• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4ch: MS is going to announce $50 price reduction on both XSX/XSS tomorrow

DESTROYA

Tht rumor is true.
Microsoft wants to win this gen.

They will give the console for dirt cheap since they want you to buy gamepass.

Sony doesnt even try anymore.

Thy think thy can do what ever and make people wait in line and stay up all night to preorder ps5.

Well not this time around. Thy think they are safe but with xss at 250 hell even 200 and xsx at 400 yes you watch 400 thy dont stand a chance
I want receipts , not 4chan troll rumors. Prove it’s true from other sources.
See now your just trolling everyone saying there‘s going to be a $100 price cut now ...lololololololol
“What if MS gave the console for free”....... :pie_roffles: :pie_roffles:
This is why you shouldn’t do drugs kids.

Sleepwalker

Available on PS5, along with launch exclusives and 18 of the best PS4 games.

So "select" old gen PS4 games are now a part of the amazing PS5 launch lineup narrative? What happened to generations?

• God of War
  • The Last of Us: Remastered
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
  • Battlefield 1 (will be on gamepass via ea play)
  • Monster Hunter World (on gamepass)
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy XV (on gamepass, royal edition)
  • The Last Guardian
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • Days Gone
  • Bloodborne
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Batman Arkham Knight (on gamepass)
  • Mortal Kombat X (on gamepass)
  • Persona 5
  • Until Dawn
  • Resident Evil: Biohazard (on gamepass)

In reality you're just getting the "privilege" of playing a bunch of exclusive games that you most likely already own (I know I do) and were already backwards compatible anyway and are not enhanced in any way (as far as we know)

Plus a bunch of games that are already "free" on gamepass and fallout 4.

Woah, what an amazing launch lineup. I get to play all the games I already played, just like on Xbox.

Face it, neither console has a good launch lineup.

Last edited:

Krisprolls

Banned
A

All thos games are third person walking simulators nothing more.

Hellblade 2 blows all of them out of the water.

Tht's a fact

Now I know you're trolling, thanks for the laugh. Hellblade was a pretty average game, I doubt the next one will set the world on fire.

As an average game, it will fit gamepass perfectly though.

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
Ah yes, 4Chan. The most reliable source of information.

Grain of salt like a mofo. It'd be the first time I've ever seen a company announce a price, and then drop the price before it's even released. Would be impressive to say the least.
AMD did something like that not so long time ago

Jtibh

Banned
I want receipts , not 4chan troll rumors. Prove it’s true from other sources.
See now your just trolling everyone saying there‘s going to be a $100 price cut now ...lololololololol
“What if MS gave the console for free”....... :pie_roffles: :pie_roffles:
This is why you shouldn’t do drugs kids.
You'll see who will have the last laugh.

Reactions: MrS

Krisprolls

Banned
I know, but out the hundreds of games, exclusives are a tiny fraction. And many gamers just don't care, as long as they can play the usual Madden, Assassin's Creed, CoD and such.

That's why I wrote "almost" and talked about being already invested. Calm down, no one is bashing your precious little box (ehm, humongous box).

Lol you're the one who needs to calm down, just pointing out you're wrong, nothing more.

Gaming is about quality, not quantity, because we're timed constrained as gamers, more than we're money constrained.

That's why Sony is winning, they just have the better games.

Greeno

I just want to say that arguing against or for the rumor is pointless. You guys can wait a day to discover if its true or not, right? Patience my fellow gamers.

DESTROYA

You'll see who will have the last laugh.
I don’t care either way and not buying either console yet. I know I’m laughing at your crazy hot takes with nothing to back them out besides “You‘ll see “.
What are you like 12 years old to believe every crappy internet rumor? Don’t be a sucker and fall for this garbage besides feelings and not facts.

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

tenor.gif

Matsuchezz

This has been confirmed on the 22nd when you are ready to pay you all have to introduce the following Coupon UNKLPHIL❤ME and you will all get the 50 off of the final price on either box on store you need to say the exact same to the clerk to apply it. Source: Dusk Gollem

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Hi Jim Ryan!

He’s absolutely right though. Plenty of info around consumer psychology about this. Lowering the price would be great for people who already want one but would definitely look weak to observers.

When do you have sales?

When you can’t move enough product at full price.

Lowering the price of your flagship products before they even launch when your competitor is selling out at the same or higher prices is simply a bad look. Period. It telegraphs fear and weakness.

The last console I can think of that did that was the N64. We all know how that system did.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
I don’t care either way and not buying either console yet. I know I’m laughing at your crazy hot takes with nothing to back them out besides “You‘ll see “.
What are you like 12 years old to believe every crappy internet rumor? Don’t be a sucker and fall for this garbage besides feelings and not facts.
The internet is a wonderful place where people can pretend to be male female hyppo dog.
They can pretend to like a or b all while making fun of a or b and draging them by the nose.

Am i camp a or b?

Suspence 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁......you will never know.

NihoB

Neo Member
At this point consoles are really only for exclusives (at least for me).

What does the Series X have that's worth buying on launch even if it was -$50? I'm genuinely curious as Halo Infinite was delayed (for obvious reasons) and with Microsoft's strategy of releasing their games on PC also has caused me to have very little reason now unless you don't have a gaming PC. Also the fact that they have the game pass ultimate which I do also have.

I own all the consoles for current gen and even upgraded them to the Pro / X. I was severely disappointed in Halo 5, while Gears 5 and Ori and the Will of the Wisps was fun but I played those on the PC. My Xbox literally ended up collecting dust for the longest time due to this but got some play time due to pandemic where I loaded some games from game pass for me and my niece to play. Other than this even she preferred using the PC majority of the time. I will say though that it's lame for Microsoft to require a Live subscription for F2p games such as Roblox (which I found out before I had game pass ultimate).

BigLee74

I'm not f
Do you have to put an ERP tag on your prices in the US in order to be allowed to lower them before the official preorder start?
I'm not from the US, but I doubt it. I would imagine they can do what they want with the price between now and when they start selling.

I was merely pointing out they went to lengths to call their prices 'estimated', as in, they will change if they feel the need.

Krisprolls

Banned
So "select" old gen PS4 games are now a part of the amazing PS5 launch lineup narrative? What happened to generations?

• God of War
  • The Last of Us: Remastered
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
  • Battlefield 1 (will be on gamepass via ea play)
  • Monster Hunter World (on gamepass)
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy XV (on gamepass, royal edition)
  • The Last Guardian
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • Days Gone
  • Bloodborne
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Batman Arkham Knight (on gamepass)
  • Mortal Kombat X (on gamepass)
  • Persona 5
  • Until Dawn
  • Resident Evil: Biohazard (on gamepass)

In reality you're just getting the "privilege" of playing a bunch of exclusive games that you most likely already own (I know I do) and were already backwards compatible anyway and are not enhanced in any way (as far as we know)

Plus a bunch of games that are already "free" on gamepass and fallout 4.

Woah, what an amazing launch lineup. I get to play all the games I already played, just like on Xbox.

Face it, neither console has a good launch lineup.

All those free games among best PS4 games will make some people switch from Xbox to PS5. Those people didn't play those games by definition. It's huge for them, they're the target here.

If anything, the difference in sales between PS5 and Xbox will be even greater this gen.

DarkBatman

SBI’s Employee of the Year
I'm not f
I'm not from the US, but I doubt it. I would imagine they can do what they want with the price between now and when they start selling.

I was merely pointing out they went to lengths to call their prices 'estimated', as in, they will change if they feel the need.

I just checked, XBox released additional tweets after the announcement without the ERP tag.
So I guess this doesn't seem to be an indication at all?

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
I feel like if they had the funds to afford a drop it would be better spent offering 6 months Gamepass with every console instead.

Being able to offer access to a lot of premium games for free straight off the bad with no additional expenditure 's a pretty compelling selling point, especially with the increase in game prices. They could build marketing just on that point and it'd likely draw in a lot of buyers who may be feeling the pinch in the current economy as well as getting more people in a hooked on the service from the start. IMO, it's their strongest asset and best means of pushing the value of their console.

Kagey K

Banned
The internet is a wonderful place where people can pretend to be male female hyppo dog.
They can pretend to like a or b all while making fun of a or b and draging them by the nose.

Am i camp a or b?

Thanks for the laughs the last couple pages.

That was well played. 💪💪💪💪

I especially liked the use of tht whenever possible. 🤣🤣🤣😂😂😅

Sethbacca

So wait, there are people locked in with 3 years of gamepass at like $1 a month, they're trying to make all these expensive ass games, and then they're expected to take another $50 loss for each unit of these consoles sold? Yeah this gonna look stellar on the financial reports.

Calling bullshit on this one.

Big if true, but we still don't know what the fuck this thing is launching with. I still don't see the case for Xbox next gen.

To be fair I don't see the case for PS5 either. I looked at the launch games and no exclusive really interest me. AC: V, SM: MM, DMC:5, CO: BOCW are all on PS4/XBO. Demon's Souls is a remaster and while a very good game I platinumed it awhile back and have no interest in doing that grind again. Even next year, you have Horizon FW and Hogwarts Legacy are available on PS4 as well. I guess the new GOW and GT will be the first true exclusive system sellers for the system.

There's a reason I'm buying a PS4 and XBO this Fall.

Esppiral

The fake concern in this thread are hysterical.

Even though I don't think a price cut is happening, watching the fanboys freak out and do mental gymnastics to spin a price reduction into a negative is truly special. I guess they didn't have this concern last generation when the PS4 was $100 cheaper and that it was Sony showing weakness and fear of being unable to compete with the Xbox One.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

UnNamed

Banned
Sony is the leader, they have anything to prove, that's why they can price their consoles as 399€/499€, Microsoft instead has to take the risks, has to do anything to compete with them.

A price reduction is a bold move, but they have to do move like this to be competitive this gen.

diffusionx

Gold Member
That is crazy. MS has the most powerful hardware, why would they react to Sony's price......Surely. people would pay more for more powerful hardware right?

No. That’s why people talking this “cost per teraflop” thing are totally off base. Nobody buys a console based on paper specs, it is about games first and price second.

Microsoft shoot himself,not in the foot,in the head, with Halo Infinite showdown.They need to show some great looking games,price is good already.If they cut price,that will be best for consumers,but stress from competition.PS5 sells like hot cakes.In my opinion Microsoft need to anonce that next gen titles on their platforms will stay 59,99.That will be just enough to bitch slap Sony,and question their game prices.

DESTROYA

Am i camp a or b?

Wrong again.
The internet can be a wonderful place but like Twitter, TikTok and Facebook has shown us what a garbage dump for angry people it truly is.
Don't care what you think you are or what camp you lie in but you can’t base feelings for facts when you have nothing to back them up with. You just make yourself look like a tool.
WTF is a male female hyppo dog? Are you drunk man !

Last edited:
Top Bottom