• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Somethings going on with XSX supplies.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
There's definitely something to this, at least in the US.

In the US, PS5 is in stock at Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc.. while the Series X is out of stock at all of those same retailers.

VAVA Mk2

Honestly don't know what's that.

90 Day Fiance What GIF by TLC Europe
Did you not watch Avengers Infinity War or Endgame?

Gobjuduck

Banned
Saw no ps5s in stores, some series x and s 3–4 months ago. Now it’s inverted, seeing only series s and ps5.

For the first time, PlayStation 5 is widely available. If you want one you can get one easily. Supply caught up to demand. Sony ramped up production hard for GoW, but it’s still trailing the ps4.

Something is up with Xbox, having no strong winter release threw off their production and expectations. 2021 was much better for Xbox because of halo and forza. 2022 was bad, and that reflects in their production ambition.

2023 for Xbox will be a great year. Hi-fi rush, redfall, forza, hellblade and starfield will definitely draw some attention.

Last edited:

Alphagear

Readily available here in UK and same with PS5s.

PS5s are selling a lot quicker. My local Argos stores had PS5s in stock but they sold out very quickly.

Couple of hours later and more PS5s were back in stock. Managed to go in store and get one for my sister yesterday.

The 2 controller bundle and GOW bundle for 529.99 were both in stock.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
If I look at Target online the non-bundle Series X says "Discontinued for shipping." Did MS discontinue the Series X without the bundle? Or. is this just Target no longer going to ship that model?

Shivvy24

We recently saw that the Xbox sakes went backwards by 13%, however it's pretty hard to find an XSX in stock.
Where I live shops are swimming in PS5s, to the point where they are pushing to try and sell them, while they are sold out of XSXs.
I spoke to the manager of a JB Hifi about it. He said that during the Xmas period JB HiFi had a constant stream of PS5s. They even had a pallet of them on the floor. The guy told me they never received a quarter of XSXs stock compared to the PS5.

My brother in law is a Harvey Norman Franchise owner and he has said the same thing. Sony are killing it with supply now.
The only issue he said with the PS5 was that they are all the GOW bundle at the moment.

Something is a miss with the supply of XSX.
My guess is maybe there was issues with the Rumoured 6nm revision and this has hurt their production.

Now, of course this might be an Australian thing. I accept that both Sony and MS prioritise different regions differently, and what has happened here might not be mirrored elsewhere.
I also accept that Sony is a major appliance manufacturer and Microsoft isn't. Sony obviously have more experience at mass market supply and demand. Maybe this is going against MS.

I would be interested in if this is the same situation in other regions.
I noticed that too, seems like it's an aussie thing.

DaGwaphics

If I look at Target online the non-bundle Series X says "Discontinued for shipping." Did MS discontinue the Series X without the bundle? Or. is this just Target no longer going to ship that model?

A lot of times Target puts that on things that are sold out. The XSS even showed that way on there a few times when I was originally looking for one, doesn't necessarily mean much coming from them.

Who knows though, if they are selling as many of the $559 ones as they were the $500, they might have just decided to only sell the bundles. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Look at that "source" though
Yeah I stop reading any time I see Shpeshal_Nick, dude is full of shit.
There's definitely something to this, at least in the US.

In the US, PS5 is in stock at Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc.. while the Series X is out of stock at all of those same retailers.
If you want one in the US, you can get one, though it will be easiest for online shopping rather than in store (Amazon/MicroSoft Xbox store).

reinking

Gold Member
A lot of times Target puts that on things that are sold out. The XSS even showed that way on there a few times when I was originally looking for one, doesn't necessarily mean much coming from them.

Who knows though, if they are selling as many of the $559 ones as they were the $500, they might have just decided to only sell the bundles. 🤷‍♂️
Bundle says "Shipping not available" instead of "Discontinued for shipping." That is what made me think there is a chance MS dropped the non-bundle SKU. New SKU drop incoming? I doubt it but that would be interesting if they made some stealth updates and kept it quiet.

Duchess

It was impossible to find a ps5 or Xbox series x in stores during the pandemic.
Apart from CEX in the UK. Those fuckers were selling PS5s they had bought from scalpers and (literal) thieves*.

It was great this weekend to see them selling PS5s for £500, when new ones can be got for £475. Clearly, they bought those machines at an inflated price, and are now going to have fun not selling at a loss.

(* - delivery staff who opened the boxes and replaced the consoles with bricks, etc.)

demigod

Probably due to some wafers being made for the Series S. There would be more Series Xs on the market if it wasn't for that. Also its probably true that Microsoft isn't producing as many systems as Sony which could help explain the shortages. But I believe they made that decision due to the demand being lower overall if the numbers prove anything.
The series s was a mistake, phil is incompetent. Mark Cerny is a fucking genius.

The Series S was a great short term move, and one of the worst long term moves Microsoft could have made. They are destroying their brand with people buying a Series S and the low game pass sub. They think it’s going to trap people in the Xbox ecosystem so they can charge more later like their enterprise software business, but all it’s going to do is drive people towards other platforms.

I've just seen the PS5 bundles with gow. I didn't see any Xboxs in the target last week in Denver. Right after Christmas the PS5 has been in stock
That's what I have seen here.
It's great that Sony has managed to get over their supply issues, and maybe their cost revisions have made it so that it's more efficient now. Remember that Sony is an electronics manufacturer, so they would have alot more expertise about manufacturing than Microsoft.
Maybe it's the fact that MS loses less money on their Series S compared to the Series X and so prioritised them over the X.
While I don't see any X in stock there is no problem getting an S.

Its amazing how the stock of PS5s went up so fast and dare to say many stores are way overstocked at least from what I have seen.
With the PS5 you have the hardcores who will run out and buy whatever new console comes out, at whatever price. You hit a wall with those and then the main stream comes on line.
As most of Sony's major games have been on PS4 as well, there hasn't really been a big reason to switch to the new generation. Maybe once a couple of big hitters come out only on the PS5 the mainstream will start buying in big numbers. It could be that we are at the mid point now.
I was told that it all switched over at Xmas time. Up until then they were still selling them out on preorders. People would put their name down and when new stock came in they would provide them to those on the waiting list. At Xmas time the supplies came in hard and fast and hasn't stopped. They always have stock in and are pushing the advertising of them to sell them now. Although, most are GOW bundles so maybe people ware going to wait until they are sold out and then buy a PS5 unbundled for $100 less.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
With the PS5 you have the hardcores who will run out and buy whatever new console comes out, at whatever price. You hit a wall with those and then the main stream comes on line.
As most of Sony's major games have been on PS4 as well, there hasn't really been a big reason to switch to the new generation. Maybe once a couple of big hitters come out only on the PS5 the mainstream will start buying in big numbers. It could be that we are at the mid point now.
I was told that it all switched over at Xmas time. Up until then they were still selling them out on preorders. People would put their name down and when new stock came in they would provide them to those on the waiting list. At Xmas time the supplies came in hard and fast and hasn't stopped. They always have stock in and are pushing the advertising of them to sell them now. Although, most are GOW bundles so maybe people ware going to wait until they are sold out and then buy a PS5 unbundled for $100 less.
The one Best Buy I saw had mainly that GOW bundle and I kid you not was probably 50 PS5s there

madanth

Neo Member
Toronto, Canada here. Series x been in stores for months got mine In March of last year but only recently been able to get PS5 and Amazon Canada has them in stock now as well. We're always sold out online until recent.

DaGwaphics

Think we had a misunderstanding, dude. You acknowledged Mr Moose Mr Moose 's link to available non-bundle consoles, but I pointed to the same exact post and you said Mr Moose Mr Moose said "no such thing". So perhaps you didn't understand that I was referring to?

I was speculating about "something going on" with XSX supply at retail. The Xbox store has nothing to do with that. If there was some kind of new sku, I think it's a safe bet that they don't need to worry about clearing that channel beforehand. LOL 🤷‍♂️

But it is true that the MS/Xbox store has units and had units when the thread was started, everyone was already aware of this and never questioned it. But I do hereby acknowledge, under oath, with a hand on the bible, that Mr Moose did in fact provide a link to the Xbox store where XSX units were available. Feels like we should be good now. :messenger_squinting_tongue: (his link totally failed to show that XSX units weren't thin at retail though).

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I was speculating about "something going on" with XSX supply at retail. The Xbox store has nothing to do with that. If there was some kind of new sku, I think it's a safe bet that they don't need to worry about clearing that channel beforehand. LOL 🤷‍♂️

But it is true that the MS/Xbox store has units and had units when the thread was started, everyone was already aware of this and never questioned it. But I do hereby acknowledge, under oath, with a hand on the bible, that Mr Moose did in fact provide a link to the Xbox store where XSX units were available. Feels like we should be good now. :messenger_squinting_tongue: (his link totally failed to show that XSX units weren't thin at retail though).

I think Mr Moose Mr Moose would swear on the same Bible that he wasn't talking about retail at all and neither was I. That is where the disconnect was then. Ok...yep. We are good.

Last edited:

scydrex

In my country the Xbox series is always in stock even at launch and cheaper than the ps5. Right now an X cost like US$100 less than the PS5. At the beginning it was a lot cheaper. The Xbox series here sell almost at msrp.

Saw no ps5s in stores, some series x and s 3–4 months ago. Now it’s inverted, seeing only series s and ps5.

For the first time, PlayStation 5 is widely available. If you want one you can get one easily. Supply caught up to demand. Sony ramped up production hard for GoW, but it’s still trailing the ps4.

Something is up with Xbox, having no strong winter release threw off their production and expectations. 2021 was much better for Xbox because of halo and forza. 2022 was bad, and that reflects in their production ambition.

2023 for Xbox will be a great year. Hi-fi rush, redfall, forza, hellblade and starfield will definitely draw some attention.

They knew they didn't have any big games, so they pushed the Series S which they thought would outsell or keep up with the PS5 in terms of sales, and that people getting the Series S would naturally gravitate to GamePass, but people have been willing to spend over double the price to get a PS5 (and bundled game).

They focused on Series S production rather than Series X production.

They were convinced that the S was the way to go and they doubled down on it and no one wants it. They are gathering dust on store shelves nation wide.

Can be had for under 300 dollars and people still aren't buying it. That reminds me of when the Dreamcast was cheaper than the PS1 and even with the PS2 out, people were buying more PS1s than they were buying Dreamcast.

The fact that the Series S is struggling so much means the consumer is more knowledgeable than Microsoft thinks and that the Xbox brand is weaker than Microsoft thinks. It's a bad combination.

You'd think with availability and a price cheaper than a Nintendo Switch, these would be flying off the shelves... but again... they aren't...

Gobjuduck

Banned
Xbox brand is weaker than Microsoft thinks. It's a bad combination.
Xbox is aware of how weak it is, they know it's an uphill battle. Nintendo and Sony have reached cult status, while xbox is much more scrutinized and treated as a runt. You will see people on gaf say in the open they wish Microsoft killed xbox, or that it's on the verge of dying.

The truth is, there is room for third place and gamepass, but xbox needs to have a gestalt of studios to make appealing content. By 2025, their software flow will beat sony, but not Nintendo.

Xbox will have a stronger year, as of now they have the most AAA first party console exclusives slated. But, spiderman and zelda will be pushing those consoles hard. All eyes are on Forza and Starfield, for the sake of the xbox brand. I think we will see a sharp increase of sales of both X and S by the end of the year.

You'd think with availability and a price cheaper than a Nintendo Switch, these would be flying off the shelves... but again... they aren't...
The switch is so successful its kind of hard to compete with it. outsold the ps4 in nearly half the time. The switch is a phenomenon, like ps2 levels of craze.

Last edited:

Alan Wake

So is it available in Sweden or not?
XSX has been available in smaller numbers for some time. PS5 is available at different online stores as we speak, but I expect them to be sold out soon. Not as fast as it used to be, though, when it took minutes or hours. They seem to restock more often too now. XSS has always been available here.

Alan Wake

They knew they didn't have any big games, so they pushed the Series S which they thought would outsell or keep up with the PS5 in terms of sales, and that people getting the Series S would naturally gravitate to GamePass, but people have been willing to spend over double the price to get a PS5 (and bundled game).

They focused on Series S production rather than Series X production.

They were convinced that the S was the way to go and they doubled down on it and no one wants it. They are gathering dust on store shelves nation wide.

[/URL]

[/URL]

Can be had for under 300 dollars and people still aren't buying it. That reminds me of when the Dreamcast was cheaper than the PS1 and even with the PS2 out, people were buying more PS1s than they were buying Dreamcast.

The fact that the Series S is struggling so much means the consumer is more knowledgeable than Microsoft thinks and that the Xbox brand is weaker than Microsoft thinks. It's a bad combination.

Didn't Series S do pretty well at first?

Xbox is aware of how weak it is, they know it's an uphill battle. Nintendo and Sony have reached cult status, while xbox is much more scrutinized and treated as a runt. You will see people on gaf say in the open they wish Microsoft killed xbox, or that it's on the verge of dying.

The truth is, there is room for third place and gamepass, but xbox needs to have a gestalt of studios to make appealing content. By 2025, their software flow will beat sony, but not Nintendo.

Xbox will have a stronger year, as of now they have the most AAA first party console exclusives slated. But, spiderman and zelda will be pushing those consoles hard. All eyes are on Forza and Starfield, for the sake of the xbox brand. I think we will see a sharp increase of sales of both X and S by the end of the year.

The switch is so successful its kind of hard to compete with it. outsold the ps4 in nearly half the time. The switch is a phenomenon, like ps2 levels of craze.

A perfect example of someone not knowing how weak a brand is here.

Their software flow will beat Sony's? That's pretty laughable. Sony's studios are hitting maturity where they're working on multiple projects at once and they're rumored to be working on expanding new studios to keep up established franchises. Microsoft isn't catching up to that in 2 years, let alone surpassing that.

If you were to write out a list of all of Sony and Microsoft's studios, the top 5 studios would likely all be Sony studios. Bethesda is where things get interesting, but from a sales perspective, we're going to see how productive they can be as a 1st party studio rather than multiplatform (not including PC). I think Elders Scrolls has hit around 60 million as a franchise (multiplatform, including PC). You look at Guerrilla's Horizon franchise and they've probably hit 30 million units in significantly less time on significantly fewer platforms for example.

Outside of Bethesda, they don't really have much... and Bethesda isn't great for "flow"

I believe Xbox is going to have a really bad year. Spider-Man 2, FF16 are both going to be bigger than anything released on Xbox this year. Forza isn't going to push units after Horizon has already come out and Starfield is going to struggle to push units as an original IP that is available on PC.

As for Switch, it doesn't have any competition, whereas PS4 had competition with the Xbone. It's also been cheaper than the PS4 its entire product life cycle. Same reason the PS2 sold so well, was a lack of competition, and a much cheaper price towards the end of the life cycle.

Sony could have kept pumping out PS4s for like 150 or 200 dollars if they really wanted to keep the PS4 going. PS2 was as cheap as 100 dollars at one point and doubled as a dvd player before streaming.

Duchess

I believe Xbox is going to have a really bad year. Spider-Man 2, FF16 are both going to be bigger than anything released on Xbox this year. Forza isn't going to push units after Horizon has already come out and Starfield is going to struggle to push units as an original IP that is available on PC.
And to add that, it's looking increasingly likely that Microsoft's Activision purchase is about to hit the buffers, and will ultimately be blocked. 2023 really is make or break for Xbox at this point.

Didn't Series S do pretty well at first?

Sometimes your mistakes start off well.

There was a lot of internal debate as to whether to even do a Series S. These people go overruled, but they can't take a victory lap.

There comes a time where people who are willing to throw money down on ANY console they can find runs out and then you only have consumers who you can convince to buy left.

Xbox is experiencing that right now. Supply outstrips demand, and you need to find ways to increase demand. What did they do? They tried to reduce price, but we're way too early in the product life cycle to be reducing price.

Series X has been easy to get hold of for months now. PS5 only in the last month or so.

I'm not buying any console at this point 2+ years into the generation. I'll wait for PS5/Series X slim later this year or next.

It's the opposite in my view. I've been able to find and personally buy countless PS5s since the start of this gen. I've rarely seen Series X's in stock, and when they are they don't stick around for very long. You might see some rare instances where some last a few weeks, but once they're gone, they're gone.

And to add that, it's looking increasingly likely that Microsoft's Activision purchase is about to hit the buffers, and will ultimately be blocked. 2023 really is make or break for Xbox at this point.

I don't want to console war here, but from an objective perspective, I don't see how Microsoft moves forward if this deal fails and they should probably highlight that to the regulatory bodies.

They're about to get their lunch eaten this year and it'll be very difficult to get mindshare back in 2024. If Sony sells 20-30 million units between now and this time next year and Microsoft sells 5-10 million units. You'll be looking at 50-60 million to 25-30 million. We're talking a 2:1 ratio and that ratio will worsen in 2024.

If this happens, the next xbox hardware starts out at a serious disadvantage, with digital libraries establishing brand loyalties.

demigod

It's the opposite in my view. I've been able to find and personally buy countless PS5s since the start of this gen. I've rarely seen Series X's in stock, and when they are they don't stick around for very long. You might see some rare instances where some last a few weeks, but once they're gone, they're gone.
You straight up lying. Before sony announced stock got better, it took a couple of hours before they sold out. Xsx took days to sell out.

Gobjuduck

Banned
I believe Xbox is going to have a really bad year. Spider-Man 2, FF16 are both going to be bigger than anything released on Xbox this year.
Redfall, forza, starfield and potentially hellblade is pretty strong of a release year dude.

Sony has some VR games, Spider-Man and final fantasy. Spider-Man will be big.

Zelda is the biggest game this year no doubt.

Forza isn't going to push units after Horizon has already come out and Starfield is going to struggle to push units as an original IP that is available on PC.
Starfield will push units. Fallout 4 and Skyrim were very successful it doesn’t matter if it’s a new IP. Those IPs were pretty unknown to the mainstream before they broke into it. Also forza Motorsport will push units, it has for the last few entries. Motorsport and horizon are different games.

You come off as FUD and not “objective”. Just say you hate Xbox and make it Simple.

If Sony sells 20-30 million units between now and this time next year and Microsoft sells 5-10 million units.
30 million is very unrealistic. 20 million is kinda unrealistic.

PlayStation isn’t going to automatically double its units for Spider-Man. Final fantasy will push units in japan, but that number isn’t enough.

Last edited:
Redfall, forza, starfield and potentially hellblade is pretty strong of a release year dude.

Sony has some VR games, Spider-Man and final fantasy. Spider-Man will be big.

Zelda is the biggest game this year no doubt.

Starfield will push units. Fallout 4 and Skyrim were very successful it doesn’t matter if it’s a new IP. Those IPs were pretty unknown to the mainstream before they broke into it. Also forza Motorsport will push units, it has for the last few entries. Motorsport and horizon are different games.

You come off as FUD and not “objective”. Just say you hate Xbox and make it Simple.

First, yes or no Spider-Man will outsell Redfall, Forza, and Starfield combined?

Second, yes or no, do you believe Sony has announced their entire year's lineup?

Spider-Man has every chance at doing as well if not better than Zelda. Zelda sold more than Spider-Man PS4, but Zelda was also a launch title on Switch, whereas Spider-Man on PS4 came out 5 years after launch.

What does this mean that more people are going to buy Spider-Man because they're looking for a game to play on PS5, whereas by the time Spider-Man launched on PS4, there was a multitude of titles out.

I would not be surprised if Zelda being a sequel to a launch title sells around 20 million copies, nor would I be surprised if Spider-Man 2 sold 30 million copies on PS5. It's worth noting that no sequel on the switch has come close to outselling its original blockbuster switch release.

Of course, Spider-Man could also do 15 million and Zelda could do 25 million, but I wouldn't flat out say Zelda is going to be bigger. Skyrim and Fallout were not unknown, come off it. And the idea that racing fans desperate for a racing game were holding out for Forza Motorsport instead of Forza Horizon and are now going to rush to the stores to buy an XSX/S to get Forza is just not in line with anything we've ever seen from the brand.

P.S. Fallout 3 sold 12.4 million copies and Oblivion sold 9.2 million copies.

Rather than accusing me of "hating" xbox, make an argument on the merits.

Gobjuduck

Banned
First, yes or no Spider-Man will outsell Redfall, Forza, and Starfield combined?
Gamepass makes that tricky. I think more people will be playing those games.
Second, yes or no, do you believe Sony has announced their entire year's lineup?
No, but I doubt they are holding anything of importance back. Sony announces their big games years before release. All the biggest ps4 games were like that.

Last edited:

Three

If there is a lack of supply to retailers right now it's likely cost cutting. MS would prefer you buy the Series S anyway because they lose less on it and it's digital only. They make the X available directly from xbox where they can keep margins higher and shipping/distribution cost lower. But who knows maybe a raytracing midgen is dropping this year in the fall.

Last edited:
Gamepass makes that tricky. I think more people will be playing those games yes.

No, but I doubt they are holding anything of importance back. Sony announces their big games years before release. All the biggest ps4 games were like that.

They're essentially f2p, that's not the question, and that's the problem for Microsoft. People aren't buying AAA games, they just play them through GamePass.

Sony has changed their marketing tact. We barely know of the existence of TLOU MP game and the reality is the game could drop any day, we have no idea. With the popularity of the show, this could be the biggest game of the year, again we have no idea. Metal Gear Solid remake could also come out this year, speculation, but we again have no idea. We JUST heard about Silent Hill 2 and it is coming out this year.

Gobjuduck

Banned
Sony has changed their marketing tact. We barely know of the existence of TLOU MP game and the reality is the game could drop any day, we have no idea. With the popularity of the show, this could be the biggest game of the year, again we have no idea. Metal Gear Solid remake could also come out this year, speculation, but we again have no idea. We JUST heard about Silent Hill 2 and it is coming out this year.
Awesome. Hope you enjoy those games if they release this year.

Seeing your excitement for PlayStation and your absolute pessimism for Xbox just makes it more clear.

The scenario of 30 mil ps5 vs 5 mil Xbox units in one year is so outlandish. from 2:1 to 6:1.

Xbox will live on. I remember talks of Sony going bankrupt and Nintendo stopping hardware production. Nothing changes, just different targets. Microsoft and xbox arnt going away this decade or the next.

Last edited:
Awesome. Hope you enjoy those games if they release this year.

Seeing your excitement for PlayStation and your absolute pessimism for Xbox just makes it more clear.

The scenario of 30 mil ps5 vs 5 mil Xbox units in one year is so outlandish. from 2:1 to 6:1.

Xbox will live on. I remember talks of Sony going bankrupt and Nintendo stopping hardware production. Nothing changes, just different targets. Microsoft and xbox arnt going away this decade or the next.

I have no plans to buy Silent Hill 2. I'm just pointing out your mistake by thinking that everything that is coming out this year has been announced.

We're one month into the year and that isn't how things work anymore.

It's funny, that I gave you a range, and you selected the extremes on both ends and then suggested I was stating that would be the most likely scenario...

As for any product living on for the rest of the decade and the next... I think you're being a poor student of history. Products and brands come and go, and they do so fairly quickly.

Blockbuster was here and then they were gone, seemingly overnight. Windows phone was here and then it wasn't... Walkman and discman were the preeminent audio players until they weren't. 90s style action movies were the biggest blockbuster movies, until they weren't. 80s buddy cop movies were the biggest blockbusters, until they weren't...

The idea that any product has certainty is pretty crazy...

Nintendo's has had nearly as many bombs as they've had successes. Sony's mobile line with Ericsson was completely surpassed by Samsung...who was Samsung in 2008?

Weird Xbox series X is available in the Netherlands on bol (Dutch Amazon). PS5 is still MIA.

But what is the deal with this bundle shit? Why is it so difficult to get a console without packed in games? It wasn't always like that.

Weird Xbox series X is available in the Netherlands on bol (Dutch Amazon). PS5 is still MIA.

But what is the deal with this bundle shit? Why is it so difficult to get a console without packed in games? It wasn't always like that.

Demand is so high for these consoles that it makes sense to bundle a game in to get a confirmed sale for every unit sold. Ultimately, it's better than them just increasing the price of the base unit.

Nintendo has a history of it. It also helps build brands.

supernova8

Banned
In Japan, Xbox Series S was sold out for a few months around launch but since then it's been consistently available on Amazon without needing to sign up for lotteries or pay scalper prices.

Xbox Series X on the other hand ...is like gold dust. It's actually going for more than PS5 on used/reseller platforms which is funny given how shit Xbox has sold in Japan in previous generations. I'm not sure if that reflects actual demand or whether it's a combination of (A) Microsoft hardly allocating any Series X stock to Japan and (B) resellers being stubborn and refusing to drop their prices despite the lack of demand (I've seen the same Series X used listings staying up for several days at time, being taken down and re-listed so...).

Given that PS5 is now easy to find at retail in Japan, I'd say Xbox's initial lucky run in Japan is about to come to an end.

Last edited:
Top Bottom