• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4ch: MS is going to announce $50 price reduction on both XSX/XSS tomorrow

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
So I'm not allowed to use your hypothetical situation to come to my own conclusions/present my own thoughts?
If you don't want people to do that, stop playing the "Let's say this happens..." game.
Well... It can literally go on forever. There is no winning this game. I tried to put a realistic hypothetical scenario, now we are getting into scalpers and stock holders. My hypothetical scenario also was in response to a specific statement that it reeks of desperation. My retorts point was, to the consumer, it would not matter. I wasn't attempting to start an argument/debate.

Last edited:
Why not a 100$ reduction?

price-is-right-mom.gif

But seriously I don't think it's happening. They are already losing money on both especially the S if the rumors are correct. They are not going to reduce the price especially if they have the S undercutting the PS5 by 100$ and the X being the more powerful system at the same price.

BlackM1st

Banned
Great strategy, wait for Sony to sell all the initial batch of PS5s and then announce that you're ready to fight.

Fight for what? All start PS5 consoles are already sold out lol MS is probably 1 million behind already...

Reactions: MrS

DarkBatman

Well... It can literally go on forever. There is no winning this game. I tried to put a realistic hypothetical scenario, now we are getting into scalpers and stock holders. My hypothetical scenario also was in response to a specific statement that it reeks of desperation. My retorts point was, to the consumer, it would not matter. I wasn't attempting to start an argument/debate.

It's not about winning, it's called a discussion. Isn't that the point of joining a gaming forum?
You had a hypothetical scenario that pointed out a big plus for the costumer. And I took the same scenario, changed the perspective and thought about the potential problems such a scenario would bring up.

Of course neither of us can win, you can't proof how the costumer would react and I can't send you mails from MS shareholders.
But we can talk about it, think about it and use your scenario to find good arguments for "Why it would make sense for MS to lower the price right now" and arguments for why it wouldn't.

And to continue your scenario: You really think Timmy's mom would go to the shop and just buy "a new console"?
Timmy will be like "Mommy, mommy, I want a [enter console name here] for christmas/birthday!"
To be honest, I don't know that many moms who went console shopping for their kids.
But when I got my PlayStation 1 back in the day, my parents took me to the shop because they didn't want to screw up.
So I don't think price will be the only variable in this scenario. "What are Timmy's friends buying?" and "Did Timmy own a PS4 or XBox One?" will also be important.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
It's not about winning, it's called a discussion. Isn't that the point of joining a gaming forum?
You had a hypothetical scenario that pointed out a big plus for the costumer. And I took the same scenario, changed the perspective and thought about the potential problems such a scenario would bring up.

Of course neither of us can win, you can't proof how the costumer would react and I can't send you mails from MS shareholders.
But we can talk about it, think about it and use your scenario to find good arguments for "Why it would make sense for MS to lower the price right now" and arguments for why it wouldn't.

And to continue your scenario: You really think Timmy's mom would go to the shop and just buy "a new console"?
Timmy will be like "Mommy, mommy, I want a [enter console name here] for christmas/birthday!"
To be honest, I don't know that many moms who went console shopping for their kids.
But when I got my PlayStation 1 back in the day, my parents took me to the shop because they didn't want to screw up.
So I don't think price will be the only variable in this scenario. "What are Timmy's friends buying?" and "Did Timmy own a PS4 or XBox One?" will also be important.
Everything you said is untrue of Timmy's mom. Timmy's mom does not care what Timmy wants. Timmy mom doesn't care what his friends like. She is a value shopper.

I bet your wandering how do I know all this about Timmy's mom, well I'll tell you. I made her up, she is not real. So in an attempt at ending this discussion. I decree that Timmy's mom agrees with me and not you.😉

DarkBatman

Everything you said is untrue of Timmy's mom. Timmy's mom does not care what Timmy wants. Timmy mom doesn't care what his friends like. She is a value shopper.

I bet your wandering how do I know all this about Timmy's mom, well I'll tell you. I made her up, she is not real. So in an attempt at ending this discussion. I decree that Timmy's mom agrees with me and not you.😉

Well.. this wasn't a discussion, because you want to play your own little mind games.
Pretty sad to see. Maybe start a blog or a Youtube channel to throw your thoughts around, there should be a least a bit of a discussion culture in a forum.

Unlikely, but the "ERP" instead of RRP was a bit weird.

Yeah. But in Germany they used the typical German RRP term (UVP) that also Sony used for the PS5 prices.

truth411

This is good. $500 ps5 is already a worse value than the xsx, $449 will make it even worse.

$450 would made the Xbox 37.5 dollars per tflops which is even better than the $400 ps5s 40 dollars per tflops ratio.

I hope this lights a fire under Sony. They have been taking advantage of their popularity and i wish them nothing but bad luck.
This has to be sarcasm.
Ill be enjoying actual games.

Stuart360

Its just some insider trying their luck. The 'ERP' has caused some confusion, and combine it with the fact that If Microsoft wer going to lower the price, they would have to do it now before the console goes on sale, or they would piss off people who already bought them at full price.
Classic 'insider' tactics, somethines they get lucky, usually they dont (as shown by our very own insiders plenty of times).

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:
You know people have lost their mind when they start complaining at a $50 price reduction. Thing hasn’t even gone on sale yet let alone pre orders. The tribalism for consoles is insane.

What happened to people just being fans of GAMES no matter what console they are on?

Best post in the thread IMO

oldergamer

Great strategy, wait for Sony to sell all the initial batch of PS5s and then announce that you're ready to fight.

Fight for what? All start PS5 consoles are already sold out lol MS is probably 1 million behind already...
I doubt sony had 1 million pre orders. Based on the fact stores had so few units and then told people they would have even less (like amazon)

Last edited:

thief183

...Incredible....so Ms shouldn't drop the price cause that would make them desperate? What is this BS, who gives a fk what is the reason? I don't plan on buying any console but at 199 I'll totally get a Series S, I'll put on my bedroom with gamepass and play forever without paying anything except the fee...

I don't understand these console warriors, are you so poor that you can't afford 2 consoles? I mean if you get a PS5 the 3 games are going to cost you more than a Series S with gamepass for 1 year.

...I guess if the reason are not money or just "brand loyalty" then.... ahahahaha... pathetic.... if a company wants my loyalty I want 1 Million euro in cash. than, maybe I'll be loyal.

Shmunter

Could be influenced by Xcloud also. The thing is out and nobody is electrified by it, no fanfare. The billions of mobile users MS was planning on converting simply aren’t responding. Expected after Stadia test run and Sony’s tepid approach over the years.

All of a sudden, console sales do matter to fuel the eco system. #ConsoleSalesMatter

Justin9mm

If you pay full price for gamepass you are doing something wrong. For 150usd you can have three years of gamepass now.
I did my $1 deal for my account and got an extension on my subscription but that's been used up. I'm not sure where you expect me to get a deal from in Australia? I'm not about to start having multiple accounts.

Justin9mm

Really?........$200 a year!!!

Fucking hell that crazy
Well $200 AUD but yeah.. It's $15.95 AUD per month for Gamepass Ultimate, but you obviously need Ultimate to play online. I did my $1 deal a long while ago and got a good extension but that's up now so yeah I imagine there are other countries who pay something similar. This is where they are going to make up the money for the console.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Right?? Especially since Sony lied about other things, no reason for them to care at all! You win bro!!

Smh
Just like MS don't care about console sales but haven't showed its sales since the PS4 demolishing started,waited forever playing cat and mouse then finally announced the XSX price and now rumored to undercut the PS5 in price.

MS is easily the bigger bser.

Top Bottom