• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atomic Heart: A Dev Build Of The Game Has Leaked

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Lmao you think Nato is an angel ”poor little Nato” 🤣🤣how many wars have Nato started or been involved in?

You clearly are trying your hardest to blame this team for something they have absolutly nothing to do with i mean you even had to go there…
”Poland being occupied for 50 years”

Your hate for russia is clearly blinding your judgement, that any game made by people from Russia you will automatically hate on.

Also look up what the word terrorizing mean. Higher fuel prices is not
”terrorizing” your reaching here and people with a brain know exaclty what your trying to do.
It was very clear what he was saying and even clearer when he commented on your lame attack, but you can't let go of your wrong assumption and instead have to come back with a poorly thought out argument for why you were right all along. What did you read one word then immediately google for an argument before finishing the sentence he wrote? It must be fun working with you in real life. It is a really pathetic argument tactic. People with a brain realize when they made a mistake and backpedal instead of pulling more rancid shit out of their assholes for some pathetic online attack.

Our house is 100% electric and we lost power when the temps dropped to 9F overnight. I was a fucking mess. I kept loading the fire and watching the temps drop. I was worried that my kids would be cold and that my fish and turtles would die, but I knew things would be fixed in a day. Oh and my backdoor neighbor was rushed to the hospital/coroner at 2AM and that did not help.

I wouldn't call it terror in my case, but if I was poor and fuel was hard to afford at normal prices, I could see winter being extremely stressful if I was, and even more frightening and awful when the cost of fuel spikes. And since there are a lot of poor, that fear is multiplied and it could easily be considered a form of terrorism. The broad meaning of terrorism is to use fear to push your political agenda. Fuel price gouging in winter creates a lot of fear and anger, and all of that lovely shit which could lead to political tension to end the war. It might not fit your simplistic view of terrorism only being some Muslim with a bomb, but it is a much more intelligent way to look at something than what you are presenting.

FFS you can't even take the time to capitalize "Russia" or "NATO" and act like you have knowledge to back your argument. You are the type of person that makes the internet suck, nothing but ignorant hate being directed at people because they share opinions that trigger you. My guess is that you did this to yourself with a steady diet of hate media.

Denton

NZ worked.

There is some shader cache stutter as fucking usual with UE, but god damn it looks gorgeous and runs 4K, DLSS quality, all maxed at 60 on 3080Ti. First 10 minute impressions is great.

I tried both EN and RU voice acting and like both. But will probably use RU, the american just sounds out of place.

NZ worked.

There is some shader cache stutter as fucking usual with UE, but god damn it looks gorgeous and runs 4K, DLSS quality, all maxed at 60 on 3080Ti. First 10 minute impressions is great.

I tried both EN and RU voice acting and like both. But will probably use RU, the american just sounds out of place.

Is there a fov slider?

fatmarco

The game is flawless so far on Series X. I really hope people give this game a chance because you can see the sheer amount of work that's gone into this game.

The graphics are incredible. Arguably the best looking game out right now at least from the opening 30-40 mins imo.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Official new gameplay from gameinformer

(Paraphrased)
- So what do you think of the game so far?
- Well..
[sounds like he's trying to push a hard one out] I don't have everything yet... ......It's fine... I guess... Yeahhhh.., it's ok - It's ok.. ..It's from a smaller team.., so in that sense... I have a decent time with it.. *splash*

Doesn't sound too promising does it..

Edit: TBF at the end they said they had a net positive impression so far even though "the gameplay didn't excite".

Last edited:

fatmarco

Major issue with the game is the subtitles system. You can't make the subtitles larger, at least on console, and the subtitles are tiny and sit above the speakers head,and don't rescale based on proximity or anything.

Makes playing in the Russian dub pretty pointless at the moment. The English dub isn't as awful as the trailers suggested though which is a relief.

Not that I noticed, but I assume ini files can do that. FoV seemed fine to me though.

A PC reviewer said it doesnt and its very narrow. FFS. I'll wait for a patch then or will see if there are configs for it. Still unsure if I should buy it and play it now.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Official new gameplay from gameinformer

Thanks for this.

The YouTuber guys sound like they think it's around a 7 out of 10... based on their reactions.

I mean, is there any first-person game where the melee is as good as third-person melee ?

Last edited:

Stuart360

Watching CohhCarnage play the proper release, and thankfully it looks like they fixed the loading stutter with the full release.

M1987

NZ worked.

How do you change the region on PC?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
How do you change the region on PC?
On windows 10 at least it's very easy.

1. Select Start > Settings > Time & Language > Language & Region.
  2. Under Country or region, select your new region.
  3. You can switch back to your original region at any time.
Just make sure to have GP app closed before you do this.

Last edited:

M1987

Need to figure out how to use my controller,but the beginning of the game looks incredible.It will probably drop,but I'm getting 50-60ps everything maxed out in 4k on my 6800,so I think I could easily get a locked 60 with FSR

sainraja

I don't understand the point in being political over this. There is a lot of bad shit happening in this world and you can probably find lots of links between multiple different parties. The only way to take a real stand would be to try to do something that does not involve continuing to play any type of games lol.

Puscifer

The Big Lebowski Milk GIF by Working Title

Never Trust anime avatars from a questionable forum.
I love people are laugh reacting but I'm not shitting you that anime profile pic MFs are some of the most dangerous "hackers" on the Internet.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The last soviet soldiers left Poland in 1992 (or 1993, can't recall) . Almost 50 years after the WW2 ended. There were more than FIFTY FIVE THOUSAND russian soldiers in Poland and we were technically under USSR rule. We WERE russian satelite state and almost EVERYTHING that happended in Poland up until 1989, was approved by your, Russian, government, regardless of how you will twist the history.

The producers of Atomic Heart will NEVER receive a dime out of my pocket.
I always say "yeah but civilians matters are not goverment"
Then I watch some 1420 russian channel with the guy asking people on the street stuff. Seems like they either hate west, wish them all to die or straight up agree with putin and want ukraine dead too... like fkn cmon.
It's only a yt channel but Russian people have centuries of propaganda brainwashing. And if even young believe it... with access to the internet, then you see it's working.
WE are still good 20 years behind wester countries because of ussr occupation and sadly Putin wants ussr back.
And yes. I am also polish, born in free, post soviet poland in 1989.

I find it crazy that people boycott fucking hogwarts because a man is not a woman but not even a hint on this.
not that I am for boycott. I don't care

Last edited:

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Indeed there's an update on PC, downloading 66.9 GB over the 50 I already had. Game size is now 74.7 GB.
It now has DLSS dlls : version 3.1.1 and DLSSG 1.0.3.

It now has shaders compilation on start, great.

EDIT : still no RT settings though, Nvidia showed an RTX trailer, weird.
Looks like the water is just using a mix of screen space and duplicated geometry or something like that, some dynamic objects are not reflected, but other reflective surface like cars and interiors seems to use SSR and no RT.
Or there is a bit of RT on water but no settings ? Really weird.

Last edited:

oji-san

Banned
The game is flawless so far on Series X. I really hope people give this game a chance because you can see the sheer amount of work that's gone into this game.

The graphics are incredible. Arguably the best looking game out right now at least from the opening 30-40 mins imo.
Thank you for the input, may i ask you couple of questions?
I downloaded it on XSX Game Pass version about a week ago at 79 GB, then 2-3 days ago an update at 43 GB, i think my version is 1.0.0 or something like that... did you download another update? and how big? i really want to play this when i'm back from work.
And another question.. is it indeed 60fps on Series X?
Thank you. :)

fatmarco

Thank you for the input, may i ask you couple of questions?
I downloaded it on XSX Game Pass version about a week ago at 79 GB, then 2-3 days ago an update at 43 GB, i think my version is 1.0.0 or something like that... did you download another update? and how big? i really want to play this when i'm back from work.
And another question.. is it indeed 60fps on Series X?
Thank you. :)
Yeah it's 60 fps, but I did notice during a particularly intense cut scene it dropped to 30 fps, then midway through, it clicked back into 60 fps (rather then climbed to it, seems like an intentional feature too).

I didn't receive a day 1 patch and I think I was running the same patch you're talking about from a few days ago so it should be alright to play.

oji-san

Banned
Yeah it's 60 fps, but I did notice during a particularly intense cut scene it dropped to 30 fps, then midway through, it clicked back into 60 fps (rather then climbed to it, seems like an intentional feature too).

I didn't receive a day 1 patch and I think I was running the same patch you're talking about from a few days ago so it should be alright to play.
Thank you kindly. :)

Top Bottom