• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atomic Heart: A Dev Build Of The Game Has Leaked

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yes?
Russia is controlling gas availability and price. Russians were hoping for nato to freeze to death. Thankfully we had really warm winter.

And prices went sky high for all fuels from Russia. Contracts or not.
So yea. Terrorising.
And yea. I can have an agenda for Russians. They were occupying Poland for 50 years after war. We are still Years behind western countries because of that.

And yet I am not putting that against the game. It is made by civilians but company founders are shady.
Fellow european here fuck russia 🤠👋
Not really the devs fault tho 🥲

Last edited:

chromhound

Sheila Canning Laughing GIF by Neighbours (Official TV Show account)

Jayjayhd34

Got hold of it (I’ve already got gamepass so only playing early so chill) apart from odd sound glitch performance is really good graphics are amazing playing at 4k bit slow start no action in first 30 minutes so far.

DragonNCM

Lmao you think Nato is an angel ”poor little Nato” 🤣🤣how many wars have Nato started or been involved in?

You clearly are trying your hardest to blame this team for something they have absolutly nothing to do with i mean you even had to go there…
”Poland being occupied for 50 years”

Your hate for russia is clearly blinding your judgement, that any game made by people from Russia you will automatically hate on.

Also look up what the word terrorizing mean. Higher fuel prices is not
”terrorizing” your reaching here and people with a brain know exaclty what your trying to do.
But.....they are good for democracy !!! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

mdkirby

I can separate the art from the artist. I have no objections to the game itself and think it's nonsense when people claim it's Russian propaganda.
However, I find Mundfish's standing difficult, as they don't position themselves clearly, standing between the chairs and thus trying to please everyone. This is understandable in this situation, since they don't want to upset either the western buyers or the Russian government, but I think it's inappropriate and also a bit cowardly. The company is based in Cyprus and could take a stand, but keeps its tweets vague and very general.

I have decided not to buy the game for this reason, yet this leak is not something you wish happento a developer who has put a lot of heart and soul into a project.
The game is also funded by Gazprom, is thematically dripping in soviet exceptionalism and imperialism, mundfish has blocked people for questioning their stance on the war, and hired known Russian hyper nationalists (I believe one of the musicians if I recall correctly).

I’m also conflicted, this would certainly be one way to play it without contributing to the genocide.

That said, I’m a gamespass subscriber, and microsoft would have paid them long ago to lock this in, so my money has already been spent to aid the russian war machine. That being the case my current plan is “play it for free” on gamespass, and donate £70 to Ukraine.

hyperbertha

I can separate the art from the artist. I have no objections to the game itself and think it's nonsense when people claim it's Russian propaganda.
However, I find Mundfish's standing difficult, as they don't position themselves clearly, standing between the chairs and thus trying to please everyone. This is understandable in this situation, since they don't want to upset either the western buyers or the Russian government, but I think it's inappropriate and also a bit cowardly. The company is based in Cyprus and could take a stand, but keeps its tweets vague and very general.

I have decided not to buy the game for this reason, yet this leak is not something you wish happento a developer who has put a lot of heart and soul into a project.
Its their livelihood. The neutral stance is the only logical stance they can take. Judging them for it is abysmally bad imo.

Sygma

Ubisoft's 'Far Cry formula with puzzles and no blood ? looks pretty bad structure / gameplay wise as expected

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
Speaking out about the Russian war as a Russian has extremely negative impact for your family and in some cases even friends. So not being able to speak out is only logical. Noone wants a visit from the FSB.

People seem eager to forget this.

Eiknarf

I'm interested in the reviews before committing. I love the shit out of bioshock/wolfenstein but I stopped pre-ordereding. Got be cautious these days.
Bioshock changed my view on gaming back when it came out. Im kinda bored of it now cuz I played it so much back in the day, and it’s clunky by today’s standards- but I hope this is as good. I mean, it should technically play and feel better as it’s 2023 and on current gen consoles (PS5). We are no longer in the PS3 days

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
Speaking out about the Russian war as a Russian has extremely negative impact for your family and in some cases even friends. So not being able to speak out is only logical. Noone wants a visit from the FSB.

People seem eager to forget this.

I mean people are easily brainwashed by the media. Simple things that usually are easy to understand becomes complex all of a sudden.

That’s why we say that the one who controlls the media controlls the world.

We even have some NPC’s in this thread that want the team behind Atomic Heart to speak out against the war not thinking about the consequences they will face just to make some nerds on the internet happy. Madness!!

drotahorror

The game is also funded by Gazprom, is thematically dripping in soviet exceptionalism and imperialism, mundfish has blocked people for questioning their stance on the war, and hired known Russian hyper nationalists (I believe one of the musicians if I recall correctly).

I’m also conflicted, this would certainly be one way to play it without contributing to the genocide.

That said, I’m a gamespass subscriber, and microsoft would have paid them long ago to lock this in, so my money has already been spent to aid the russian war machine. That being the case my current plan is “play it for free” on gamespass, and donate £70 to Ukraine.

This is hilarious.

Anyway, didn't the devs pretty much make no comment on the situation? They're russian devs so it totally makes sense.

Hope the game is good, been playin Bioshock here and there lately and this looks like it'll scratch that itch in one way or another.

Denuvo is lame, glad it's on gamepass.

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Game looks good. Fuck the leakers. Looking forward to it.

And while my country is neutral in this war (as it should be), I personally find hilarious some sanctimonious sermons coming from NATO countries. You've been doing this genocide thing since 100s of years. Suddenly its all about democracy and morals and what not for you? I would have had far more respect for them if they didnt make this about morals as if they have any leg to stand on (and they would've done the same thing if it was Russia on their doorstep, ala cuban missile crisis). Of course you are free to fight Russia for your reasons and its politics after all, but I hate when they pass sermons to neutral countries. Its like 'you are with us or against us'. No we arent. We have nothing to do with this and west/Europe isnt the world. To me both sides seem equally brainwashed and war-mongering.

Anyway enough rant. I got triggered because of a video of a US professor lecturing my country to 'get off the fense' about this and then I come here and see posts about this shit again. Enjoy the game y'all.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
bad writing.. edgelord level stuff. Duke nukem style things cool when you are 14
same damn enemies
dog shit battle mechanics it makes Calisto protocol look like tony hawk 2.
very inconsistent looking gfx. (cod games have this)
did i say melee is fucking broken and boring in fps games and devs should really fucking stop doing this?
this is a poormans bioshock.. actually go buy the bioshock collection on steam and forget this shit was ever a thing.

good points
amazing looking environments, no joke Titanfall 2 level set pieces what a colossal waste of talent this is.. wait Calisto protocol was the same.
all looks no depth

Last edited:

Sacred

I mean people are easily brainwashed by the media. Simple things that usually are easy to understand becomes complex all of a sudden.

That’s why we say that the one who controlls the media controlls the world.

We even have some NPC’s in this thread that want the team behind Atomic Heart to speak out against the war not thinking about the consequences they will face just to make some nerds on the internet happy. Madness!!
People so focused on themselves, their opinions, and general public opinion. They don't care about the consequences for others or what they are going through.

Perfect quote from the Joker: No one thinks what is like to be someone other then themselves.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
bad writing.. edgelord level stuff. Duke nukem style things cool when you are 14
same damn enemies
did i say melee is fucking broken and boring in fps games and devs should really fucking stop doing this?
this is a poormans bioshock.. actually go buy the bioshock collection on steam and forget this shit was ever a thing.

good points
amazing looking environments, no joke Titanfall 2 level set pieces what a colossal waste of talent this is.. wait Calisto protocol was the same.
all looks no depth
Ah that's a shame.

Still looking forward to this because Mick Gordon and if anything it boasts an original art style that will be a nice palate cleanser from all the retro shooters I've played recently. I was never going to buy this on release anyway because I still have many other games to get to and Scars Above also releases later this month which, after having played the demo, I'm very excited for.

same damn enemies

good points
all looks no depth
But most of these issues - edgelord writing, bullet spongey enemies, fps melee - that’s all from videos - it may not be your type of game. Have you played it?

Last edited:

Eiknarf

But most of these issues - edgelord writing, bullet spongey enemies, fps melee - that’s all from videos - it may not be your type of game. Have you played it?
Is melee just better in 3rd person?

What if they made Atomic Heart a third person game?

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Looking forward to playing this, so I'm not going to bother pirating it or watching videos. I have it pre-loaded on my PC and Steam Deck. GP PC says it unlocks 2/20 at 9PM PST. Don't know if it's official, but a release time map I saw showed it as not being a simultaneous global release, but instead midnight in each region. Usually that means you can "take a trip to New Zealand" and play the game way earlier in the day.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Ah that's a shame.

Still looking forward to this because Mick Gordon and if anything it boasts an original art style that will be a nice palate cleanser from all the retro shooters I've played recently. I was never going to buy this on release anyway because I still have many other games to get to and Scars Above also releases later this month which, after having played the demo, I'm very excited for.
Oh shit! Never heard of Scars Above. Thanks to your post, I got that on my radar

Mozzarella

you can make up your own mind next week :messenger_ok:
Have you played it? or you are basing this on gameplay videos?
I know you recommended Bioshock which is a game i really like, but it also has the same enemies over and over and melee in the game is weird.
Also not every FPS with a side magical ability is automatically Bioshock. Bioshock didnt invent the genre and based from what i have seen Atomic Heart appears to have puzzles, a thing that Bioshock lacks.

Sure it seems to be inspired by Bioshock and probably Half Life too, but that doesnt mean its shit.
Are you a fan of FPS anyway? I know some gamers dont like First Person view and thats valid, but for everyone who likes the genre this game appears to be interesting to say the least, so i dont know, unless you played it and are willing to explain in detail.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
same damn enemies

good points
all looks no depth
This is how it feels since first gameplay trailers. Clunky melee combat and gigachad protagonist who looks like the usual Instagram gymlord.
But man, the setting. I will check it in gp

Last edited:

Eiknarf

I was looking forward to this—- so if it ends up being not good, what do I look forward to?
Maybe Scars Above? Which I learned about just today!!!

thatJohann

I wanted to play this for the graphics and gameplay but the more I read about the cringe duke nukem style dialogue the more turned off I get. Will wait on reviews but sounds like a pass.

Yes?
Russia is controlling gas availability and price. Russians were hoping for nato to freeze to death. Thankfully we had really warm winter.

And prices went sky high for all fuels from Russia. Contracts or not.
So yea. Terrorising.

actually nobody is terrorising europe, the problem is that europe freezes any euro transaction to gazprom, in fact they froze russia's money in europe(around 300k million euros) so gazprom receives no money for selling gas to europe because europe refuses to give the money to them(some european countries even take euros from russian tourists when they return to russia), so gazprom now only accept rubles in russian banks for their gas so europe cannot stop transactions, then europe said they wont pay rubles for the gas insisting they will only pay in euros but also stoping any transaction to russia essentially asking gazprom to give them gas for free, gazprom said nyet, and that is why europe is buying russian gas from india and china with extra cost that europeans have to pay, other gas producers sold everything already to china and india so even with the extra cost there is not enough gas, that is why USA is now friends with maduro in venezulea and you dont hear complains about iranian tankers turning off their transponders

Last edited:
actually nobody is terrorising europe, the problem is that europe freezes any euro transaction to gazprom, in fact they froze russia's money in europe(around 300k million euros) so gazprom receives no money for selling gas to europe

You mean 300 billion?

Or was it 300 million thousand?

:messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
I was looking forward to this—- so if it ends up being not good, what do I look forward to?
Maybe Scars Above? Which I learned about just today!!!
Dig through Gamepass a bit. Guarantee you there’s something you’re not enjoying that you should

unlurkified

In
Game looks good. Fuck the leakers. Looking forward to it.

And while my country is neutral in this war (as it should be), I personally find hilarious some sanctimonious sermons coming from NATO countries. You've been doing this genocide thing since 100s of years. Suddenly its all about democracy and morals and what not for you? I would have had far more respect for them if they didnt make this about morals as if they have any leg to stand on (and they would've done the same thing if it was Russia on their doorstep, ala cuban missile crisis). Of course you are free to fight Russia for your reasons and its politics after all, but I hate when they pass sermons to neutral countries. Its like 'you are with us or against us'. No we arent. We have nothing to do with this and west/Europe isnt the world. To me both sides seem equally brainwashed and war-mongering.

Anyway enough rant. I got triggered because of a video of a US professor lecturing my country to 'get off the fense' about this and then I come here and see posts about this shit again. Enjoy the game y'all.
India?

Yeah, I don’t think there should be any controversy around purchasing this game. And, I don’t think the devs deserve any flak just for being Russian. If governments want to levy sanctions, that’s their prerogative but I don’t think regular citizens should be all of a sudden anti-everything that’s Russian.

The game definitely looks promising. Crossing my fingers that it’ll run decently on consoles. English VO’s seem pretty cringe though.

I’m reading mixed things, most impressions I’ve seen are saying it’s really good but then there’s some outliers saying it’s horrendous.

I can tell by the video the main guys dialogue sucks - reminds me of cyberpunk - so I will be having subtitles and Russian VO. The enemies do look like bullet sponges and and the melee seems to be a big thing - none of which I particularly mind in a game like this.

I guess it’s a wait and see thing, but I also feel there are a lot of people who WANT this to fail hard. Either it’s the Russia thing or something else. But wasn’t there a news story a few months ago saying this was a fake game entirely? The conversation around it is weird.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Either it’s the Russia thing or something else. But wasn’t there a news story a few months ago saying this was a fake game entirely? The conversation around it is weird.
Iirc, there was a leak on Era saying the development was very troubled and every preview was fake gameplay or something like that.

Powerpyx also announced they are not going to make a guide for Atomic Heart because the game is a miserable experience.

Scroll down in the comments:

PowerPyx says

February 18, 2023 at 1:17 pm

For anyone waiting: Atomic Heart Trophy Guide is canceled.
The game is a miserable experience and has a lot that makes it frustrating to do guide stuff. The map for the game is terrible and there’s no good way to even list everything to make sense with the horrid map. Some trophies aren’t tracking and there’s no way of knowing if something is just glitched or not supposed to track. Areas aren’t named and there’s no in-game tracking or anything to be able to make a guide. It’s just a mess.
It’s a dire experience as some of the game designs are just poor, plus really frustrating glitches that just make it a chore to play.

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
In

India?

Yeah, I don’t think there should be any controversy around purchasing this game. And, I don’t think the devs deserve any flak just for being Russian. If governments want to levy sanctions, that’s their prerogative but I don’t think regular citizens should be all of a sudden anti-everything that’s Russian.

The game definitely looks promising. Crossing my fingers that it’ll run decently on consoles. English VO’s seem pretty cringe though.

Yeah.

Top Bottom