• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4ch: MS is going to announce $50 price reduction on both XSX/XSS tomorrow

Yeah I don't think they would drop the price on the Series X, it's already a fantastic deal at the same price as the weaker PS5. Maybe (and that's a BIG maybe) they'd drop the XSS to $249 to stomp on the PS5DE.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Explain exactly why this would be desperate if this was the pricing plan all along? To be flexible and be sure to undercut the competition? Make zero sense to say it was desperate unless you just want one console to win no matter what.

Phil, its getting embarrassing at this point .....

I could care less what console "wins" I just want to play great games.

Yeah, if it would stand on the frontside of the packaging in Caps.

tenor.png

Uhtred

This is where I'm at. The console warring on this site is getting full blown fucking stupid. Just buy both when they're at the prices that you like and enjoy playing with fucking toys. Bunch of grown men acting like little shits in a school yard.

OT: I don't believe this, but if it does happen it increases the chances that I buy a next gen console at release by a decent bit.
Im buying both. I hope they compete for the rest of my life, I hope they put enormous pressure on each other.

That would be what those in retail call a "fire sale" . . . It would show a real lack of confidence in value especially since they have a lower priced SKU already.

Garjon

It could happen but it's not too likely. The PS5 has more or less sold out already so anyone who wants a next gen console this year will have to get an Xbox. I know MS have been aggressive with their pricing but I think a price drop now would be just leaving money on the table. If I were them, I would be pushing the cost savings on software more than cutting the price on hardware, particularly when you're already selling the consoles at a loss.

jimbojim

Banned
I guess they didn't have this concern last generation when the PS4 was $100 cheaper and that it was Sony showing weakness and fear of being unable to compete with the Xbox One.

MS devalued Xbone enough throughout entire generation. Since Kinect drop, Xbone was constantly cheaper.

FunkMiller

Why on earth would they do that before the pre orders open?

You’re basically saying “our console is too expensive and won’t sell at this price” before you’ve put it out.

Can’t see anyone at Microsoft thinking thats a good idea.

Malte

Neo Member
Lowering the price at this point would indicate that Microsoft doubts that it could otherwise sell all of their units at and around launch.

turtlepowa

Banned
Just when you think even the die-hard warriors wouldn't have to say something negative about a price drop, they come with this :

- Desperate
- People lose confidence in your product
- But Microsoft doesn't care if they sell boxes
- Quality comes with a price
- Show of weaknesses

And that's all just on the first page.

Jtibh

Banned
PS4 Pro? Ya, that won't sell as well now in the 4TF console space.
Sony wont be able to sell many consoles if they are priced above xbox.

Now the price is almost the same.

With spiderman being 70 bucks and 10 hour long and demon souls also 70 bucks and only a few people would play it anyways plus its coming to pc why would anyone buy a ps5 when xsx is cheaper and has gamepass plus halo infinite plus medium etc.

Would be great if true but I dought it. I also don’t know how this makes ms weak. If anything it’s a smart move and a good way to give it to sony

Just when you think even the die-hard warriors wouldn't have to say something negative about a price drop, they come with this :

- Desperate
- Show of weaknesses

Top Comment nailed the ps fans

Jdroop

How can any gamers be against this? Lol we all win.

- Desperate
- Show of weaknesses

Right shit is insane lol how can anyone be against this.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Sony wont be able to sell many consoles if they are priced above xbox.

Now the price is almost the same.

With spiderman being 70 bucks and 10 hour long and demon souls also 70 bucks and only a few people would play it anyways plus its coming to pc why would anyone buy a ps5 when xsx is cheaper and has gamepass plus halo infinite plus medium etc.

You must be living in an alternative reality.

Last edited:

Komatsu

Console wars, a parallel universe where a 1 trillion dollar company is said to be “desperate” to beat a Japanese keiretsu with 10% of its market value and a fraction of its revenue.

MS might do the price cut to foster growth during the holiday season, but a video game box is but a small moving part of their overall strategy so I think that’s unlikely. Regardless of which console you buy, you will be playing on Azure servers as Satya and Phil laugh their way to the bank.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
In reality you guys are too focused on the one time console expense and not on the ps5 raised game prices. That’s the real price story going into next gen. You better hope MS keeps theirs low as it would force Sony to lower theirs.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Regardless of the price I'm getting a ps5 because come on, it's the ps5. But I hope this is true just to see the absolute shitstorm this would instigate. People can't even handle a few games being cross gen, imagine if this is true haha.
Playstation fans should be hoping for this. Sony is still winning big 65-75 percent market share. With the S at 250 it could help kill off support sooner for the ps4 since you could buy it for the same price or less. The less appealing the ps4 is sooner Sony kills cross generation.

Playstation fans should be hoping for this. Sony is still winning big 65-75 percent market share. With the S at 250 it could help kill off support sooner for the ps4 since you could buy it for the same price or less. The less appealing the ps4 is sooner Sony kills cross generation.

Meh, I'm just here for the tears.

Top Bottom