• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atomic Heart: A Dev Build Of The Game Has Leaked

Stuart360

Guys anyone know what time the game unlocks UK time on Gamepas?.
I dont really want to judge the game from a 4 month old dev build.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Guys anyone know what time the game unlocks UK time on Gamepas?.
I dont really want to judge the game from a 4 month old dev build.
set xbox to NZ and play it the earliest..
i always did this

i hope that dev build is 4 months old :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
This isn't good, now they are just fucking over the devs who made the game and don't make the decisions.

Hopefully they catch the person leaking this stuff, it isn't cool, especially right before release too.

Last edited:

Tommi84

”Poland being occupied for 50 years”
The last soviet soldiers left Poland in 1992 (or 1993, can't recall) . Almost 50 years after the WW2 ended. There were more than FIFTY FIVE THOUSAND russian soldiers in Poland and we were technically under USSR rule. We WERE russian satelite state and almost EVERYTHING that happended in Poland up until 1989, was approved by your, Russian, government, regardless of how you will twist the history.

The producers of Atomic Heart will NEVER receive a dime out of my pocket.

GHG

Iirc, there was a leak on Era saying the development was very troubled and every preview was fake gameplay or something like that.

Powerpyx also announced they are not going to make a guide for Atomic Heart because the game is a miserable experience.

Scroll down in the comments:

[/URL]

Don't care about achievements, don't care about guides, hate handholdy game elements.

I might actually enjoy this provided the gameplay mechanics are solid.

Don't care about achievements, don't care about guides, hate handholdy game elements.

I might actually enjoy this provided the gameplay mechanics are solid.

Same. Obscure might be part of its charm however I was skeptical every since the day they announced it. Looked too good to be true for a team in russia? that never made games before and even with its impending release I still have so many doubts about it. Curious to see some impression from gaf members who loved Prey or Bioshock games.

kuncol02

Banned
Iirc, there was a leak on Era saying the development was very troubled and every preview was fake gameplay or something like that.

Powerpyx also announced they are not going to make a guide for Atomic Heart because the game is a miserable experience.

Scroll down in the comments:

[/URL]

I heard from coworker whose friend worked on it in September that everything shown is basically fake and game is unplayable.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
The last soviet soldiers left Poland in 1992 (or 1993, can't recall) . Almost 50 years after the WW2 ended. There were more than FIFTY FIVE THOUSAND russian soldiers in Poland and we were technically under USSR rule. We WERE russian satelite state and almost EVERYTHING that happended in Poland up until 1989, was approved by your, Russian, government, regardless of how you will twist the history.

The producers of Atomic Heart will NEVER receive a dime out of my pocket.
Here was the same.

Post unrelated:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
It's unlocked on PC Game Pass if you set region to Kiribati.
I think this works, thanks mate! Currently downloading the game and it said "install" instead of "preinstall".

For those interested, just change the region in the Windows settings. Easy peasy.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Tried it for a while. My specs are a 5800X, 3070 and 16GB of RAM. Tired the game with all settings at MAX, DLSS quality and 1440p resolution. I disabled motion blur because I'm not a pleb.

Cons: stutters, many. Also some blurry textures.
Pros: everything else? I was liking that intro a lot, devs have put a lot of care into this. The MC seems like a cool guy, making silly jokes here and there.

Won't play any further, will wait for a patch for those stutters, but the game seems promising so far.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Episode 4 Luke GIF by Star Wars

GymWolf

Tried it for a while. My specs are a 5800X, 3070 and 16GB of RAM. Tired the game with all settings at MAX, DLSS quality and 1440p resolution. I disabled motion blur because I'm not a pleb.

Pros: everything else? I was liking that intro a lot, devs have put a lot of care into this. The MC seems like a cool guy, making silly jokes here and there.

Won't play any further, will wait for a patch for those stutters, but the game seems promising so far.
The game should have shader compiling when you start.

TintoConCasera

The game should have shader compiling when you start.
Who knows, could be a problem on my end. I didn't notice the game precompiling shaders, and I got many stutters during the intro sequence whenever I took a few steps forward or entered some new room. While that wasn't happening the game was running smooth as butter.

TintoConCasera

Any way to force DX11 on Gamepass games on PC? I know you can with Steam, but no clue about GP.

M1987

What frames are you getting,and did you use RT?

Mahnmut

Tried it very briefly and it's stuttering like a mofo (i9 9900k + 4070ti).
Maybe is there some day 1 patch not pushed yet in my region (I did the NZ trick) ?

EDIT : Apparently the rumor was true : it was an older version uploaded at first (at least on GP). Later, I had a 66go update and the game compiled shaders at start and no more stutter. The game is running great on "Atomic" settings.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
It really does look that good.....fighting feels more dead island and far cry like people are saying moreso than Bioshock.

Its an unoptimized build. No wonder it stutters

Its also not balanced so enemy will be bullet spongy

GymWolf

I think you are talking about the leaked footage that was a month old.

Tinto is playing the final game without day one patch (not sure if there is one)

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I was trying the Gamepass version, used the trick posted earlier to unlock it a bit early.

What frames are you getting,and did you use RT?
Didn't see any RT settings. :goog_relieved:
Didn't check the framerate, it was a quick test since I'm still "at work", sorry.

Dafuq? that simple line make such a huge change?
Yeah, DX11 manages all that stuff about shader compilations on it's own at a higher level, instead of how DX12 works which is rellying on the devs to handle it at a low level.

So far the intro is great. Already i can feel how amazing the soundtrack is going to be.
How's your performance? Any stutters?

Last edited:

GymWolf

I was trying the Gamepass version, used the trick posted earlier to unlock it a bit early.

Didn't see any RT settings. :goog_relieved:
Didn't check the framerate, it was a quick test since I'm still "at work", sorry.

Yeah, DX11 manages all that stuff about shader compilations on it's own at a higher level, instead of how DX12 works which is rellying on the devs to handle it at a low level.

How's your performance? Any stutters?
But you can't use dlss and rtx with dx11 right?

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Let's just hope these developers are smart enough to include a mandatory or optional shader precompile before we start the game.

Top Bottom