• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 will soon get a temporary $50/£75 price cut, it’s claimed

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
ps5-side-angle-1024x695.jpg

That’s according to reliable data miner Billbil-Kun, who has a strong record of posting release information for games early, including monthly PlayStation Plus titles.

On Friday, the prolific leaker claimed that, following recent promotional campaigns in Spain, Portugal and France, PS5 consoles will soon receive temporary discounts in Germany, the UK and the United States.

It’s claimed that the sale details will be:

• Germany: €75 reduction (€474.99 instead of €549.99)
  • United States: $50 reduction ($449.99 instead of $499.99)
  • Great Britain: £75 reduction(£405 instead of £480)
According to Billbil-Kun, these reductions will be valid on the official Playstation store (PlayStation Direct) and retailers in each country, such as Amazon, MediaMarkt, Target and Game.

supernova8

Banned
So they raised the price and then "temporarily" lowered it? Cheeky bastards. Lower it permanently you greedy shitheads.

FWIW, Amazon is selling the disc edition for 60,000 yen, it launched at 55,000 so even if there's a discount it's still more expensive here.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Just a little boost to make sure the stock is cleared for the slim.

It has me stumped that they are doing a limited edition spider man 2 ps5 in the original design. Didn't see that coming.

Maybe they have a slim too...

Makes sense if they announce the Slim at the same time as the US price cut. The Slim allegedly has double the storage space as the current models.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Just a little boost to make sure the stock is cleared for the slim.

It has me stumped that they are doing a limited edition spider man 2 ps5 in the original design. Didn't see that coming.

Maybe they have a slim too...
Good point. Maybe there is no slim, just a rev of internals or maybe it launches well after Spider-Man.

The timing is good for those 3 or 4 Xbox only people who are considering buying something for BG3 instead of waiting.

Puskas

Those are rookie numbers, Sony.

It’s still around 590€ - 600€ where I live. That price reduction would still make it more expensive than when it launched.

Closer

This would be great if they didn't increase the price permanently before. Yay I guess.

Last edited:
Sony did announce the PS4 Slim in September. About to be August, so probably clearing out stock before the announcement. Man, if that thing comes in at a $399 price, look out. Those sales are to explode.

Outpost #31

Still available for 469 everywhere.

Yep , see it now. I was wrong.

I read the sale ran from July 7th till July 21st and now I'm seeing that it's till the 23rd.

Got that last part from a random reaction post though so who knows how long it'll last.
Hopefully long enough for people to snag one at that price.
A 2 week sale is a bit short imo...

i'll be mad if the PS5 "Slim" is just a revision of the all digital model with optional disc drive. I'm all for getting rid of ancient physical media drives but if the new PS5 model is just as big and ugly it'll be a big disappointment.

ReBurn

Gold Member
i'll be mad if the PS5 "Slim" is just a revision of the all digital model with optional disc drive. I'm all for getting rid of ancient physical media drives but if the new PS5 model is just as big and ugly it'll be a big disappointment.
JUst discontinuing the current disc version and selling a separate drive for the digital version makes more sense than a complete redesign. At least until they deplete their faceplate inventory.

Top Bottom