• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Somethings going on with XSX supplies.

RyanEvans21

The link you posted shows the XSX as completely out of stock at MSRP with only a couple of sub-seller and the FH bundle at Amazon besides the pre-order at Amazon (that still requires an invite). 🤷‍♂️
You can go store like Bestbuy,Gamestop & Target to get one. (Plenty of them). unlike PS5 you have to ask them if they have stock.

DaGwaphics

And as Mr Moose Mr Moose shows, the non-bundled console is also available. This is not a supply issue.

MR Moose does no such thing, as the non-bundled console isn't available at the major retailers MS tracks on their site (outside of themselves, obviously). :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I forgot about the FH bundle though, it's possible BestBuy and Walmart has some of those models. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

Unbundled Series X are sold out at many retailers including Amazon or are only available for scalper prices. The FH5 bundle hoewever is available for 559. Guess they saw how well that worked for Sony with HFW and GoW and want a piece of it.
This is not the first bundle for xbox. My One X was a Forza 7 and FH4 bundle...

Mr Moose

True Xbox has them. They've just gone missing at Walmart and BestBuy. Probably just a supply glitch or maybe clearing the way for a new revision (small update, maybe 6nm or storage update, etc.).
A friend of mine took a pic about a week or so ago with PS5/Series X and S in a store, not sure what store it was though. How recent is the low stock issue?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
There is exactly 1 XsX, 4 XsS, and 4 Ps5 bundles in a target near me.

So according to people giving out numbers in this thread that means that’s exactly how it is through the whole country.

Topher

Gold Member
There is exactly 1 XsX, 4 XsS, and 4 Ps5 bundles in a target near me.

So according to people giving out numbers in this thread that means that’s exactly how it is through the whole country.

Retail stock is going to change from area to area. Stock online is obviously available for everyone.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
It's interesting to me that people who have internet access they can use to be concerned about Xbox supply in the geographic area they live in are unable to go to Xbox.com and purchase an Xbox from the source of all Xboxes and have it delivered to their geographic area.

DaGwaphics

You know quite well that I didn't say Mr Moose Mr Moose showed XSX availability at retailers. I said he showed the non-bundle was available and factually, he did just that.

That wasn't the discussion I was having though, I never said you couldn't buy a XSX. I just said that many of the major retailers (Walmart and BestBuy were the ones I checked) were currently out (and both had been taking orders even with shipping delays previously). Probably nothing, but it was just an observation.

If they ever move to 2TB on the XSX or something, this is the behavior I would expect to see beforehand, just because the 1TB models would lose value after the update. Might be a bit too early for that though. Stock will probably back in this afternoon, it's not something I'm tracking I just did a quick search while reading the thread. LOL

Last edited:
Same in Sweden. Both XSX and XSS have been available for a long time.

Huh, same thing in Sweden as of today, PS5 is everywhere though, weird.
Can still get Xbox Series S though but it’s been on shelves since launch.
1 minute apart.
First post has 11 thumbs up emojis.
Second post has none.

C'mon guys, we gotta get some likes for Fredrik. Otherwise those dirty green rats will start with all the "persecution complex" and "SonyGaf" talk.

Maddoxswe

1 minute apart.
First post has 11 thumbs up emojis.
Second post has none.

C'mon guys, we gotta get some likes for Fredrik. Otherwise those dirty green rats will start with all the "persecution complex" and "SonyGaf" talk.
That was a honest mistake from me, I was sure it was in stock here but that must have change the last couple of weeks. You can order it directly from Microsoft with delivery 10 feb.

Microsoft’s goals isn’t really to sell the most amount of consoles. PS5 is in that horse race, but Xbox‘s goal is just mostly more Game Pass subscriptions. Console sales are important, but not really the main focus of their business anymore. They want people playing on whatever device they want, but with a Game Pass subscription. And it could be they are gearing up either for a mid-gen revision of Series X, or they just aren’t putting as much effort into increasing supply as Sony has been for PS5.

reinking

Gold Member
Microsoft’s goals isn’t really to sell the most amount of consoles. PS5 is in that horse race, but Xbox‘s goal is just mostly more Game Pass subscriptions. Console sales are important, but not really the main focus of their business anymore. They want people playing on whatever device they want, but with a Game Pass subscription. And it could be they are gearing up either for a mid-gen revision of Series X, or they just aren’t putting as much effort into increasing supply as Sony has been for PS5.
If this is the case, it is another critical mistake for Xbox. Game Pass is still immature and it is not going to grow without the consoles driving it.

I am not sure why people are surprised. Sony has said on several occasions that they were working through supply issues. This is the result.

Lunarorbit

I've just seen the PS5 bundles with gow. I didn't see any Xboxs in the target last week in Denver. Right after Christmas the PS5 has been in stock

Topher

Gold Member
That wasn't the discussion I was having though, I never said you couldn't buy a XSX. I just said that many of the major retailers (Walmart and BestBuy were the ones I checked) were currently out (and both had been taking orders even with shipping delays previously). Probably nothing, but it was just an observation.

You seem to be melding two different conversations together, dude. You replied to me. I didn't jump into any conversation you were having. Either way, the statement you made that Mr Moose Mr Moose "showed no such thing" was blatantly false.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
PlayStation 5 is easier to get now and people aren't buying XSX out of sheer desperation because they can't get PlayStation 5. That is a fact. In my circle of friends, 10 people bought an XSX because they couldn't buy a PlayStation 5 for months. Have already switched to the PlayStation 5 and sold their XSX.
I had a couple of friends buy an Xbox because they grew tired of waiting on the PS5 and I brought it up once here and several laughed thinking I made that shit up or something.

The one who bought a Series S still plays it and added a PS5 and the other traded his Series X in for a PS5

DaGwaphics

You seem to be melding two different conversations together, dude. You replied to me. I didn't jump into any conversation you were having. Either way, the statement you made that Mr Moose Mr Moose "showed no such thing" was blatantly false.

Can you provide the link that MR Moose provided that showed stock of the non-bundled system at a major retailer then, I only see a link to the Xbox store. 🤷‍♂️

The things you will argue about Topher Topher are hilarious to me. It's too funny.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Can you provide the link that MR Moose provided that showed stock of the non-bundled system at a major retailer then, I only see a link to the Xbox store. 🤷‍♂️

Are you serious? I didn't say anything about "major retailers". I said his link showed "the non-bundled console is also available" and you said it showed no such thing. That is factually incorrect. Why is this hard for you to understand?

The things you will argue about Topher Topher are hilarious to me. It's too funny.

Then look in the mirror as you are right here arguing with me. Again, you challenged me, not the other way around.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

That's not what you said at all.
Anyone in the US can get XSX or XSS right now. I don't see how this is a supply issue.

The link you posted shows the XSX as completely out of stock at MSRP with only a couple of sub-seller and the FH bundle at Amazon besides the pre-order at Amazon (that still requires an invite). 🤷‍♂️
It's in stock and available to buy from their store, Topher is correct, if you want one buy one directly.

Fredrik

That was a honest mistake from me, I was sure it was in stock here but that must have change the last couple of weeks.
Yeah it used to be that way, I remember checking Prisjakt before Christmas, but something has clearly happened to the supply now. There is a tracker that check the supply on the biggest stores every 30 second and it currently say 1 console is available (Komplett) but when you go there it just say an unverified shipment of 50+ is set for feb 10.

Are they clearing out the supply while waiting for a new hardware revision or bundle to arrive?

HercRaato

Anecdotal but every store I went in this weekend had at least 2 Xsx and several Xss, but no PS5 to be found on the shelf.

Series S imo is not a true next gen console considering how much weaker it is compared to the series x and ps5. I think many people feel this way. So they don’t even consider it.

OuterLimits

The PS5 thirst is real, except where op lives

PS5 is pretty widely available in my area of Virginia now. Probably true in most of the U.S. I see them in most Wal-Mart's and Gamestops in the area. So while the system is selling well I'm sure, it is clear consoles aren't flying off the shelves Immediately when stocked now.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Australian electronics store.
Was in the news a while back for their decorative signs.

images
Legit chuckled and I would’ve laughed out loud but people around. Thank you.

We recently saw that the Xbox sakes went backwards by 13%, however it's pretty hard to find an XSX in stock.

What's going on is that Phil and the gang failed to produce what they promised, and had to warn us before the holiday season there wouldn't be enough in demand, this has been discussed many times despite objections by fanatics. Stock is still an issue for the average consumer outside of gaming forums anyway. Even then during the two holiday months it was even for many of those depending on location.

Incompetence has given the Series S, which was originally not supposed to be the console to sell the most when you go back to 2020 interviews, but sell the most overtime, the mantel as the Xbox team continues to fumble producing enough X stock. Which is why we saw the napalm sales for the Series S through those 2 months with S mostly selling by itself outside Black Friday and Christmas Eve, where at least online Series X sold a lot of shipments and that's it. For the US.

Series S has reached a ceiling (unless they permanently price it at $199 which they aren't going to do) so until they fix this problem expect each month starting THIS month to be down yoy from last year in most countries.

Last edited:
I heard online that the first bunch of Xboxs made had a problem with them, the software doesn't work properly, it makes the console run slow or something and Microsoft have had to change stuff on the quiet to make them work faster. While they were doing this they stopped shipping them until they could fix it, just in case they all had to be recalled.

I don't know if it's true but I hope it is. A faster xbox would be great

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I heard online that the first bunch of Xboxs made had a problem with them, the software doesn't work properly, it makes the console run slow or something and Microsoft have had to change stuff on the quiet to make them work faster. While they were doing this they stopped shipping them until they could fix it, just in case they all had to be recalled.

I don't know if it's true but I hope it is. A faster xbox would be great
That's crazy if true. I tried googling this issue and found this :
https://gamerant.com/xbox-series-x-system-clock-issue/
Is this the defect you are talking about?

solidus12

I thought Xbox paid for chip priority?
Were were gettings tons of articles a couple of months bacl stating that Xbox paid a premium price to secure console availability.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Were were gettings tons of articles a couple of months bacl stating that Xbox paid a premium price to secure console availability.

As someone mentioned that's not how this works but dunno if that's true.

Last edited:
That's crazy if true. I tried googling this issue and found this :
https://gamerant.com/xbox-series-x-system-clock-issue/
Is this the defect you are talking about?
I don't know. I was playing Cod and this guy was saying about how his new Series X isn't better than his friends PS5, even though the PS5 is weaker. He went on about how the reason is because the Series X was launched too soon or something and ms didn't have time to fix it properly. He said it was fine at first and nobody could tell because the games were the same as last gen but now that new games are coming out they don't work because of the software

Then he started going on about how that's the reason all the games are late and should look better. He said Halo should have been the best looking game ever

He was pretty funny to listen to. me and my mates were laughing but yeah i hope its true. The xbox getting loads more power out of nowhere would be funny.

DaGwaphics

Then look in the mirror as you are right here arguing with me. Again, you challenged me, not the other way around.

I never challenged the link you provided. I just thought it was funny that in a thread talking about XSX not being available at retailers (the unbundled console) you posted a link where the only unbundled console was on a waiting list and Moose posted a link that showed that the retailers they track don't have any stock either. It was just funny to me. LOL

Like I said, I forgot the bundle even existed and don't have those pages bookmarked (I had the BestBuy and Walmart pages bookmarked from way back), they very well could have the bundles too. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I never challenged the link you provided. I just thought it was funny that in a thread talking about XSX not being available at retailers (the unbundled console) you posted a link where the only unbundled console was on a waiting list and Moose posted a link that showed that the retailers they track don't have any stock either. It was just funny to me. LOL

You continue to misrepresent what was said. That is funny to me.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

I don't know. I was playing Cod and this guy was saying about how his new Series X isn't better than his friends PS5, even though the PS5 is weaker. He went on about how the reason is because the Series X was launched too soon or something and ms didn't have time to fix it properly. He said it was fine at first and nobody could tell because the games were the same as last gen but now that new games are coming out they don't work because of the software

Then he started going on about how that's the reason all the games are late and should look better. He said Halo should have been the best looking game ever

He was pretty funny to listen to. me and my mates were laughing but yeah i hope its true. The xbox getting loads more power out of nowhere would be funny.
Was he high?

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
I completely agree with OP. I have been searching 3 weeks bouncing around between 4 different Wal Marts and have yet to find a series x for myself. I am now looking at the secondary market unfortunately.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
The specs we know can't allow the Xbox SX to gain loads of power (relative to the PS5) from nowhere unless they were really underutilized before but yes it would be funny. I remember that a way for a console to gain more power is when the console maker allow games to use ram and processing power that were reserved for the OS. More power is always good and can help some games but needs a patch anyway to be used. So maybe Microsoft can suprise us?

Thirty7ven

Banned

Don’t think paying for chip priority is a thing. It’s about amount of chips I believe. Why would MS pay more for less instead of simply ordering more?

Xbox Era is an Xbox fan only fly zone so I would be careful using it as a source for anything without explicit proof.

Last edited:
Are you serious? I didn't say anything about "major retailers". I said his link showed "the non-bundled console is also available" and you said it showed no such thing. That is factually incorrect. Why is this hard for you to understand?

He messed with you didn't he?

Want me to beat him uo for you?

scooby doo fighting GIF

Top Bottom