• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4ch: MS is going to announce $50 price reduction on both XSX/XSS tomorrow

Malakhov

Banned
You positive Soony didn't drop that $50 off to $399 after they got shook by MS announcement and out of the blue magical showcase that popped up the following week?? It can goe both ways, like a.. 69..son.
But sony waited last minute to announce the price, as infuriating it was, they made the right move. Obviously they adjusted after it, it's only logical

Jtibh

Banned
Wrong again.
The internet can be a wonderful place but like Twitter, TikTok and Facebook has shown us what a garbage dump for angry people it truly is.
Don't care what you think you are or what camp you lie in but you can’t base feelings for facts when you have nothing to back them up with. You just make yourself look like a tool.
WTF is a male female hyppo dog? Are you drunk man !
Kagey K Kagey K and others caught onto me and had a good laugh.

But you......cant base feelings for facts......i told you i will have the last laugh....

Now look who's drunk. Listerine is not ment to be consumed

THE:MILKMAN

I doubt this is true but if it were true you just know crazy Jim would then announce a PS5 price rise and a doubling of production again! And they would still sell out instantly. (I still wouldn't get one...).

In any case I hope a price war happens. The GameCube, Xbox and PS2 price war was great.

thelastword

Banned
No. That’s why people talking this “cost per teraflop” thing are totally off base. Nobody buys a console based on paper specs, it is about games first and price second.
Ahhhh. I heard differently.......Still more powerful hardware should carry a higher price tag, unless you are conceding that XBOX's game proposition is not as strong as PS's...

DESTROYA

Kagey K Kagey K and others caught onto me and had a good laugh.

But you......cant base feelings for facts......i told you i will have the last laugh....

Now look who's drunk. Listerine is not ment to be consumed
So funny :unsure:
just ramblings that make zero sense 🤷‍♂️ No one is laughing with you they are laughing at you :pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles:

Mei5bPY.gif

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
We've seen price adjustments happen before, Microsoft did not want to see SONY release their prices after them.

Whoever wins this generation and locks users in their ecosystem will control gaming market for foreseeable future. As we are rapidly transitioning to all digital gaming, it will be harder than ever to change camps.

Maybe, just maybe Microsoft is crazy enough to do it?

LordCBH

It’s going to sell out at launch regardless so why the fuck would you leave money on the table? If it is going to drop, it’ll be after the new year when sales have a chance of slowing.

Jtibh

Banned
So funny :unsure:
just ramblings that make zero sense 🤷‍♂️ No one is laughing with you they are laughing at you :pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles:
I have 3 guys on site i am babysitting over the phone plus ramble on here as you say.
You are just pissed cuz you fall for my posts and now you try to downplay it and deflect.

Next time know who you reply to cuz between you and me my sony dick wins over yours.

DESTROYA

I have 3 guys on site i am babysitting over the phone plus ramble on here as you say.
You are just pissed cuz you fall for my posts and now you try to downplay it and deflect.

Next time know who you reply to cuz between you and me my sony dick wins over yours.
You think Im mad...lololol
You must of missed my post saying I’m not getting either console anytime soon , nice try but .
If anyone sucking a BBC its

TBYPpfa.jpg

Face it if you were joking they were shitty ass jokes but I’m the one mad ...lol
Try again looser, you said it yourself you are a dick....lol

bchFuTW.gif

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
I will be glad when Tuesday gets here so we can at least end this "Sony is going to be so much more expensive" narrative. It has been proven false and now the goal post is being moved to a different rumor.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Fake. The chances of a console maker changing pricing after a week and a half is zero?

Has this ever been done in the past before a console launched?

Arkam

Going on sale before pre-orders even up? IDK. That would signal a fire sale and bad polling data from potential customers. So I going to have my doubts

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
What's ridiculous is thinking that mega billion companies are like just some dude behind a computer waiting to troll another dude for a price war. Like there is no logistics to setting price and release dates, or that they don't have to answer to shareholders and how price adjustments can affect their stocks for a certain amount of time.

So now a multi million dollar company cannot pre-plan for pricing? Of course there are logistics and of course they have to answer. By your arguement they should just price it at $699 and say look, we make mad money on every console! Its not that hard to see a loss leader arguemt going on in a console war executive discussion, give your head a shake.

DarkBatman

SBI’s Employee of the Year
That is a good point. MS themselves would not say its ERP "Estimated retail price" when they know its the exact price. hmmmm

Why is it a good point? They're not forced by law to put a "ERP" behind their prices if they really plan to adjust them later on.
So there's basically NO reason whatsoever. If Microsoft wants to lower prices before the pre-order, they can do that without putting a "ERP" behind the price.

In Germany EVERY gaming product has a ERP - even Sony announced the PS5 prices with an ERP tag on their official blog.

Shakka43

So now a multi million dollar company cannot pre-plan for pricing? Of course there are logistics and of course they have to answer. By your arguement they should just price it at $699 and say look, we make mad money on every console! Its not that hard to see a loss leader arguemt going on in a console war executive discussion, give your head a shake.
Oh I am giving my head a shake, trust me.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
The fake concern in this thread are hysterical.

Even though I don't think a price cut is happening, watching the fanboys freak out and do mental gymnastics to spin a price reduction into a negative is truly special. I guess they didn't have this concern last generation when the PS4 was $100 cheaper and that it was Sony showing weakness and fear of being unable to compete with the Xbox One.
Sony had that price set before MS revealed because they were revealed on the same day. Plus MS could have easily price matched and did for the vast majority of the gen just by cutting out the camera.

N30RYU

This would make MS look desperare.... so is unlikely.

If true everyone will end winning 'cause sony would probably add sonehing more to the package too if not also a discount.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Orky

Banned
I will be glad when Tuesday gets here so we can at least end this "Sony is going to be so much more expensive" narrative. It has been proven false and now the goal post is being moved to a different rumor.
Aren’t the games more expensive? Or is this false? I mean it’s easy to reduce the price of the console of you increase the price for everything else.
either way, ALL next gen will 100% sell out for the rest of the year easily. No need to do a price drop. Maybe later. Maybe in a year or so.

Why would they? It's gonna sell out just fine.

Maybe at US.

Xbox have never sold out in many other countries, so Price drop could help.

On areas with Playstation dominance xbox needs to be MUCH cheaper to even have a chance.

PS4 still sometimes sells out here around xmas, and xbox consoles are always on the inventory.

As contrast even switch didnt sell out at launch here, but maybe in capital city. But ps4 did when it launched and PS5 preorders filled in 30s to 5 minutes here.

And few retailers have already said that first xbox s/x bach comes "early 2021"

So, why they need to drop Price?

Because at current price people just get PS5

Even if xsex would be 299€, majority would get PS5 here. That is how strong it is

A

All thos games are third person walking simulators nothing more.

Hellblade 2 blows all of them out of the water.

Tht's a fact

LOL you're the last person that should be declaring facts. Like your "fact" that TLOU2 was going to be on PSNOW in October? Remember our ban bet? October is not too far away now

BeardGawd

Banned
That would make them extremely dishonest publicly. Everyone would know they were capable of doing this all along but were trying to swindle people out of $50 before Sony forced their hand

Not at all. This would garner enormous goodwill even for those that were already planning to purchase. This would be the worst case scenario for Sony.

Jaybe

Not happening. If numbers aren’t what MS wants them to be at after launch week, then they will add a retail incentive at Black Friday instead.

DarkBatman

SBI’s Employee of the Year
Not happening. If numbers aren’t what MS wants them to be at after launch week, then they will add a retail incentive at Black Friday instead.

If they're going to have enough supply for Black Friday.

Sony and MS will both have limited console runs in 2020 (MS even updated their pre-order page to warn people about the limited supplies for the first round) - so I see no reason why MS should lower the prices tomorrow, they'll easily sell out even with current prices.
Lowering the price to compete with Sony in the long run and with a steady supply of consoles (Q1 2021) would make a lot of sense.

Right now the PS5/PS5DE and XSX/XSS will always be sold out once they're available for pre-order.
Why would MS be willing to lose that money if they'd gain nothing from that in the first months.

Jtibh

Banned
LOL you're the last person that should be declaring facts. Like your "fact" that TLOU2 was going to be on PSNOW in October? Remember our ban bet? October is not too far away now
I sayd november. Covid and stuff you know.

Besides i at least have psnow.

Besides my ps account was locked today first time.

So i am pissed.

bboris77

Neo Member
The only reason why I think this may be true is the fact that the Series X is already $30 cheaper than the PS5 in Canada ($599 vs $629). If you do the currency conversion to USD, it is $453.

reinking

Gold Member
Aren’t the games more expensive? Or is this false? I mean it’s easy to reduce the price of the console of you increase the price for everything else.
either way, ALL next gen will 100% sell out for the rest of the year easily. No need to do a price drop. Maybe later. Maybe in a year or so.
I thought we were talking about console prices? This is my whole point. The narrative keeps getting moved each time. I say this as someone who is getting a Series X and hoping MS does not follow but with Sony and third party announcing that price point for games I expect that to be the norm. We'll see if MS sticks to $59 throughout the whole generation or if they bump it up too.

Top Bottom