ok, but licenses have expiration date, in Sony’s case, they should have indicated it or will get their asses sued. You don’t see windows or OS magically vanishing from your hardware.
Totally different scenarios. Windows comes with desktops and laptops. There would be lawsuits if it got removed.

I kind of always assumed this was the case. That there just needed to be some kind of last-minute agreement behind the scenes, and then people would be able to keep their purchased content. It just shouldn't have ever come to that to begin with. Really unfortunate they were so close to removing people's purchased/owned content. That's a scary world I do not want to live in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom