• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When do MS actually go public with the messaging on third party?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
If you're expecting a grand statement about abandoning hardware or exclusives, you'll probably be disappointed. I imagine it'll be a small announcement about it being a case by case thing and gradually expand it from there, assuming they see they returns they hope for.

You are right. It's the microsoft way. It will be so confusing.

Kilau

Willy Wonka Suspense GIF

Bond007

It will be a spin fest and i doubt an overnight thing like SEGA did.
I think from the sounds of it- a gradual progression in that direction.

Certain games first, phase out consoles slowly- third party consoles? - then all games.

Papa_Wisdom

It will be a spin fest and i doubt an overnight thing like SEGA did.
I think from the sounds of it- a gradual progression in that direction.

Certain games first, phase out consoles slowly- third party consoles? - then all games.
I wouldn’t have minded sega going 3rd party back In the day if they’d only managed to carry on making there own hardware.

I know the whole reason they stopped was because there hardware almost bankrupted them but the hardware industry without them has been shit.

Forsythia

As long as they are just clear what will be going on. No more of that 'case by case' bullshit. If everything will be thirdparty, fine, but just tell it like it is.

At this point I need it. I really want to hear how Microsoft is going to run with or play this. Too much drama to not have some resolution.

NickFire

How many more xbox doom threads today? Why shoud they react on some Bs on twitter?
A lot of the alleged leaks are coming from or getting more spotlight from people who make their living praising Xbox. And their hardware struggles are pretty well known. This isn’t run of the mill 4chan leak nonsense.

kungfuian

What I think will be interesting is which of their particular executives will be the Fall Guy or girl. I expect that they might use Phil to deliver the poison pill then throw him under the bus or get rid of him after. Of course he would be aware of this in advance, maybe get a nice golden parachute n retire off into the sunset.

Then they can replace him with some new face who gamers won't be able to be angry with because they just came in and inherited the situation.

I just think that's the PR move they probably go for.

Outside of that I don't see why it's so hard to understand that the Xbox division and Xbox hardware in particular is not that important to their larger games division objectives. We might still see some Xbox branded hardware but it won't be anything traditional maybe more of a streaming digital fire stick kind of thing or even a cheap streaming portable. Something that lets people use game pass and buy games from their store.

They just aren't any good at the hardware business and it's a bit of an albatross around their neck at this point. For anyone paying attention you can see from a thousand miles away they were always going to pivot away from the traditional console market. I just think the plans been accelerated because of all the steps they've taken to build up their new business strategy has eroded that base much quicker than they thought. They have unsuccessfully pivoted and the revenue stream from the traditional Xbox gamer will need to be replaced in a hurry. I give it a year or two backs until they've fully transitioned.

What they should do is try to be clever, maybe just have like a commercial with a world war II scene playing out, with people fighting in trenches, green against blue, and then after a while everybody just stops, the green ones reach out their hands and start giving the blue side game cases, and then it just clips to some kind of 'games for everyone' campaign slogan followed by a 'starfield coming to Playstation fall 24' yada yada...

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
What's he going to say?

I'd imagine it'd be just him reassuring the fanbase that Xbox will remain the FIRST and BEST PLACE to enjoy the games they love, and that they'll have more to say in the SPRING.

NickFire

I know its not even 9 yet in PST, but still really surprised they have been so quiet this morning. This narrative could cripple their brand by itself if they don't get ahead of it.

Question for those who may remember when plans to double the price of gold were revealed before the public reversal. Did they allow that news to fester this long before publicly reversing?

Top Bottom