• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mundfish is already planning a sequel to Atomic Heart

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Atomic-Heart.jpg

Journalist and blogger Aleksey Makarenkov released a new video in which he said that he talked with the developers of Atomic Heart and was able to get a comment from them regarding the sales of the game and some information about the studio’s future plans.

The developers replied that they were not ready to share information about sales now, but they were already preparing a “mass news feed” on this topic .

At the moment, the developers are busy with the previously planned DLC. In addition, according to him, the studio has confirmed that it is already planning a second Atomic Heart, and with a very high probability a sequel will take place.

Makarenkov also learned from two of his credible sources at VK Play that sales of the game through the Russian platform “by a good margin” recouped the costs of how much VK had spent on rights and promotion . He notes that these sources must have access to such data, so information with a large share of information may be correct.

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
Sign me up. It's a fantastic game and I'm sure Atomic Heart 2 will be, even better. Atomic Heart is not without it's flaws and it has some issues. Also if you want to put me in an open-world between 'dungeons'. At least give me something to do other than just look at how nice it is.

I think they did well with Atomic Heart and I am looking forward to the DLC and the sequel. Dev did a fantastic job.

Boycott of this and Harry Potter sure did a fantastic job:messenger_beaming::messenger_beaming::messenger_beaming:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The art, graphics, unique setting, frequent puzzles, bosses are all great. The open world part is not great with constant regen enemies, the UI has some issues, and the story is a little confusing at times. But I've been consistently shocked by how many elements they completely nailed. Soundtrack is great as well.

Warablo

I kinda stopped at the first roly poly boss outside, but enjoyed the atmosphere.

Need to re-learn to play it on PC vs console, because the controls are awful on controller.

Last edited:

yamaci17

amazing game, story is open to interpretation with that ending. has great potential! great and detailed lore too.

with more open variety their combat mechanics will shine even more!

Ozriel

M$FT
Wow they think this game is good to deserve a sequel? damn

Sequels/franchises are usually determined by sales and market performance, not by reviews (e.g. multiple Transformers movies). You can always try to fix the issues with the game in the sequel, but there’s no fixing abysmal sales.

oji-san

Banned
Very good news, i like every aspect of the game, what i hope for is that later in the game you aren't so powerful that combat becomes too easy, other than that it's all awesome.

oji-san

Banned
It's among my most hyped games already. They crushed it. The bosses in Atomic Heart put every other FPS to shame. Hedge? The snake? It's not even close. AAAA type shit. Destiny and Halo, why can't you fat rich fucks have bosses this good?
I have an issue with that, only Hedgie gave me a proper feeling of great encounter, by the time i finished him i was out of all meds and the whole encounter was great, but the other bosses while had a very cool design were to me at least, playing on normal.. easy, too easy, didn't die in any of the bosses, and that's a shame, and didn't even feel like they were any challenge, you become so powerful at mid game, unlike how you start the game, when all robots feels tough, i wish in the sequel they will do some tweeks and make more challenging combat in the later parts of the game.

Xtib81

Good game and amazing feat for a first attempt but now that I've finished it, I have no desire to play it again.

Good first attempt. The flaws are really apparent once you get to the open world, they would do well to learn from peers for that.

Also, things are not communicated well to the user, ex: how to use a bloody cattridge holy shit, how stealth works in the open world, what is the purpose of all this test chambers; yet some stuff are over-explained.

Art direction is top tier though.

simpatico

I have an issue with that, only Hedgie gave me a proper feeling of great encounter, by the time i finished him i was out of all meds and the whole encounter was great, but the other bosses while had a very cool design were to me at least, playing on normal.. easy, too easy, didn't die in any of the bosses, and that's a shame, and didn't even feel like they were any challenge, you become so powerful at mid game, unlike how you start the game, when all robots feels tough, i wish in the sequel they will do some tweeks and make more challenging combat in the later parts of the game.
The difficulty could use tweaking on some, but keep in mind Mundfish is small and new. The visuals on some of the set pieces and bosses look a full generation ahead of any other FPS gameplay I've seen, Hedge just proved they're decently interactive. Big hopes for AH2. Little more experience, a lot more money, could be an amazing release.

I'm quite early on in the game, and I quite like the aesthetic, the combat etc...

I have two issues, however.

First, the unfathomably long intro, where it's upwards of 10 minutes before you actually gain any real control and get to start exploring and fighting.
Second, on pc game pass at least, there seems to be an issue with the cursor drifting and causing problems interacting with menus.
It is frustrating and usually ends up working through trial and error or just plain luck.
To a lesser extent, the FoV slider being under the gameplay tab and not the graphics and display tab, meant for the first hour of the game I was playing at default FoV.

Hardly the biggest thing, but it was something I initially missed nonetheless.
I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with performance, which is very respectable - it's a well optimised game.
Though, there is a very strange, almost imperceptible, but not quite, kind of stuttering that makes 120 FPS feel a little jittery and lacking smoothness, and screen tearing is noticeable at times as well.

I'm going to wait a while and reserve judgement until I can experience the open world section, some of the puzzles, and other enemies, before I commit to finishing it, coming back another time, or ignoring it.

Top Bottom