• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF PS5 & Xbox Pre-order Watch

Puncheur

It's here! Anazon logistics came through. Now just to finish work and a quick trip to the off licence and we're all set. Day off tomorrow. Good times.

FastOrc

Well looks like my Amazon UK order is now ferked up.

i now get
On the way, but it may be late

Your package can still arrive today

We're working to get your package back on track. Please check again later for more delivery info.

Delay in delivery due to external factors

Kuranghi

How long until Spiderman Remastered is available on its own we thinking?

I wish it was like £10-15 more than Miles alone, because Spiderman PS4 Goty edition is like £23, tempted to leave it until it comes out on its own.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Hi mate, using the 3.5 cable supplied with the headphones :messenger_grinning:

Thats sweet, can you switch them on and use the noise cancelling + intelligent muting function but without connecting to BT? That last one might only be on XM4 tho I think.

Holy shit this is great actually because I'm so excited to hear the Tempest Audio in headphones.

Kuranghi

Good choice! I've always enjoyed their stuff when I've been in their pubs.

I'll get by with whatever the local off licence has, so no craft brews for me.
Recently I've been enjoying Bevertown's fine products but hard to come by in shops. Curse lockdown!

https://beavertownbrewery.co.uk/

Yeah I like beavertown's commitment to not just making 800 IPAs definitely, those aren't for me, I'm a dark and/or sweet man. I think IPA is like Islay malt for me, its an aquired taste among other types of Whisky.

You can even get the Stingo on that link which is an 8% strong ale only made around Christmas (Maybe even just Nov) and I HIGHLY recommend it, only got to have it once so far, but was on tap from a proper ale place (ie they properly rested the cask when it arrived) and had 5 pints without noticing I was smashed out of my tits and ruined christmas (My mums words lol), because I wouldn't stop saying how Pirates of the Carribean 3 was really terrible out loud while everyone was trying to watch it on Christmas eve.

FUBARx89

Well lads, sony don't do doorstep exchanges anymore, up to 15 days for a repair.

Shopto don't have anyone in the office or replying to help desk questions 😂

chigstoke

Thats sweet, can you switch them on and use the noise cancelling + intelligent muting function but without connecting to BT? That last one might only be on XM4 tho I think.

Holy shit this is great actually because I'm so excited to hear the Tempest Audio in headphones.
Yeah the 3D Audio was enabled by default (I assume this is for any pair plugged in though). I would imagine noise cancelling will work, as long as you disconnect it from any connected devices while using it.
Unsure on intelligent muting mind. Once these downloads are done I'll load a game and take a look :). BTW the 3D Audio test sounded really good with the flowing water, can't wait test it on games!

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
eG7fwvt.jpg

It actually does not look that bad in person. The big, clean white surface calms the weird design down irl

DonJorginho

Banned
Well lads, sony don't do doorstep exchanges anymore, up to 15 days for a repair.

Shopto don't have anyone in the office or replying to help desk questions 😂
They have people on help desk but it takes a week for a reply aha.

Hope the repair process goes smoothly man!

Arun1910

Got mine from Royal Mail this morning.
Do not sleep on Astros Playroom whilst your games download, I didn't think I could enjoy a new type of vibration system but the Haptic Feedback thing is ridiculous.

chigstoke

Update for you, Noise Cancelling works perfectly, and no discernible lag either :messenger_beaming:

Jezbollah

Had to pop out. Missed the Amazon drop. Feelsbadman.

Currently still in the queue for Game. have Asda open too just in case.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Gonna have to buy a new side unit for this thing. My TV shelves are too close together and I've taken one look at the screw thread turners and nope'd out, I'd rather not have it collapse under the weight of a 65" TV.

Dedicated PS5 table it is.

Jezbollah

So this is the summary of today's fun:

Amazon: stock previously live - keep refreshing
Very: stock previously flashing in and out - keep refreshing
Currys: 'no PS5s available to buy today' - check for updates
Studio: stock previously live - check for updates
John Lewis: stock previously live but site down - check for updates
AO: awaiting stock - check for updates
Ebuyer: awaiting stock - check for updates
ASDA: potential stock at midday
Box: no stock available for launch - check for updates
Argos: no stock available for launch - check for updates
Tesco: now out of stock - check for updates
Game: currently sold out - check for updates
BT: now out of stock

Retailers:

220px-Trollface_non-free.png

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
Fucking hell what a rollercoaster.

Amazon tracking says its one stop away. I check the tracker and can see it's near by.

Check the tracker again 10 mins later and it looks like the fucker is heading around the M25 in the wrong direction! lol

Cherrypepsi

No success in Ireland
twitter is hilarious right now with all the people that are angry.
People really feel so entitled, like it is them who deserve the new product with limited quantities, just because they were able to click on add to cart :D

Congratz to everyone who was able to get one
See you next year I guess :/

Mine came about 2 hours ago. I didn't open it straight away. Wanted it to be in the warm for a bit before turning it on. Updated it and didn't do anything else. Disc drive seems to be fine with no bad noises.

All good so far..... hopefully, it stays that way!

Top Bottom