• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF PS5 & Xbox Pre-order Watch

buenoblue

Bin playing miles morales for a few hours. Playing on performance mode and I gotta say, WOW. Such an upgrade of ps4 spiderman. Ps5 seems really nice so far. I had one crash in astro but bin all good since then. Luckily I have a 75 inch tv so the ps5 doesn't look too big next to it lol.

AfricanKing

HJ5ilPK.jpg

Gonna need to clear out my wife’s Wii crap and place it horizontally

Ogbert

Anyone else having problems getting their PS5 to recognise HDR?

It seems I can do 4K or 1080p with HDR.

It won’t recognise 4K HDR.

No crashes, but it will not copy my discs over. I get an error, it "Copies" but then when the disc is removed, it deletes itself from the SSD. I've factory reset and it seems to be playing nicely, but usually it needs a reboot with the disc in the drive. Something definitely isn't right though. Useable, but not right.

Ogbert

No crashes, but it will not copy my discs over. I get an error, it "Copies" but then when the disc is removed, it deletes itself from the SSD. I've factory reset and it seems to be playing nicely, but usually it needs a reboot with the disc in the drive. Something definitely isn't right though. Useable, but not right.

Did that with my first attempt to install DS.

Definite Gremlins here.

chigstoke

I haven’t had a console in almost a year and a half and wanted to jump back in with the PS5 - missed the first pre-order because of bots and now even the same today...

Royally pissed off
I can only feel Christmas time is going to be another horrendous free for all with what I imagine will be extra stock.

Having to check stock informer all the time is no fun at all.

I can only feel Christmas time is going to be another horrendous free for all with what I imagine will be extra stock.

Having to check stock informer all the time is no fun at all.

Yeah - it’s a shit show, quite frankly.

Maybe more stock on Black Friday but even more traffic then, like you say Christmas which will also be fucked because of demand over lockdown.

The Bots have absolutely ruined this launch, one glance on eBay will show you what utter cunts are out there.

Did that with my first attempt to install DS.

Definite Gremlins here.

Yeah. Pain, but I'm banking on a patch. Apparently a few options, allegedly, is dont click copy and if it doesn't to it automatically to remove disc and try again. That or copy from the game options, not the dashboard.

Someone did mention disconnect from the Internet as the patch download process is doing it. God knows anymore :messenger_persevering:

Greggy

Amazon delivered on time. They seem as reliable as any other outlet. Bezos must be laughing all the way to the bank in this pandemic.
I've got tomorrow off. The weekend starts now. Time to set up the PS5 next to the XSX and compare those two experiences. May gaming live forever.

FastOrc

Well i thought it was all over for a delivery from Amazon UK today, with some dodgy hold up.
But my order just got updated to out for delivery at 5pm, & will get my ps5 digital now before 11pm...

Thank god for that, I really didn't think my delivery was not going to happen today.

Daffy Duck

Mate. Don’t fret. I have actually had that message before and the product turned up a couple of hours later.

Nah, the Amazon guy has been, girlfriend said he dropped something off next door (wasn’t the PS5 as neighbours aren’t in and it was small enough to post). I passed him when I went to the shops

Last edited:

FastOrc

Nah, the Amazon guy has been, girlfriend said he dropped something off next door (wasn’t the PS5 as neighbours aren’t in and it was small enough to post). I passed him when I went to the shops
have you knocked on next door to ask if a parcel has been dropped off for your address?

JimiNutz

Banned
Pleasantly surprised how quick it was to set everything up and jump into Demon's Souls.

It's an absolute beast of a console though, gonna need to completely redo my set up so that it fits in properly.

Hostile_18

Banned
Well despite a nerve racking 10 minutes where the picture didnt come on it's all sorted. Everything works fine, including my 2tb NVME SSD. 😁

The controller is AMAZING. I have a new found appreciation for 60 FPS as well thanks to Demon's Souls.

Last edited:
Well despite a nerve racking 10 minutes where the picture didnt come on it's all sorted. Everything works fine, including my 2tb NVME SSD. 😁

The controller is AMAZING. I have a new found appreciation for 60 FPS as well thanks to Demon's Souls.

Which NVMe did you get? I'm thinking the new Sabrent PCIe 4 would fit and be fast enough?

Popup

I thought mine was going to stay at the depot all day as there was no update. Then all at once within 20 minutes I got an email saying it was out for delivery and then it turned up at the door. It's so quiet that I honestly wonder if the fan is working..

So any UK Gaffers have had any of the early issues that the US guys have had such as coil whine, freezing, crashing and etc

None so far thank God.

Been using WiFi only, no rest mode and one download at a time and not playing any games during a download or copying. Firmware and controller fully updated.

LooseLips

I... I **think** I've just managed to successfully order one through Asda, UK. Was literally about to close the tab , I clicked refresh for old time's sake and I became available. Dec 15th delivery. Perhaps worth a shot looking around still...although it may get cancelled of course.

Hostile_18

Banned
Which NVMe did you get? I'm thinking the new Sabrent PCIe 4 would fit and be fast enough?

I got the Sabrent NVME gen 3 2tb for £150 off ebay (make sure it's the black packaging). The max speed any nvme can do externally on the PS5 is 1.25gig a second via USB 3.1. It's as fast as the PS5 internal is at running/loading PS4 games. Keeps the PS5 drive for PS5 games 😁.

Last edited:
I got the Sabrent NVME gen 3 2tb for £150 off ebay (make sure it's the black packaging). The max speed any nvme can do externally on the PS5 is 1.25gig a second via USB 3.1. It's as fast as the PS5 internal is at running/loading PS4 games. Keeps the PS5 drive for PS5 games 😁.

Those Sabrents are awesome. I have the previous one - not quite as fast as my WD Black but still fast.

cormack12

Gold Member
i am fucking raging.

The amazon logistics guy has stole my PS5. Say's its been delivered but it's not here and i've been in all day.

CUNT

That's shit mate. Sometimes they mark it and it does come later but if they've fucked you over, hope you manage to get some freebies as well as one from the next shipment.

Daffy Duck

That's shit mate. Sometimes they mark it and it does come later but if they've fucked you over, hope you manage to get some freebies as well as one from the next shipment.

Some guy on Twitter replied to say exactly the same happened to his fathers PS5, Amazon told his dad if it’s not with him By tomorrow they will get a refund. I will kick up a right fuss if they say the same, might cancel prime and never use them again after this.

mrbaba

Anyone having issues with PS4 to PS5 upgrades?
I've got a PS4 copy of Assassin's Creed Valhalla but where it's supposed to show digital upgrade on the store, it's just asking me to buy the game.

Some guy on Twitter replied to say exactly the same happened to his fathers PS5, Amazon told his dad if it’s not with him By tomorrow they will get a refund. I will kick up a right fuss if they say the same, might cancel prime and never use them again after this.

I've had Amazon mark it as delivered - the driver marks them all as delivered as he signs them in - speeds up his round later!

Even had them not deliver that day, but did so the following day!

Top Bottom