• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4ch: MS is going to announce $50 price reduction on both XSX/XSS tomorrow

sendit

Yeah I don't think they would drop the price on the Series X, it's already a fantastic deal at the same price as the weaker PS5. Maybe (and that's a BIG maybe) they'd drop the XSS to $249 to stomp on the PS5DE.

qx5h3Q7.jpg

chigstoke

Its ridiculous that anyone would think that a price reduction would be "desperate" in any way, especially if this was the price they planned from day one and just lured Sony into a higher price.

As much as everyone says they don't care how many they sell, thats just silly, we know and they know they need to sell millions to sell more game pass and regular software.

If they can afford to drop the price and it equals more sales its a no brainer.
createcard.jpg

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
If they want to guarantee second place next-gen, they need to price the Series S at $199.99 and Series X at $299.99.

I would go Series S day 1 for $200

Its ridiculous that anyone would think that a price reduction would be "desperate" in any way, especially if this was the price they planned from day one and just lured Sony into a higher price.

There is some damage to their image in a way. If they announce a price widely and then changes at last minute, it's bound to cause some confusion even though it's considered good news. Also if they were trying to bait Sony like you suggest, why would they start at such a competitive price point? Why not start higher and they drop way under after Sony's preorders open?

Humdinger

That would look weak. It would look as if they are putting the console on sale, before it even releases.

No chance.

sobaka770

Banned
What's the point thoguh? The PS5 is sold out probably for weeks, people who want next-gen console early will get Xbox now. 50$ won't change that and they can drop the price later.
I mean good for the consumers I guess but it make MS look a bit desperate. The only thing I see is that if they were to do it it's better to drop the price now rather than after 3 months as not to screw early adopters.

Count me in doubt category at this point.

We need to ban 4Chan as a source. Nothing that's come from that dump of a site has been true in regards to next gen.

That's incorrect. Halo Infinite gameplay description was leaked out prior to MS showing and was true from start to finish.

I think what we need is people who actually do research and self educate themselves and find facts versus lies. But its too much to ask so I'd say let's ban the ignorant posters. They never bring anything good to the discussion and just parrot nonesense.

Last edited:

Rien

Jelly Belly
would be cool to see it happen.
Not hoping Sony will counter it cause I have a feeling they bump the price on something else to weigh out the loss. Sony ain’t no Microsoft

Mister D

Phil Spencer walks up to you in an alley with a big brown bag. I got these two Xboxes..... I'll suck yo dick!!

Last edited:

Iced Arcade

X Goin give it to ya.

Actually highly doubt. Would be a massively smart thing to drop the series S by another $50.

Last edited:

tryDEATH

I personally can't see it happening as the Series X is already a much better deal than the PS5 at $499, thus the need for a better price isn't of huge importance.

But if you want to speculate and have some fun with it, a price drop of $50 before the pre-orders open would generate a metric sh*t ton of hype for pre-orders. Also considering the PS5 managed to drop $100 between their version over just a disk drive a further $50 off MS isn't completely insane.

But I don't have my hopes up for it happening, it would be a pleasant surprise.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I would go Series S day 1 for $200

There is some damage to their image in a way. If they announce a price widely and then changes at last minute, it's bound to cause some confusion even though it's considered good news. Also if they were trying to bait Sony like you suggest, why would they start at such a competitive price point? Why not start higher and they drop way under after Sony's preorders open?

Who knows, maybe they had slides for 599 499 and 399 ready, and the 499 leaked.

Also for those saying it makes them look "weak" maybe they should raise it up to $599, make them look strong lol, such logic......

Dropping now just makes them look competitive.

DonF

Bro, that would be a concerning megaton for Microsoft.
I know reaction would be positive for the consumers, but as a company, they would look like ass.

Serious doubt about this.

Sleepwalker

I’ll never understand the hate for one console or another. I just don’t get it. Do you all realize when there was is competition, the consumer wins? Why do some of you pray for the demise of MS or Sony? WTF?

Fanboys only care about being a part of the "winning team", they don't really care for their wallet as long as their favorite company is "winning". Lowest of the low in the intelligence ladder.

Top Bottom